• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions, Simple (Or Not) Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I though a female Pokemon would act as a male if it bred whit Ditto? I will check if my female Dragonite can pass down Exstremspeed while breeding whit a Ditto when I get my SS back.

I'm curious about something. It wasn't until Gen 4 that I learned about Effort Values. Nowadays, I tend to EV train certain Pokemon. The reason behind this is, even though I don't battle competitively (yet), I just want to maximize my team's potential. I tend to take my time in the games anyway, so it's worthwhile. However, even though I now know how EV training works, and how it is calculated, my question is this: Where can I see the total EVs of my Pokemon? I'll use an example.

In my SoulSilver, I'm raising a Tauros as a tank/physical sweeper. He has insanely high HP, Attack, and Speed with very high Defense and moderately high Special Defense. I'm in the process of doing some more Defense and Special Defense EV training with him. I know what Pokemon to go train with and whatnot, but I would like to know where or how I can see my EV total? I want to get an idea of how much I need to do in order to maximize his tank-like position. I guess I should also state his nature and such. His Nature is Bashful (no particular stat growth) and his Characteristic is Likes to Thrash About (Attack stat growth).

This kind of question has probably been asked before, but I would still like an explanation of how or where I can find my EV totals. Thanks in advance.

I've got a simple question.
I got a Japanese Charmander off the GTS a while ago, which since then I have evolved into a Charizard. The question is that is the masuda method still valid even if its name was changed to an English one?

I got a Japanese Charmander off the GTS a while ago, which since then I have evolved into a Charizard. The question is that is the masuda method still valid even if its name was changed to an English one?

Yes, the game still sees it as a jap. Pokemon so it will work.

Has anyone hacked into Pokemon Rumble? If so, what's the highest possible level? Are there level limits for each Pokemon (example: I have a Lucario at level 2409, can I get a Weezing at that level?)? Can one get shinies from the recruit station in the terminal?

I ask again. This seems to get ignored wherever I post it.

I'm curious about something. It wasn't until Gen 4 that I learned about Effort Values. Nowadays, I tend to EV train certain Pokemon. The reason behind this is, even though I don't battle competitively (yet), I just want to maximize my team's potential. I tend to take my time in the games anyway, so it's worthwhile. However, even though I now know how EV training works, and how it is calculated, my question is this: Where can I see the total EVs of my Pokemon? I'll use an example.

In my SoulSilver, I'm raising a Tauros as a tank/physical sweeper. He has insanely high HP, Attack, and Speed with very high Defense and moderately high Special Defense. I'm in the process of doing some more Defense and Special Defense EV training with him. I know what Pokemon to go train with and whatnot, but I would like to know where or how I can see my EV total? I want to get an idea of how much I need to do in order to maximize his tank-like position. I guess I should also state his nature and such. His Nature is Bashful (no particular stat growth) and his Characteristic is Likes to Thrash About (Attack stat growth).

This kind of question has probably been asked before, but I would still like an explanation of how or where I can find my EV totals. Thanks in advance.
You can't. The only way is to get it to level 100 (online battle works) and reverse-engineer the value. You can, however, check if you've achieved maximum EVs all-around (the full 510) by talking to a specific NPC.

Of course. The country of origin is set when the Pokémon is caught and will never change.

I ask again. This seems to get ignored wherever I post it.
Maybe nobody knows the answer? Stop whining.

There is no way to calculate your Pokémon's EVs without knowing the IVs. I suppose you could use EV reducing berries (Pomeg, etc.) but they won't tell you exactly how many. There are a few people that can do EV checks with Action Replay. Maybe try to find one in the Trade Center.
Foreign Pokémon are foreign, regardless of their name. If the Pokémon evolved from a foreign Pokémon, it's still foreign.

EDIT: ninja'd

I just downloaded the Winner's Path on my SS game yesterday, and I've just used up about 400 wats and all I ran into were mostly Duskulls, a few Bronzors, and a munchlax. If Magikarp is suppose to be very common and horsea is suppose to be as common as duskull the why didnt I run into either of them at all?
I had over 8000 steps for today when I started using my wats so shouldn't they all apear?

EDIT:nvm, i just found out the answer. The Pokémon catchable on a stroll is fixed from the time the player transfers their Pokémon to the Pokéwalker. so that means Bronzor, duskull and munchlax were chosen for the time, and mabey next time the other 3 will apear. sorry for the useless post :p

EDIT AGAIN: OK now I have another question, does the thing I just described above also aply to the iteams obtainable on a route?

Last edited:
Ah, I see. Thanks Neo and RyeKew. I knew about the ribbon, but it made me curious how everyone else seemed to know their EVs for their Pokemon (like in the RMT section), so that's why I asked. Thank you for clearing that up for me.

Question: Does there exist mandarin versions of the pokemon games? The reason I ask is I'm slowly learning chinese and it would be helpful to play through a game using chinese characters, especially the black and white when it's released.

I tried searching the internet and I couldn't find anything definite, so I thought I would ask here.

I think my question may have been lost.

Is the Elite Four the best way to gain experience in Platinum?

If you can beat them I think yes, the leaders gives a lot as well, and your rival also has a good team. Maybe using the Vs.Seeker against some trainers is faster, but I suppose the E4 is the best way.

Is the Elite Four the best way to gain experience in Platinum?

i use the trainer cafe (once a day) & the elite 4 when raising levels fast in platinum - the versus seeker is good too if you know where the good trainers are (i don't...)

Ah, I see. Thanks Neo and RyeKew. I knew about the ribbon, but it made me curious how everyone else seemed to know their EVs for their Pokemon (like in the RMT section), so that's why I asked. Thank you for clearing that up for me.
Well the best way to do it is feed EV-reducing berries to your Pokémon until they're all down to 0, and then patiently taking note of the theoretical EV gain for each Pokémon you defeat.

So, I've just recently found out about IV's, and I have a question. How do I find the real IV's of my pokemon without clearing their EVs? I don't have any EV-clearing berries; is there any quick/easy way to do this?

So, I've just recently found out about IV's, and I have a question. How do I find the real IV's of my pokemon without clearing their EVs? I don't have any EV-clearing berries; is there any quick/easy way to do this?

It's impossible whiteout a cheating device.

Maybe nobody knows the answer? Stop whining.

I was not whining. I just want an answer. I had asked in multiple other places, and gotten the exact same lack of response. I think you can understand my frustration here. That said, I guess I didn't have a right to phrase my frustration the way I did...

Sorry if this was asked before.

How come when you release Pokémon, sometimes they will come right back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom