• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea/problem thread

I saw that on dratini's page (dratini(pokemon)) In the chart for egg moves it only has garchomp's evolutionary family, and dratini's evolutionary family listed for Dragon Rush. I've found that Salamence's evolutionary family can also pass dragon rush onto a dratini.

Does Salamence learn Dragon Rush by level? No. Salamence can only have it by breeding. Unless breeding from a Pokémon that only learns it by breeding is the only way to do it, then Pokémon which themselves learn it by breeding are not listed.

Let's say you have a Pikachu that was hacked to have Aromatherapy. Breed that Pikachu with a Clefairy. The Cleffa will have Aromatherapy, even though Pikachu can't legitimately have the move. The egg move list is for fathers who have the move in their level-up learnsets.

The 'Walker entry on Suburban Area ("Suburban_Area_(Pokéwalker_Route)") needs to have a slight tweak, personally. Elekid there is listed as "Very Rare", but it seems to be more along the lines of "Very Common", if not "Extremely Common".

Reasoning for this is that my boyfriend can have the proper amount of steps to get to Elekid, but instead of something like Rattata, Murkrow or Magnetite, which are listed as "Common", popping up with the PokeRadar, it's constantly, and nothing but, Elekid. There have been times that he's yelled swearwords because he's run into yet another Elekid. I don't know about anyone else running into Elekid so often, but it's almost constantly for us.

GOOD IDEA:
Anything on Bulbagarden related to Radio Broadcasts, TV, downloads, and all those things that Bulbagarden does for themselves should be called 'Bulbamedia'! I can see a Bulbasaur with some headphones doin a little Jam :)

BAD IDEA:
Biting off your own finger.

GOOD IDEA:
Anything on Bulbagarden related to Radio Broadcasts, TV, downloads, and all those things that Bulbagarden does for themselves should be called 'Bulbamedia'! I can see a Bulbasaur with some headphones doin a little Jam :)

BAD IDEA:
Biting off your own finger.
This is the Bulbapedia suggestions thread. For suggestions about Bulbagarden as a whole please use the suggestions box.

Someone "corrected" article Pokémon_in_the_Czech_Republic. Two of these "corrections" are incorrect though and I would like to correct them. Thanks to this current ban, I can't do it myself and I don't think they can wait 'till monday.

First, FoxKids in 2004 aired the whole American season 3, which includes not only Johto Journeys but also part of Orange Islands episodes. All in all, FoxKids aired episodes 106-157.
Second, the previous translation of the album Pokémon, Johtovy cesty as Pokémon, Johto's Journeys was correct, because original Czech title implied that Johto is character not region. So, the mistake itself is done in Czech title, not in my previous translation and this "corrected translation" made it incorrect.

I would have appreciate to correct these mistakes as soon as possible. Thanks.

Though if we ever got Bulbacast started back up, that'd be a good idea.

Someone "corrected" article Pokémon_in_the_Czech_Republic. Two of these "corrections" are incorrect though and I would like to correct them. Thanks to this current ban, I can't do it myself and I don't think they can wait 'till monday.

First, FoxKids in 2004 aired the whole American season 3, which includes not only Johto Journeys but also part of Orange Islands episodes. All in all, FoxKids aired episodes 106-157.
Second, the previous translation of the album Pokémon, Johtovy cesty as Pokémon, Johto's Journeys was correct, because original Czech title implied that Johto is character not region. So, the mistake itself is done in Czech title, not in my previous translation and this "corrected translation" made it incorrect.

I would have appreciate to correct these mistakes as soon as possible. Thanks.
I've fixed the second one. I'm not quite sure exactly what to do about the first one, as the American seasons are denoted by the English openings. Each different season has a different opening. If they aired episodes 106-157 then they aired season three and the last eleven episodes of season two based on the American seasons. I'm not sure whether it would be best to say it that way, or just say they aired EP106-EP157.

I've fixed the second one. I'm not quite sure exactly what to do about the first one, as the American seasons are denoted by the English openings. Each different season has a different opening. If they aired episodes 106-157 then they aired season three and the last eleven episodes of season two based on the American seasons. I'm not sure whether it would be best to say it that way, or just say they aired EP106-EP157.
That's not exactly true. Look at Dogasu's backpack. Each American season in the time 4Kids still dubbed Pokémon has exactly 54 episodes. The separate Openings for each season didn't start before season 4 and even there didn't fit exactly, since Master Quest is part of both season 5 and 6.
I know it's quite difficult, so to prevent any confusion as to what FoxKids aired back in 2004, I think it should have been written by episode numbers. That would be clear and prevent any unwanted debate about what are American seasons.

Actually it's 52 (probably a typo), but yeah. Each 4kids and DuArt season so far (SLV may or may not be an exception) is 52 eps long.

Okay, I've changed it to
Cable channel Fox Kids aired season 3 (EP106—EP157) in 2004.

when is bulbapedia offloading some server stress to services like the ones provided by AWS (Amazon Web Services) ~ all the outages and 500's --- lockdowns and inconsistency in service could easily be offloaded to the cloud or some other way...

Though if we ever got Bulbacast started back up, that'd be a good idea.

We'd probably have to call it the Bulbamedia Foundation, however. XD

Also, I'm pretty sure that this thread, although it just says Bulbapedia, is really meant for all the Bulbagarden wikis, which this Bulbamedia Foundation would cover.

when is bulbapedia offloading some server stress to services like the ones provided by AWS (Amazon Web Services) ~ all the outages and 500's --- lockdowns and inconsistency in service could easily be offloaded to the cloud or some other way...

Actually, it's not much server stress as much as it is a glitch in the load balancer caused by something related to Bulbapedia (which we haven't found despite searching the damn thing thoroughly). When we install MediaWiki 1.16.0, we SHOULD be able to have this fixed, but we're waiting for the stable public release to be out. Currently it's on beta 3. So yeah. Tick-tock.

In the article for EP076, it says under "Errors":
In the last segment of the show, where Arcanine and Pikachu are in the battlefield, Arcanine melts the arena, which prompted Ash to instruct his Pikachu to "dive" into the water. Misty provided Ash with the hint that Pikachu should discharge its electricity into the water, shocking Arcanine. Here, Pikachu's final Thunderbolt shocked Arcanine, thus fainting it. However, whilst water does in fact conduct electricity, ice acts as an insulator (ergo, it does not conduct electricity). As Arcanine was standing on ice during the battle, it should not have felt the electrical shock, and so, it should not have fainted. Arcanine's defeat here is slightly misleading from a scientific point of view.

Um, that's wrong. Ice is not an insulator. Ice is a protonic semiconductor, meaning that it uses hydrogen ions (protons) as charge carriers (reference for those of you who don't believe me). So the error section is in error. I'd fix it if I could, but, well, I can't.

I am sure I will probably be stepping on someones toes but earlier in this thread I read about size comparisons, and it being difficult to implement. I do have a solution, although it is not perfect it might work...

http://sites.google.com/site/mmmarriottgame/

Would it do?

Protonic semiconductor. Keep that in mind for when we unlock editing. It won't be too long.

As for the size comparison, the problem there is the problem I stated before: it uses images. I don't exactly want to upload some 2000 images to the Archives (Lucas, Dawn, Ethan, Lyra) just for this. If we could figure out the sizing algorithm they use, then sure, I'm all for it.

In the article for EP076, it says under "Errors":

Um, that's wrong. Ice is not an insulator. Ice is a protonic semiconductor, meaning that it uses hydrogen ions (protons) as charge carriers (reference for those of you who don't believe me). So the error section is in error. I'd fix it if I could, but, well, I can't.
Not to mention the fact that the ice would have been covered in water as Arcanine had melted a lot of it. And air is considered a pretty reasonable insulator as well, and look how that stops Thunderbolts. I've removed it from the page (before TTE posted)

Does Salamence learn Dragon Rush by level? No. Salamence can only have it by breeding. Unless breeding from a Pokémon that only learns it by breeding is the only way to do it, then Pokémon which themselves learn it by breeding are not listed.

Let's say you have a Pikachu that was hacked to have Aromatherapy. Breed that Pikachu with a Clefairy. The Cleffa will have Aromatherapy, even though Pikachu can't legitimately have the move. The egg move list is for fathers who have the move in their level-up learnsets.

Oh, thanks for clearing that up. So does that mean that any pokemon that can learn a specific egg move can learn that move from any other pokemon in it's egg group?

Protonic semiconductor. Keep that in mind for when we unlock editing. It won't be too long.

As for the size comparison, the problem there is the problem I stated before: it uses images. I don't exactly want to upload some 2000 images to the Archives (Lucas, Dawn, Ethan, Lyra) just for this. If we could figure out the sizing algorithm they use, then sure, I'm all for it.

Some of the 'height' values in the Pokedex actually refer to length anyway, so a sizing algorithm would still be problematic for Pokemon like Arbok - and, indeed, Wailord, which seems to be 47 feet long, not 47 feet high.

Oh, thanks for clearing that up. So does that mean that any pokemon that can learn a specific egg move can learn that move from any other pokemon in it's egg group?

As long as the father has the move, regardless of how it was obtained.

The reason we list Pokémon with it in their level-up learnset and evolutions only is because otherwise it'd be too long of a list.

Back
Top Bottom