• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Characters

Do you think Cheren is male or male?

• Total voters

Shiny Noctowl

Go! PikaBot!
Reaction score
Use this thread to discuss the new characters.

EDIT: Ignore the poll; I made it when only Cheren's face had been revealed. Now it's obvious that Cheren is male.

Last edited:
Re: Cheren

Did we really need a whole thread for this?

It's a dude. Feel free to place your bets.

I think it's a female and it could be a rivla...or possibly someone from the "evil team."

Hoping another rival that isn't your opposite gender.

Cheren's eyes and face-shape appear to be more feminine. Reminds me of Nanao and Lisa from Bleach.

As for her role...rival I guess.

Cheren's eyes and face-shape appear to be more feminine. Reminds me of Nanao and Lisa from Bleach.

As for her role...rival I guess.
A lot of people thought Buck was female (a tomboy) for some reason, despite the fact that all the male back sprites had the same pose in DPPt.

I hope it's a dude.

I think it's a guy. Actually, like Takoto, I hope it's a guy. That just doesn't look like a girl to me.

I don't think a dude would wear glasses of that shape...

Not everyone cares about gender roles and masculinity/femininity.

I thought he was male but now I'm neutral. He seems male though.

I don't think a dude would wear glasses of that shape...

If I was a guy I would.
And I know plenty of dudes who wear that style of glasses.
.__.

Though they are very feminine... maybe their gender will be ambiguous... heheh.

I'm getting a feeling that Cheren's a girl. Those eyes just make me think that. Also, I can see why people would think Cheren's a guy, but I think that's just either some tomboyish attitude Cheren's displaying or just some all-around seriousness. Hope this makes sense. :sweatlol:

Cheren looks like a girl to me. The hair and eyes seem more feminine.

Maybe someone from the evil team...?

I think it "has" to be a girl because otherwise that's the creepiest looking male I've ever seen.

I thought it was a guy when it was in motion, but the stillshot changed my mind, looking at close looks like a girl to me.

OH MY GOD WHAT THE HELL. I always thought Bugsy was a girl. Girls can like bugs too.

Back
Top Bottom