• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP conclusion date revealed: Anime series to end in September

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
DP conclusion date revealed: Anime series to end in September

The TV Tokyo website has updated with a conclusion date for the Diamond & Pearl anime series.

Read more on Bulbanews

Wow. Four years flew by just like that. :-/

I can't believe DP is almost over. Well, I don't have any regrets since I enjoyed it nonetheless even despite some fatal errors writers have made, it was enjoyable at the times. Peak of the 'Pocket Monsters' anime if you ask me. :-D

Just as many episodes as AG, too, oddly.

Well, take your bets now. BW ends at BW192.

Even though I started watching the arc for the Final Tournament (because the battles there are intense), I might miss this arc. Well, I guess I will look forward to the new arc, since it looks to be a departure from the Hoenn and Sinnoh.

Just as many episodes as AG, too, oddly.

Not really... if we don't count the undubbed recap eps, which really shouldn't count, it's this way:
AG: 192 - 1 recap = 191
DP: seems like it'd end at either 191 or 192 so two options:
191 - 2 recap = 189
192 - 2 recap = 190
So AG will be longer than DP (not like it matters, or like it's a big difference, just saying)

Are we 100% sure there's a Naruto special on 16.9 ? I really hope that means DP's ending will be two eps on 9.9 (but they could save their double for the premier of BW too so who knows)

Wow, Diamond and Pearl, went by quickly. My favorite part of the series was when Platinum was about to be release in Japan and we were at Movie 11. Don't know why but that's my favorite part. I'm really gonna miss Dawn. Goodbye DP, Hello BW.

So September 9th. I'll be missing DP. It was my favorite season and my favorite character was Dawn. So I'll be missing her a ot too.

But I'm excited for Best Wishes and I'll gladly welcome it.

Time flies by when you are having fun D: ...

Oh well..Hello there, Best Wishes!Here we go!

According to me, If my calculations are right, and everything goes well, with the timeslot remaining and the Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Year breaks happening, the series should end around February 12 or 19.

Yeah, I'll definitely miss Dawn. She was fun, and I'm so used to her now... I'm sure it'll wear off though.

Isn't Brock leaving too? If he is, I'll miss him. =/ I seem to be the only one that'll miss him.

But still, DP wasn't my favorite season, but I did like it.

DP was a great mix of old and new ideas. I agree, it'll be sad to see it go.

But like with all brand-new starts, this gives them something fresh to work with. No word yet if any of the supporting characters will be returning, but Ash is definitely making a comeback and I wouldn't put Team Rocket too far behind him either. They've got some really unique faces as the prime characters for the series, so best of luck to them.

So could teh writer of teh article please post teh link for teh source that says there'll be a Naruto special on 9/23

So could teh writer of teh article please post teh link for teh source that says there'll be a Naruto special on 9/23
Proof?

We heard some rumors, but no concrete evidence was given to us yet. Please link the information or at least reveal the source.

Proof?

We heard rumors, but no concrete evidence was given to us yet. Please link the information or at least reveal the source.

That is what he is asking for too.

Yeah, sorry for saying that in such a weird and confusing way ^_^;; But I'd really like to see TEH source as well.

So, what should we expect of the pacing?
We know that DP189 will be the last episode in August (8/26).
That means we only have 2 or 3 left until the start of Best Wishes.

We can assume the last episode (DP191 or DP192) will be used to have Ash depart to the Isshu region.

TV Tokyo may air a double episode special anytime until or on the 9th. If on the 9th, it may allow for two episodes to tie up the looser ends: the first to have the group separate and the second for Ash to depart for Isshu.

So what should we expect of the Suzuran Conference?
Will it end on DP190 (September 2)?

Last edited:
I'll mis D&P. It was really fun to watch, great battles too. I'm gonna miss Brock and Dawn too. Oh well, bye bye D&P and let a new chapter begin, Best Wishes :D

DP has gone on so long that I'm glad its ending, as any longer than this would be a disaster.

My only problem is no Elite 4 battles. Oh well. Maybe next time.

So long DP trio, let's hope the BW trio is actually entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom