• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions, Simple (Or Not) Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, the second one will last longer while the first will probably hit them before they hit you, your best bet is to test them out in a battle.

1. You have it backwards. The second one is the speedy one, and the first one is the Wall-ish one.

2. I've already come to that conclusion myself. The reason I'm asking for opinions here instead of just playtesting them myself is because honestly, raising a Togepi to a Togetic is a pain in the ass in and of itself, so I'd rather only do it once. Plus, I only have two Shiny Stones in my SS inventory, and I'd like to get a Roserade at some point down the line.

1. You have it backwards. The second one is the speedy one, and the first one is the Wall-ish one.

2. I've already come to that conclusion myself. The reason I'm asking for opinions here instead of just playtesting them myself is because honestly, raising a Togepi to a Togetic is a pain in the ass in and of itself, so I'd rather only do it once. Plus, I only have two Shiny Stones in my SS inventory, and I'd like to get a Roserade at some point down the line.

Then the second one since it's best stats are boosted here and lets it take in Physical attacks because of the defence. It's HP is mediocre anyway so we can leave it.

Is this a good movepool for my new starmie?
Hydro Pump
Rain Dance
Thunder
Psychic
2 STAB moves & rain dance works well so.....

Anyone have tips for catching Relicanth? I am trying to get one in Ruby so I can unlock the Regis, but when I manage to find one I can't seem to catch it. Last time I used 15 Ultra Balls, a Great Ball, a Dive Ball and a Timer Ball (in that order) and it broke free of all of them. Level 30. Why is Relicanth so hard to catch and what can I do to make it easier?

Anyone have tips for catching Relicanth? I am trying to get one in Ruby so I can unlock the Regis, but when I manage to find one I can't seem to catch it. Last time I used 15 Ultra Balls, a Great Ball, a Dive Ball and a Timer Ball (in that order) and it broke free of all of them. Level 30. Why is Relicanth so hard to catch and what can I do to make it easier?

There isn't any new tips for capturing
With a catch rate of 25, it is pretty low for a non-legendary
Just follow the golden rule: Sleep plus False Swip, then start chucking balls(preferably Dive Balls or Timer Balls if after a lot of rounds)

There isn't any new tips for capturing
With a catch rate of 25, it is pretty low for a non-legendary
Just follow the golden rule: Sleep plus False Swip, then start chucking balls(preferably Dive Balls or Timer Balls if after a lot of rounds)

definitely sleep & false swipe ftw dude - breloom is the man who can! (Spore is an awesome sleep move!)

If I evolve my Pikachu into a Raichu, and take it to the move relearner, it won't have Pikachu's previous moves anymore, correct?

If I evolve my Pikachu into a Raichu, and take it to the move relearner, it won't have Pikachu's previous moves anymore, correct?

Correct, the move re learner will have Raichu moveset instead but the moves you had before as Pikachu would be on the Raichu, like if it had Light Screen or Dig. But the MR can only teach it ThunderShock, Tail Whip, Quick Attack and ThunderBolt

Last edited:
Is this a good movepool for my new starmie?
Hydro Pump
Rain Dance
Thunder
Psychic
2 STAB moves & rain dance works well so.....

I'm a huge Starmie fan, it's almost always one of the first things I actually raise (i.e. EV, Nature, IV train) when I get through a game, because he can beat the first Tower Tycoon on it's own. I typically run this set.

EV: 4HP, 252 Sp. Att., 252 Spd.
Nature: Timid or Modest, Ability Natural Cure
Attacks:
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Recover/ Psychic/ Grass Knot/ Rapid Spin

Surf for heavy STAB damage and more accuracy than Hydro Pump, Thunderbolt/ Ice Beam hits everything in the game for neutral damage with the exception of Laturn. The last move is up to you. If you run a Life Orb on it, Recover is nice, Grass Knot gives you awesome coverage and hits Milotic and few others a little harder than Thunderbolt. Psychic is nice second STAB move, but it isn't really needed, but nice on a Choice Scarf/ Specs set. Rapid Spin can be handy too, but again isn't really necessary.

This is a fairly standard set, but it's one of my favorite for Starmie. Your move pool isn't bad, but it takes a turn to set up Rain Dance, and Hydro Pump has shaky accuracy, and Thunder's is too if Rain Dance isn't up. If you're going to use in the Battle Frontier or competitively Starmie can easily be OHKO'ed so spending the time to set up Rain Dance is not always a good thing. If you're not using for Battle Frontier or competitively then your set will definitely get you through whatever game you're playing.

Last edited:
I'm a huge Starmie fan, it's almost always one of the first things I actually raise (i.e. EV, Nature, IV train) when I get through a game, because he can beat the first Tower Tycoon on it's own. I typically run this set.

EV: 4HP, 252 Sp. Att., 252 Spd.
Nature: Timid or Modest, Ability Natural Cure
Attacks:
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Recover/ Psychic/ Grass Knot/ Rapid Spin

Surf for heavy STAB damage and more accuracy than Hydro Pump, Thunderbolt/ Ice Beam hits everything in the game for neutral damage with the exception of Laturn. The last move is up to you. If you run a Life Orb on it, Recover is nice, Grass Knot gives you awesome coverage and hits Milotic and few others a little harder than Thunderbolt. Psychic is nice second STAB move, but it isn't really needed, but nice on a Choice Scarf/ Specs set. Rapid Spin can be handy too, but again isn't really necessary.

And Magnezone, and Lanturn only if it has Volt Absorb, and not everyone in Battle Frontier have that.

The set you use here is the most used I think, but EonMaster's is superior on one kind of team; Gravity teams, but then I would replace Rain Dance whit Blizzard.

Online Gaming Questions (Battle Revolution)

1.- General question, what is the most common tier system besides smogon? (I just don't think Garchomp is that "uber")

2.- Anyone knows which parameters PBR has for considering a pokemon hacked? (I think it turns them into bad eggs), You know, cuz movesets sometimes change according to some events (Surfing Pikachu, Wish Blissey, Draco Meteor Jirachi, etc.) and are still illegal, but idk, wondertomb is supposed to turn into bad egg.

3.- How can I know if my online opponent has hacked pokemon aside from shinies (I have met at least two opponents with half their team of shinies, I assume they are hacked since non-legendary shinies are not that common IMO)

(Moved??? oh well... now I will never have answers...)

Last edited:
Re: Online Gaming Questions (Battle Revolution)

3.- How can I know if my online opponent has hacked pokemon aside from shinies (I have met at least two opponents with half their team of shinies, I assume they are hacked since non-legendary shinies are not that common IMO)

(Moved??? oh well... now I will never have answers...)

Non-legendary pokemon that can breed are often bred to be shiny using Random Number Generator abuse (RNGing). If you look at the trade section of these forums, you'll see a lot of shiny pokemon being created within the game's unaltered code. It's more common than you think. :)
You can check their pokemons' moves against the list of moves they can actually learn, and if you notice an ability show up that it isn't supposed to have, it's obviously hacked, but other than that, I don't think there's a way.

My question: I'm making a Lanturn for the Battle Hall, with Surf, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, and an other move. Anyone have good ideas for that other move? Edit: I think I answered my own question; Confuse Ray, to take out Shedinja. Also, would this be an appropriate situation for a choice item?
Any other suggestions for Battle Hall pokemon?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Secret ID Calculations

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this thread, still don't quite know my way around yet.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone knows the math formulas behind finding a SID via a pokemon's IVs. For a regular shiny, I can get it, but my issue here is with Chained Shinies.

Using RNG reporter on my 3 chained shiny pokemon, it tells me that it can narrow down the possible SIDs to 4; but doesn't want to tell me which 4 they are. I don't tend to have the best luck when it comes to chaining, and that plus my curiosity lead me to wonder if anyone could explain the math behind this process to me so I can calculate these 4 SIDs myself. Partially because I like knowing these sorts of mechanics, but mostly because I think it'd probably be faster and easier to just check them all manually and see which one works.

did you understand?
It is events where normal Pokemon have Wish in their movesets. You go to certain places for them.

Okay how in the world does Blissey learn Wish?

You could get a Chansey egg -which upon hatching knew Wish- randomly from special download machines at the Pokémon Center in NY (long before it became just the Nintendo World Store) for your Ruby, Sapphire and FireRed/LeafGreen carts. After that, the event was never held again so many of the Wish Blissey you can see in online trading forums are just hacked to have the move; many Generation III event Pokémon are scarce and rare to find in a 'legit' way.

Last edited:
Ok idk if this question has already been asked but im not looking threw 500 pages to find it. Does anyone know the purpose of the little girl in the old Chateau in DPPT? When in the upper hall where you find rotom if you go to the second to last room when you enter the game stops and you see a girl leave the room to your right. WHAT IS WITH THAT GIRL WHO IS SHE AND WHY IS SHE THERE OR EVEN IN THE GAME FOR? Sry that has bugged me for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom