• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Music Background music of the show

I really hope they have the Persian battle music from Go West Young Mouth on this. Been looking for that track for years...

I know what you're talking about, and that one's Track 11, 嵐の海を, "The Stormy Sea", from the Japanese Mewtwo movie soundtrack. (Not the English soundtrack, because there's a CD with the English musical score for that movie.)

EDIT2: Darn it, how did I miss what Kazamatsuri said?

EDIT: You know, I hope this CD set contains all the title and eyecatch music. Huh? Huuuuuh? Really... we haven't had that...

Last edited:
So what hasn't been released from Kanto so far?

Off the top of my head,

- Title screen music
- Eyecatch music
- Next episode preview music
- The music that played during the Lizardon and Boober battle.

Anything else?

Kanto

I remember that long ago I watched the first 5 eps in Japanese and I REALLY liked the preview music
So I agree it should be there
You'd think with something like Pokémon, they'd already do a big release with all BGMs ever... but I guess it won't happen

I do expect at least some of the already released BGMs to be in this one too... it's called "best of 1997-2010" - you think they won't have that RGB opening theme? which is one of my favorites... and I think is very known for Pokémon fans

Do we have a full list of BGMs that were never released at all? it'd be nice if someone has a list... I wonder how much still needs to get released
As someone said, I hope all BGM versions they made of Kimi no Soba de will be here too
Too bad it's impossible for me to order it

Only 1 disc? Kinda surprising.... though I imagine it'll be packed to the limit. I've got the original Pocket Monsters Sound Anime Collection, and it's quite packed. Hopefully this upcoming CD will make a good addition.

EDIT: ah, 2 discs, apparently. I misread.

A couple of pieces I can think of at the moment from Kanto:

-RBY Gym theme
-Orchestrated version of "A Brutal Pokemon Arrives" from the Sound Anime Collection
Both can be heard here.
-Calm piece that plays at the beginning of some episodes like "The Kangaskhan Kid"
-Orchestrated version of Route 24 (Not the SAC and Genkii Ippai version)
-Piece when Ash captures Squirtle. Heard here.

Last edited:
That's cool, Pokemon always did have some good music. That Shinji Miyazaki is a great composer.

Talking about BGMs, I wish 4Kids would have released some of their BGM music on CD or something. I know most of their tracks are kinda short but it'd still be cool to listen too.

Well I hope this soundtrack has many unreleased BGMs. What I hope most is anime version of "Spotted! Karate King!" :p.

Off the top of my head,

- Title screen music
- Eyecatch music

Anything else?

-RBY Gym theme
Both can be heard here.

This. Just this. The piece that plays when Charmeleon evolves into Charizard is among the most anticipated pieces to be released from Kanto, even more anticipated than the Charizard/Magmar battle music. I will be incredibly disappointed if it is not on this CD. However, is it really called the RBY Gym theme?

Talking about BGMs, I wish 4Kids would have released some of their BGM music on CD or something. I know most of their tracks are kinda short but it'd still be cool to listen too.
Yeah, I wish 4Kids would release a CD like that, too.

I love all the BGM tracks from the first episode (they've used those same tracks in many other episodes). It'd be awesome to have those tracks!! =D

Hmm. Do you think we could somehow get all the 4Kids BGM tracks? Maybe we should try contacting Manny Corallo or 4Kids about this. It wouldn't hurt to try, right? ^^

They should AT LEAST include ALL the BGM from the DP series - everything they took from the games (like the music of... I think Route 202) and everything the anime made up (like the various BGM versions of Dawn's theme)

Is there a list anywhere of ALL the Pokémon anime BGM, and which of them was released and which not? I tried to search for something like this on Bulbapedia but didn't find anything

Like I said, my biggest wish for this CD to include is Kanto Champion Battle music, which can be heard here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Zpi0tOQ5JI

I've loved it since I was a kid, and was very sad to find out it's never released. >(

As for DP music, I'd really like the Eternal Forest theme - The anime version is so beautiful.

If the champion battle themes, the RBY Gym theme and Route 27 are released, I die a very, very happy woman. :D And the RSE Victory Road theme, which has only been used in the anime a few times, but really is amazing. If there aren't too many re-released tracks, I'll definitely try and buy this. Can't wait for September ~

Where you can order this? O__o [I don`t see it anywhere expect Japan`s Aamazon] I want to order it. Now.

I`m so so happy now. Those guys are good at mind reading. Seriously. Because I actually dreamed about Pokémon BGM boxset not so many days ago. And now it`s true! XD
And the price is cheap, yay!
Let`s just hope they are unrealased BGMs...

-RBY Gym theme
-Orchestrated version of "A Brutal Pokemon Arrives" from the Sound Anime Collection
Both can be heard here.
-Calm piece that plays at the beginning of some episodes like "The Kangaskhan Kid"
-Orchestrated version of Route 24 (Not the SAC and Genkii Ippai version)
-Piece when Ash captures Squirtle. Heard here.
Yes, there's those unreleased tracks.

And I just remembered another one from Kanto.

It's the song from Diglett's Cave! I heard it when I rewatched, "The Mystery Menace", from Orange Islands! It plays near the beginning, when they walk through the tunnel and into the sewer. =D

I was like, "OMG, I didn't know they made an anime version of this!!". XD

Last edited:
Nah, I doubt there's a list...

I mean, the Pokemon anime has A LOT of background music. And most of the BGM is unreleased, so we don't even know the names of most tracks. o.o

I think I won`t pre-order it before I know which tracks are included. I mean, if they are some that are already realased and this is just like some "Best Selection" CD, I think I will not buy it.
Let`s see~
When the track lists usually come out? ^^

Nah, I doubt there's a list...

I mean, the Pokemon anime has A LOT of background music. And most of the BGM is unreleased, so we don't even know the names of most tracks. o.o

Well, I think we should try to make a list then... even if a lot don't have name, we can either make up a name or just describe it like "the BGM from Chari VS Magmar" for example, or if it's from the games use the game name like "Route 202 BGM"
I think it'd be really nice to make a list and it'd be a nice thing to put up on Bulbapedia - something more special that you can't find in every second site (seriously a lot sites are almost identical to others: the same news, the same Pokédex, same "episode guide" and all these stuff...)

Off the top of my head,

- Title screen music
- Eyecatch music

Anything else?

I honestly think there are several pieces of background music from Kanto that haven't been released. (I have that Sound Anime Collection CD and the Japanese Mewtwo movie soundrack CD, so I know these pieces aren't from there. All the Genki Ippai Kanto music is on Sound Anime Collection (unless it's slightly remixed). I'll list at least some of them later.

EDIT:

Track 01- "Ash Captures Squirtle" (it was already mentioned, but I'll put it up)
-"Ash Catches a Pokemon"- played at end of episode (I'm pretty sure it played in the dub)
-"Showdown in Pewter City"- played near end when Misty was chasing Ash
-"Here Comes the Squirtle Squad"- played at end when... Ash "captured" Squirtle

Track 02 (That's what I'm calling them)- some calm music
-"Pikachu's Goodbye"- played before and after title music (and during it in the Jpn version)
-played in "The Wacky Watcher"
-played in JPN version of "Pokestock, Block, and Berry" (I think the first non-title music played

To be continued...

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom