• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Plot Bunny Zoo

A friend and I are working on a journey fic together. Now, we're trying to, of course, add originality and other such amazing things like character development and foreshadowing that lessens twists (I'm not the type to just let something huge happen without foreshadowing, to me, that makes it seem unbelievable and even in fiction there should be some realism. Unless it's humor). Well, anyway, we're having a couple difficulties with certain choices because we're fine with most of them but some can't go together or we don't want them together.

Well, one of these problems is dates for the other 'games' as we are going for a vaguely game canon time line. I know Kanto and Johto have three years apart but what about Hoenn, Sinnoh, and (later) Isshu? We have chosen for the fanfics timeline to run about sixteen/seventeen years after Hoenn's timeline but I'd like to learn a little about the others since they will eventually go there and I'd like to know how long ago the events from the games transpired there.

Another of our problems is our OCs and, yes, there will more than likely be OCxOC in the story eventually. However, both the two main female charries (twins, actually) like the same boy. And he knows it but we aren't sure who he should like. This might be resolved after we get deeper in the story and figure it out by ourselves but I'm putting both up. And no. The twins aren't going to fight over him.

Boy: Enjoys contests. Is rather blunt. Can understand and read people pretty easily. Close friends with the first twin but has a one-sided rivalry with the second twin--he is the one not to reciprocate the hostile feelings. He loves cute pokemon but doesn't coo over them. Doesn't want to hurt either girls or upset the two sister's friendship.

Twin One: Quieter and more confident in herself than her sister. Her feelings for him stem from their similarities and friendship. While outwardly very sweet and inwardly still a kind person, she fears losing the boy to her sister. Guilt, of course, comes from it and she's the responsible one of the twins. She likes contests but doesn't participate in them because her sister hates them. She also like pokemon she considers cute. She's bad at drastic changes in weather and is slightly germaphobic.

Twin Two: At first, hates the boy for becoming close to her sister and having electric type pokemon (her phobia). After she begins to develop feelings for him, it confuses her and causes her to lash out more. She's in denial quite a bit and runs off multiple times. She is extremely emotional (while trying to hide it) and very insecure. When realizing what she feels for him, she cries and begins to bombard herself with insults because she knows of her sister's feelings. She likes strong pokemon and battling. Strong-willed. Rash. Tries to hide all her insecurities behind a rude and eccentric front.

(Names are not listed because they could change.)

Of course, thoughts might change as the story goes on because they are all going to develop more as the fic continues. Journey fics, to me, are more about the change in characters than the actual journey.

Do you think it's a good idea for them to get generation five pokes early on? One each, from their land traveling aunt. (I know, I know, but that aunt is amazing.) They won't be able to use the pokedex on it because they won't be updated for Isshu region yet and each one adds a certain element to the story.

(Hint. The one twin two gets is electric. She reacts as an irrational, terrified person [which she is] upon finding out.)

I should probably shut up but I have a little more to ask. Game canon characters will show up. I doubt people would be too offended by HoennChampionShipping but who knows. And no. They aren't going to pop up married and lovey-dovey. It'll just be strongly, strongly hinted at. >.> So, do any of you find it offensive?

Also, my friend wants to give her charrie (twin one) more flaws. Any suggestions? She's a harder one to develop for us for some reason.

Myself? Well I am currently writing a story to tie up the dragon trio and Arceus with the Ruins of Alph in Johto. There is also the space/time thing that could help to explore other regions or meet the old characters from the games, but as I said, while the story already has a few chapters, most of the idea is still in development.

I thought about this a while and I need to get permission from Calfab to do this (as the story is based on his RP Legendary Protectors).

Plot:

Cyrus returns from the Distortion World but as a result of his stint there, he has become imbued with a hatred for the Legendaries and wishes to enslave them so he can use them to remake the world in his image. But he is not alone; through diplomacy and outright threats, he has recruited Team Rocket, Team Magma and Team Aqua.

As one by one, the Legends fall, the two lone Legends (Groudon and ???) turn to pure-hearted pokémon trainers for assistance in stopping this threat and freeing the other Legends.

Problems:

I also want to incorporate the PMD world as well and have the heroes and villains travel and fight through it.

The biggest issue: I want to retain some of the "cracky" humor in Life of the Legendaries but I need it to be "secondary" if you will.

----------------------------------

Or I can simply work this into my crack fic.

Hey, dude, could you make a few more chapters for Life of the Legendaries? There's nothing like a good crackfic, man, especially one with explosions, if you add the plot bunny you just made (ie; Legendaries vs. Evil guys). Just do it.

When I reading on bulbapedia about the villanous teams, aqua and magma. As known, their leaders are archie and maxie. But, I was wondering something. What made them to go so far as to destory mother nature? The game never explains, so I decided to right a story about their pasts. Both stories are one shot. Is this a good idea, Si or no?

When I reading on bulbapedia about the villanous teams, aqua and magma. As known, their leaders are archie and maxie. But, I was wondering something. What made them to go so far as to destory mother nature? The game never explains, so I decided to right a story about their pasts. Both stories are one shot. Is this a good idea, Si or no?

I wouldn't say they go so far as to destroy Mother Nature, their ultimate goal is to make things better, as misguided as they are.

But this could be a good idea if you write it well. It'll be terrible if you write it poorly though.

Some things about a Pokemon fanfiction's setting.

the actual Pokemon games and franchise in general are regarded as an idealistic slice-of-life simulation of the real world- a place where the trainer's journey is an infeasable dream, Pokemon are an active part of war and daily life, and yet they live alongside humans and normal animals alike. Pokemon evolved (in the scientific sense) in another world alongside a subset of humans that introduced them to Earth, which is why there's references to the real world (Parasects used in Chinese medicine, Gastlies toppling elephants over, the Earth animals that they're compared to).

Also in that world, gjinkas have an empire ruled over by clans of legendary Pokemon and headed by the Arceus clan, who came to power by claiming divine right.

You know who doesn't get a lot of love? The game developers.

I want to write a story about the hardships and tribulations of the person who invented the Pokeball.

You know who doesn't get a lot of love? The game developers.

I want to write a story about the hardships and tribulations of the person who invented the Pokeball.

Ha, that'd be pretty interesting.

Don't forget everything about Apricorns. I remember reading somewhere or other that Apricorns were once used to capture Pokemon :|

I have no idea how a fruity, berry kind of thing could be used to capture a creature but that is what was alleged. I like to imagine that Apricorns are very genetically similar to Pokemon and that is why they can be used to control them.

Don't forget everything about Apricorns. I remember reading somewhere or other that Apricorns were once used to capture Pokemon :|

I have no idea how a fruity, berry kind of thing could be used to capture a creature but that is what was alleged. I like to imagine that Apricorns are very genetically similar to Pokemon and that is why they can be used to control them.

Alright, I'll use the apricorns as a history thing.

I have a plan for a two-in-one fanfic that is comprised of two oneshots linked very vaugely. The first one will be about Cynthia's life, and has homages to the early lives of Hitler and the reign of Stalin, and will be very dark (an homage to Roots, one of my favorite fanfics, will include Cynthia x Garchomp shipping, but will be much less romantic...).
The other one will be a horror-based crackfic that surrounds the characters of Black and White (Cheren, Beru, the male player character, and N) being trapped in a strange hotel, and will contain multiple homages to Kubrick's 'The Shining'.
What do you think?

Ha, that'd be pretty interesting.

I had this idea once that there would have been many people like Kurt, craftsman trained in fashioning Apricorns into balls for Pokemon capture. But then an inventor managed to synthesize the capture balls, and a major corporation mass-produced Poke Balls and drove pretty much all of the ballmakers out of business, except for Kurt.

I had this idea once that there would have been many people like Kurt, craftsman trained in fashioning Apricorns into balls for Pokemon capture. But then an inventor managed to synthesize the capture balls, and a major corporation mass-produced Poke Balls and drove pretty much all of the ballmakers out of business, except for Kurt.

I could incorporate that. But I want to concentrate on Generation 2021 first.

The original idea was to write a story about the development of the game itself, but I decided that that would be too much work, getting detailed interviews from the actual developers and stuff. Not to mention all the tangling I'd get into for licensing.

So...I was sitting in bed just now, and I had the most random idea for a fic...Essentially, it's Twilight, but set in a the Pokemon World. And all of Edwards Pokemon are shiny. You know, so they sparkle.

>_< God damn it. I'll sure as hell never write it, but there it is for any Twitards to do with it what they will.

>_< God damn it. I'll sure as hell never write it, but there it is for any Twitards to do with it what they will.

I'll bet you what Barry would fine Lucas for missing his birthday party that this fic already exists in some form or another.

By the way, if anybody wants to do Team Gregate (basically, the equivalent of Magna and Aqua except with Rayquaza), just ask, since I'm starting something up with it already.

I have a question- does anyone know where I can write a story thats mainly about SpecialShipping???

Here's one that's been hopping around for the past week or so:

An OT story (probably my Sinnoh arc of Generation, once I get to it) in the world where shiny Pokemon are seen as freaks or misfits. A newly aspiring trainer adopts one from the daycare that was left behind by a trainer who "didn't want a mutant like that".

Last edited:
^^
Shinies=Misfits? I wonder what kind of retards don't see the epic IV's those things have......

Also, I've got a really weird plot bunny going in my head where, to follow up the events of Kayi Rowling's Kisses, something really weird happens where Silver not only winds up being a girl, but slashes Gold apart and eats him with Crystal, and talks about her freaky childhood, which makes fun of Hannibal Lector. And then Giovanni pops up with some awkward Yiddish accent and gets turned into a pie. It was to be a oneshot, and be called "Fava Beans".

Is there something wrong with my head?

Last edited:
^^
Shinies=Misfits? I wonder what kind of retards don't see the epic IV's those things have......

In Gen.3 and Gen.4, shininess has nothing to do with IV's. It offers no competitive advantage whatsoever.

Also, IV's are meaningless in the Fic-verse.

You know what needs a good story? Artificial pokemon. I mean, how can they create pokemon?!
Or maybe the ???-type.
I also have this idea where a rotom manages to hack into the PC system, turning all PC'd mons into it's minions. I think I'll use that one, actually.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom