• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preordering the Japan games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. Refer To Profile
Ok so we know when the games are getting released in Japan Sept 18th isnt long to wait. When and where could you preorder them if possible. I would like to preorder the japanese games ASAP so i can ensure i'll get them. If I can do it online, id like to know the website(s) where i can do this. Who else is preordering the games?

I too am getting impatient. For us westerners, the most likely place to pre-order will be play-asia.com or yesasia.com (although yesasia are slow to dispatch). Amazon.co.jp have said they will not ship Black/White overseas.

I'll be pre-ordering White as soon as I can.

So play-asia.com it is, then? Guess I'll give my friend the money and he'll import for me.

I'll be using eBay, like I did to get the US version of Pearl. Someone is bound to be selling copies on there.

Only rarely have I known anyone to ship the games early. It has happened, though. I think it happened for DP. Playasia sent some of the games early.

I would pre-order them, if it weren't for the fact that the DSi (and perhaps the 3DS) was region-locked.

Yeah, that's what I'm wondering...

I don't think you can play it on an English DSi, yet I think it will work on a DS just fine...:/

Anyone know if this is true or not? I'm glad I kept my DSphat...but still...sucks I can't play it on my shiny DSi. My DSphat is dirty as heck.

Yeah, that's what I'm wondering...

I don't think you can play it on an English DSi, yet I think it will work on a DS just fine...:/

Anyone know if this is true or not? I'm glad I kept my DSphat...but still...sucks I can't play it on my shiny DSi. My DSphat is dirty as heck.

Wikipedia's regional lockout article said:
The immediate successor to the Nintendo DS, the Nintendo DSi, is region-locked, but only in terms of its downloadable games. Physical DS game carts will play on it regardless of region of origin (DSi-only and even DSi-enhanced games are region-locked though).

Turn them both in and get a DSLite. It's better than the DSPhat and a satisfactory replacement for the DSi because, unlike the DSi, it has Backwards-compatibility if you have GBA games to play.

Edit: Yusuf, BW have the DSi-enhanced barcode label, meaning something about them is enhanced by the DSi, would should, if not will, make thenm region-locked.

The immediate successor to the Nintendo DS, the Nintendo DSi, is region-locked, but only in terms of its downloadable games. Physical DS game carts will play on it regardless of region of origin (DSi-only and even DSi-enhanced games are region-locked though).
According to the game's serial number though, I think it falls in the last category...DSi enhanced...even if it doesn't actually have any DSi exclusive features. The Sonic Collection for the DS had the same problem and was region locked.

I don't think I'd be eager enough to play a version I couldn't understand, even with an online guide of some sort. Plus, you'd have to restart a new file once you got your hands on an NTSC copy.

If that doesn't apply to you, then best wishes.

Edit: Yusuf, BW have the DSi-enhanced barcode label, meaning something about them is enhanced by the DSi, would should, if not will, make thenm region-locked.

Article itself says "though". I don't. :V.

I don't think I'd be eager enough to play a version I couldn't understand, even with an online guide of some sort. Plus, you'd have to restart a new file once you got your hands on an NTSC copy.

If that doesn't apply to you, then best wishes.

This. Although I might know basic Japanese by then....

According to the game's serial number though, I think it falls in the last category...DSi enhanced...even if it doesn't actually have any DSi exclusive features. The Sonic Collection for the DS had the same problem and was region locked.

Wouldn't it only be region locked on the DSi, and not on the DS Phat/Lite?

I'm tempted to get the Japanese versions, But I'll just take the long wait. I can't enjoy a game I can't understand >_<

I will probably order likely 1 or 2 months after release if i have the money by then.

Also, here is a tip if you are using play-asia: Preorder as soon as you can. The preorder list at play asia will fill up FAST!!

And about the region lock, DSI enhanced games are only region locked on DSI/XL (since an image of a locked game said that it only works with blah region dsi units).
The DS uses the same firmware for each region (you can change the language.)

Plus, you'd have to restart a new file once you got your hands on an NTSC copy.

Why? They're two separate carts.

I wish to buy the JPN version however Amazon.JPN doesn't sell games outside of Japan. I know no one in Japan to receive the package and mail it to me, and I own neither a debit, credit card, nor Pay Pal (Play-Asia).

Why? They're two separate carts.
You'd have your adventure on the JPN Cart and then you'd have your ENG Cart. You would have to restart/redo your adventure on the English cart. All the decisions you made would need to be done over again. You would have to capture the same Pokemon and do the same quests. Basically, your progess resets back to 0, unless you want to continue using the JPN Cart.

I only want to do things once. The fact that Pokemon carts only have one file that you save on makes it a very personal experience. That cart is my game, my journey. Experiencing it the second time isn't as fun because its still the same game. Nothing is going to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom