• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Music Background music of the show

OMG! I had no idea this song was released! O.O

Thank you for posting and informing me about this.

I love this song!! It's one of my favorite BGM tracks. And it's been played in the dub version a lot. In fact, that's why I love it, because the dub has played this song often, and it's so beautiful. <3

Okay, now I just need to get an MP3 of it, so I can put it on my music player. ^_^

No problem. :) I had quite a shock too when I came across the Japanese First Movie soundtrack yesterday and found it. It's one of my favourites too! ^_^

And yes, as Kazamatsuri says above, the Champion theme is most notably used in the Pikachu VS Magmar battle, from when Blaine summons Magmar until the To Be Continued eyecatch appears. It's a really intense song, and I believe it's also fittingly used during Ash vs Gary in the Silver Conference when Charizard and Blastoise go head to head. I also remember it being used in the Bridge Bike Gang too.

Kazamatsuri, do you mind if I use the info you posted? I'm going to try to make a list of all the unreleased music in the anime.

Last edited:
Go right ahead.

Thanks! Although, I really doubt I'll be able to make a complete list of all the unreleased music... Eh. Still, it's worth trying. If Lord_Mewtwo can make a full "How much music is kept" comparison list, this can be done too, right?

Last edited:
I hope being a "best of" CD that, when it comes to Kanto especially, they don't just select music already on a CD. But I can't help but think, "Well if they think those unreleased Kanto pieces are some of the best, why didn't they release them before?" =/

But since I know there's music that I don't have, I plan on getting this CD... But first... Zoroark CD...

Have they ever release the anime version of RBY/FRLG champion theme?

As of now, no...

a bit OT but whatever

Anyone know what the 'sad' song that plays at the end of (finishes the episode off) "Charizard's Burning Ambition" is called and whether it is released?

^ That's another one of the unreleased pieces.

(Will that make it onto the CD? Time will tell...)

Awesome that they're releasing some new BGM. A few tracks I'd like to see:

Team Rocket Sinnoh Theme
Sinnoh Wild Pokemon Battle Theme
Sinnoh Gym Leader Theme (The actual version, not the Rise of Darkrai version)
HG-SS Champion theme
R/B/Y Champion theme
Route 202 Theme (Sinnoh)
Route 208 Theme (Sinnoh)
Dawn's Theme (The Battle Version)

This peace when Squirtle leaves:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLtPr7GMQSk (starting at 0:28)

This piece played at the end of Battle Finale of Legend after everything with Team Galactic was resolved. I really liked that one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqa8OYiTYfM - starting at around 8:30)

As well as this piece: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ev5J4ggh1w&feature=related (from the beginning to 0:35 or so)

That's all I can think of off the top of my head

The "Battle Finale of Legend" one is unreleased music from the 5th movie, and the piece with the clip from Brandon was from the 8th movie (but I don't know if it was released or not).

Not sure if movie pieces will be on this CD, but who knows...

I'm a few days late to the party (so what else is new?), but I'm really really really thrilled to hear about this CD release. I had a rant on Dogasu's Backpack about this nearly ten years ago: http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/rants/ed_music.html and I'm still of the same mind. All it's been over the years are just a bunch of vocal CDs and quasi-complete movie soundtracks, but precious little that was composed specifically for the TV anime has seen the light of day on CD. I'm getting the same chills as I did back when the DragonBall Z BGM Collection was announced (which could be a bad thing, since said Collection was nowhere near complete). 88 tracks is hardly even a fraction of the complete Pocket Monsters score (there has to be at least a thousand pieces total), but who knows? They could be suites, where several pieces are recorded on each track. I'm not too fond of that method, but it would certainly be preferable to a mere 88 pieces.

Some of the pieces I want most are:

The alternate of the Sound Anime Collection's "Red-Hot Battlefield"
The Gen. I Champion Battle music
The Mt. Moon piano theme
The Gen. I Victory Road theme
The Rt. 27 theme (this is AMAZING in the anime)
A much better treatment of the respective scores for movies 2 and 3. There's so much incredible stuff from these two films, and they just got the shaft CD-wise.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Do we have a full list of BGMs that were never released at all? it'd be nice if someone has a list... I wonder how much still needs to get released

I haven't come anywhere near finishing yet, and I was saving this for when I did, but... http://kenisu.webs.com/pokemonbgm.htm
Keep in mind it's VERY choppy, and I've only gotten to almost the end of the Orange Islands, with a couple of Johto episodes thrown in just because I felt like it at the time. Toward the end I decided to try a different method for making the charts (which I'm going to scrap for the older method when I pick this project back up), so click and highlight to read the last few charts.

Have they released the music that plays during the flashback in the Japanese version of 'Gotta catch ya later' on CD yet?.If they have, what's it called?

Have they released the music that plays during the flashback in the Japanese version of 'Gotta catch ya later' on CD yet?.If they have, what's it called?

I'm afraid not. It's from movie 2, when Kasumi revives Satoshi and he staggers up the steps to deliver the final treasure (I refer to it on my site as "The Final Stretch"). Like I said, there's a whole crapton of fantastic BGM from that movie that haven't gotten a CD release.

I don't remember hearing it in the movie, was it replaced in the dub?

I would die happy if they released the track that plays when Satoshi is crossing the icy sea with his Pokémon, and later Rocket-dan. I was so disappointed when I found out there was probably 3 tracks on the soundtrack that actually were in the movie. -_-

Adding onto what kenisu3000 said, even the flute tune got changed. :-| (Not that I didn't like the newer version... I was just saying...)

88 tracks is hardly even a fraction of the complete Pocket Monsters score (there has to be at least a thousand pieces total), but who knows?

I don't think that even with the movies there's even close to that many pieces.

They could be suites, where several pieces are recorded on each track. I'm not too fond of that method, but it would certainly be preferable to a mere 88 pieces.

So that's what they're called... I don't like that method either, but yeah, it's better than less.

But I really doubt they're doing suites since this is supposed to be a "best of" collection, and 88 tracks is a lot for a "best of" to begin with. Not that I think that's too many tracks on the CD, but I doubt they'd to suites for a best of collection with 88 tracks.

And I think (at least almost) everyone in this thread who's looking forward to this CD would prefer that all the BGM was released overtime.

Personally, I wish this was a "Whoops-We-'Forgot'-To-Release-This-Music" album rather than a "best" album, but time will tell what's specifically on this CD...

Last edited:
I wish the movie stuff would be eligible for this set (the soundtrack for the second movie only contained six non-vocal tracks!), but since the title of the set is "TV Animation Pocket Monsters Original Soundtrack Best 1997-2010," I'm not too hopeful.

I wish they'd hurry up and release a track listing so the speculation can begin in full force.

I don't think that even with the movies there's even close to that many pieces.

Well, OK, maybe not a thousand (it's not like I've counted), but I'm guessing somewhere in the vicinity of 600 to 800. You'd be surprised how much is out there, and there's always bound to be a few alternates from the composer that never actually made it into the series. And let's not forget that the Pikachu shorts are absolutely PACKED with original music.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom