• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Worst starter?

Which starter is the worst?

• Total voters
I have to agree - Piplup.
In the anime, it's annoying. In the games, it's useless.

Any particular reason for Mijumaru being in bold? :p

I've never been a particular fan of Treecko, for some reason. It just doesn't appeal to me... and I have absolutely no idea why.

But, sure, Treecko.

Piplup. I had high hopes for that guy. He is so pathetic in the games and annoying and obnoxious in the anime.

You take that back!

mijumaru.png

How can you possibly like that thing?

Chikorita (though I have chosen and used it several times, and that is why I can state this): not very useful in game through HGSS (or original games), not exceptional at anything, worst looking starter to me (it and its evos are pretty darn ugly), there are plenty of better grass Pokémon. I don't HATE this Pokemon.. but its my least favourite starter.

I see you put Mijumaru in bold.. I love the little guy from the moment I saw the new starters. I think Mijumaru is extremely cute and I love water types. I'll definitely pick him for my next starter.

Chimchar. It's fugly and has fire coming out of it's butt. And it's pathetic, IMO. 'Nuff said.

Edit: I forgot to put that the Chimchar line is a Torchic line expy...

And gosh, Piplup is AMAZING! :p

Chimchar, I dislike it and it's evolutions because they are based off of monkeys. I don't like monkeys.

Poor Mijumaru gets so much hate, I don't see why people hate it so much it's cute. :O<

Competitive-wise; Charizard obviously takes the cake.

Design-wise; I hate Infernape and Swampert. I love them Mudkipz and Marshtompz and Chimchar is not that bad.

Chicorita, I found Spinarak and Paras to be more useful, and they're worse than Bidoof, so yeah. Although Pikachu pretty much sucks in Yellow, but in all other games it is not bad at all.
All the other starters can actually do something during the storyline, Charmander and Pikachu have some trouble in the start of the game, but they become useful later, save for Pikachu in Yellow, why can't I evolve it? In the later games I can give it a Light Ball and be kick ass, held items don't exist in Yellow.
I did not use Chikorita in any gyms, not as my main battler anyway, it was backup/just there.

Turtwig is be the most epic, but I hate it evos, I have a level 70-ish Turtwig just cuz.

Any particular reason for Mijumaru being in bold? :p

I've never been a particular fan of Treecko, for some reason. It just doesn't appeal to me... and I have absolutely no idea why.

But, sure, Treecko.

Treecko is awesome!:nono: Chikorita is the worst though.

I like Piplup. D: Mostly because Empoleon is raw, but still. My least favorite is Mijumiru by a mile. Chimchar is second.

Piplup, mostly because of the anime. I really hate Dawn's Piplup, it's very annoying because it simply stole the whole show >_> I still like its evos...

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom