• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black and White to feature only Gen V Pokémon pre-National Dex: Feature announced in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Black and White to feature only Gen V Pokémon pre-National Dex: Feature announced

Thank god! I can actually get something useful with my Old Rod at the start of the game!

Re: Black and White to feature only Gen V Pokémon pre-National Dex: Feature announced

I am shocked by this news but pleasently so, i must say i am actually a little sad about no more zubat as instead of the birds ive used a crobat for the past 2 games (Platinum and HG)but im also quite excited at the aspect of so many new pokemon cause i mean this must mean the dex is bigger right? (at least 120-130 if not more)

This what Ive always wanted! a completely unique pokemon experience! not only does this mean that there will likely be at least 150 new pokemon, and no more zubat, and no more tentacool!

additionally this may mean that the lovedisc evo is a G national dex pokemon, like electivire and co were national dex despite being new. if they did 57 new evos and national dex legendaries, they could round the number of pokemon nice and evenly off at 700.

Last edited:

You can't be serious, sure, it's great that we can use the new Pokemon GF have supplied, but c'mon, Pikachu. Thats Pokemon's captain of the ship, it's mascot, how can they NOT include him? I really wanted to use Crobat in this game, but now I'm stuck with that stupid furry thing for a bat ¬_¬

You can't be serious, sure, it's great that we can use the new Pokemon GF have supplied, but c'mon, Pikachu. Thats Pokemon's captain of the ship, it's mascot, how can they NOT include him? I really wanted to use Crobat in this game, but now I'm stuck with that stupid furry thing for a bat ¬_¬

Yes, yes, Pikachu and Zubat will be greatly missed, etc. etc. :drowsy:

Moving on...

I have kinda mixed feelings on this one. If there will be a lot of new ones and they will be good, then it's great. But I will miss some old Pokémon: the Poliwag line, Ponyta line, Onix, Eevee and its evolutions, Heracross, Shinx line, and some others.

...I'm still on the fence about the rumored Sandshrew pre-evo.

You mean the Brand New Mole based Pokemon that isn't related to Sandshrew in any way at all?

Also, THANK GOD there's no Pre-Gen V pokemon until after National Dex. I'm getting sick of Machop and Psyduck and the rest...

This is perhaps the best thing I've heard all day.

It will be really refreshing, and encourage me to catch more pokémon, rather than ignoring pokémon (like Zubat, Geodude etc) that have been on my team since 1999.

It would be strange to have a Zubat-less and Geodude-less world, but I could get used to it. I am less annoyed by Zubat/Golbat than Geodude/Graveler, thanks to the latter's more suicidal tendency and more annoying cry.

Why would they bother to include Pikachu there, if the species isn't going to appear in Isshu in the wild?

He never said it wouldn't.

I'm pleasantly surprised, this is great news.

He never said it wouldn't.

Wasn't it? I thought the point of this news article was that it said that ONLY Generation 5 Pokemon will appear in Isshu, pre-Nat. Dex.

So no wild Magikarp in Isshu? Will we still the the quintessential fisherman with 6 Magikarp?

This news appears to be a big step from Gamefreak since this has yet to been done in previous generations. But I'm pretty excited to see what the new pokemon who will make caves hell will be.

So no wild Magikarp in Isshu? Will we still the the quintessential fisherman with 6 Magikarp?

This news appears to be a big step from Gamefreak since this has yet to been done in previous generations. But I'm pretty excited to see what the new pokemon who will make caves hell will be.

Hopefully there will be quite a few cave Pokemon so we won't run into the exact same thing ALL the time. I'd be okay with 4-5 super common cave Pokemon... but I don't think that's likely. 2-3 more like.

And no, I don't think we will get the obligatory 6 Magikarp fisherman. There'll be some other super common fish though.

I wonder if this will feel like one of those hack games were every Pokemon's sprite has been substituted by the hacker's own creations. We'll just get equivalents of all the Gen 1 Pokemon!

I'm not complaining, really; new Pokemon are new Pokemon.:rolleyes:

Why would you implement something so unncecessary? I think that loads of fans are going to be disappointed that they can't use some of the Pokemon to beat gym leaders and the E4 that they've used for four generations, to me, that's elementary.
What a dumb thing to do.

@Luxio
What is it with these nostalgia fans?

Yes, you can't use the Pokemon that you've used for four Generations...but NEITHER CAN THE GYM LEADERS. It's ALL new...
And you can later on in the game with PokeShifter anyway, and there'll be old friends post-National Dex.

but NEITHER CAN THE GYM LEADERS.
Yeah, that really doesn't matter at all?
Nobody gave a crap when we were beating Gardenia's Turtwig, Cherubi and Roserade. What we DID give a crap about however, was beating the crap out of them with the Ponyta we just caught from Route 206.

It doesn't matter if it's new or not, it's what we've been used to since 1998.

As a challenge, I've always tried to play through new games using only Pokémon indigenous exclusively to the region said game is set in, but I often find myself falling back on the standards of previous generations anyway. Thankfully, that problem has now been eliminated. I really can't wait to play this!

It doesn't matter if it's new or not, it's what we've been used to since 1998.

...But getting a change from what we've been used to (and frankly sick of) since 1998 is what most fans are looking forward to...

I mean, come on, we get a WHOLE REGION of JUST new Pokemon!:)

And for the record, I beat her team with a Staravia. But I actually SERIOUSLY hope that PokeShifter can be used pre-Elite Four. Hopefully that'll be enough for fans of the pre-Gen V Pokemon...

My top 4 reasons to celebrate over this news.

1. No Magikarp.
2. No Zubat
3. No Tentacool and Tentacruel
4. No Geodude.

I finally get some use of the Old Rod since I couldn't do anything useful with Magikarp. :-D Great news!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom