• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions, Simple (Or Not) Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Secret ID Calculations

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this thread, still don't quite know my way around yet.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone knows the math formulas behind finding a SID via a pokemon's IVs. For a regular shiny, I can get it, but my issue here is with Chained Shinies.

Using RNG reporter on my 3 chained shiny pokemon, it tells me that it can narrow down the possible SIDs to 4; but doesn't want to tell me which 4 they are. I don't tend to have the best luck when it comes to chaining, and that plus my curiosity lead me to wonder if anyone could explain the math behind this process to me so I can calculate these 4 SIDs myself. Partially because I like knowing these sorts of mechanics, but mostly because I think it'd probably be faster and easier to just check them all manually and see which one works.

i suck at chaining too but in HGSS you can use the shiny red gyarados stats in the same way as a chained shiny on the calculator apparently (just capture / note stats / soft reset / repeat)

EDIT (not sure if this helps after ready your Q again...)

Last edited:
Ok idk if this question has already been asked but im not looking threw 500 pages to find it. Does anyone know the purpose of the little girl in the old Chateau in DPPT? When in the upper hall where you find rotom if you go to the second to last room when you enter the game stops and you see a girl leave the room to your right. WHAT IS WITH THAT GIRL WHO IS SHE AND WHY IS SHE THERE OR EVEN IN THE GAME FOR? Sry that has bugged me for a long time.
She is a "real" ghost, you know, when some people say they freaked out after seeing the ghosts in Old Chateau, they were not talking about ghost Pokemon...

Oh i just wished she had a real purpose ty for answering my question. (They should have made her look more like a ghost if thats what she is meant to be)

RioTDoll said:
I'm making a Lanturn for the Battle Hall, with Surf, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, and an other move. Anyone have good ideas for that other move? Edit: I think I answered my own question; Confuse Ray, to take out Shedinja. Also, would this be an appropriate situation for a choice item?
Any other suggestions for Battle Hall pokemon?
Thanks!

Well, there are a few ways you could go:

Lanturn @ Choice Scarf/Specs
- Hydro Pump/Surf
- Thunder/Thunderbolt
- Blizzard/Ice Beam
- Signal Beam/Hyper Beam (good in the Battle Hall, with there only being one Pokemon per person)

OR

Lanturn @ Brightpowder
- Confuse Ray
- Toxic
- Double Team/Attract
- Surf/Thunderbolt

Or some combination of the two. However, don't use Choice Items unless the entire set is attacking moves. Good luck! ^^

Well, there are a few ways you could go:

Lanturn @ Choice Scarf/Specs
- Hydro Pump/Surf
- Thunder/Thunderbolt
- Blizzard/Ice Beam
- Signal Beam/Hyper Beam (good in the Battle Hall, with there only being one Pokemon per person)

OR

Lanturn @ Brightpowder
- Confuse Ray
- Toxic
- Double Team/Attract
- Surf/Thunderbolt

Or some combination of the two. However, don't use Choice Items unless the entire set is attacking moves. Good luck! ^^

The reason I'm considering a choice item with a set with Confuse Ray is because I need to take out Shedinja, and that's the only move in its moveset that will hit Shedinja, I think. I don't plan to use Confuse Ray for anything else so far. Would Toxic hit Shedinja, because it's a non-damaging move, despite Wonder Guard?

The reason I'm considering a choice item with a set with Confuse Ray is because I need to take out Shedinja, and that's the only move in its moveset that will hit Shedinja, I think. I don't plan to use Confuse Ray for anything else so far. Would Toxic hit Shedinja, because it's a non-damaging move, despite Wonder Guard?

Wonder Guard only activates in response to damaging moves, so a non-damaging move like Toxic, which only inflicts a status ailment, won't be blocked by Wonder Guard. (Though, honestly, unless you have some kind of contingency plan in case Lanturn is your last Pokemon, I'd suggest not using a Choice item for this set.)

Last edited:
Wonder Guard only activates in response to damaging moves, so a non-damaging move like Toxic, which only inflicts a status ailment, won't be blocked by Wonder Guard. (Though, honestly, unless you have some kind of contingency plan in case Lanturn is your last Pokemon, I'd suggest not using a Choice item for this set.)

Battle Hall. Lanturn is my ONLY pokemon, and the opponent has only one pokemon. But thanks!

In the Battle Hall Choice Items are pro, my Scizor and Starmie thinks so as well. But I would use Toxic over Confuse Ray. Or Hail, since you will never miss. And you are only gonna use it against Shedninja

In fact I would made two Lanturns, one whit I-Beam/T-Bolt/Surf/HP Ground (since then you can hit other Lanturns) for use against everything but Ghost and Bug, against them use Toxic/Hail over HP Ground.

I just started using Rayquaza for the first time, and I'm noticing that he can still be hit by attacks during the semi-invulnerable turn of Fly. Does this have something to do with his ability, or is it some kind of glitch?

I just started using Rayquaza for the first time, and I'm noticing that he can still be hit by attacks during the semi-invulnerable turn of Fly. Does this have something to do with his ability, or is it some kind of glitch?

Some moves can hit a foe using Fly such as Sky Uppercut and Twister. Pokémon with the ability No Guard can hit the flying Pokémon regardless of the move that they are using.

Some moves can hit a foe using Fly such as Sky Uppercut and Twister. Pokémon with the ability No Guard can hit the flying Pokémon regardless of the move that they are using.

Ooh right, I forgot about that ability. I was fighting Machoke, so that would make sense. Thanks!

Ok sounds stupid i know but i dont have pokesav or AR so.... What is a secret ID and what is it for?

ty but is there a purpose to knowing your number if you dont have pokesav or AR?? I was just wondering cause i see alot of ppl talking about it.

How many speed EVs would a Lv. 100 Garchomp need to surpass a Lv. 100 Weavile?

It can't unless it's holding a Choice Scarf.

It can if the Weavile have a low speed IV, no speed EV and/or a speed reducing nature, but no one is gonna use a Weavile like that. So you're right.

Thank you. I'll max EV train my Garchomp in Speed anyway, because I'm going to use it at Battle Hall, and I might get lucky with a TERRIBLE Weavile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom