• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

"Pocket Monsters Best Wishes" - coming this fall!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, is Iris getting pokabu? I think are her hands in the preview (Filb.de have it, by the way).

I'm half-half for the new animation style. I love how Iron Tail now looks like a tail of iron. Volt Tackle is nice but why did the color change to orange? Ash's eyes, well, they make him look younger. His outfit is alright, I guess, but not too used to on the eyes.

Epic "Wallpaper" for the win. It has most of the revealed Pokemon on it and the characters. It's on the main BW website (I think), wow did they update quickly, just a few hours ago it was pretty weak website but now it's epic. While Wargle is currently my favorite 5th gen Pokemon, it's apparently anime art is a little um, it's kind of doing an injustice to the Pokemon (hopefully in an episode it'll look better). And Swanna actually looks awesome on the wallpaper (it looks pissed and it wants to kill you; motherly instincts kicking into high gear).

Oh and Ash. Could you not kill Mamepato when you're trying to catch it? Seriously quick attack, thunderbolt, and iron tail. I know you want it but holy crap give Mamepato some time to breathe. Of course this might mean Mamepato and its evolutions have excellent defences (though I want it to specialize in special attack).
Or Mamepato has some serious speed to it, and ash can't catch the little bastard. Or better yet, speed and defence, making it pretty good for his team. Also, that preview you posted V is a pretty good summary of how fast this thing is going to go. Loving ash's clothes, but the eyes need some time.

Take a look at the first few seconds of that video. That close up of Satoshi's hand look familiar to anyone? ;-)

You know everything is just better in best wishes, I mean all of the attacks seemed to be getting revamped, even volt tackle, I love it. The animation may be spotty sometimes but I have no doubt that when it comes to the moves they will always superior to the past series attacks. I mean we got to see a little more of Pokabu's attack and it was awesome.

What else was awesome? The screen of Mijumaru's "shell blade" striking Tsutarja that was also awesome. I'm loving Best Wishes solely by how it looks and feels.

And by faster paced, I hope Pokemon evolve after 30 or so episodes, no sense in waiting 10 years, I mean 100 episodes for a Pokemon to evolve. And also because it is too cute, I really hope Ash doesn't catch a Shikijaka, although it'll be his first "gimmick" Pokemon and by gimmick I mean something that has a little extra than just itself. Shikijaka has season form changes. I just hope it evolves into an epic Pokemon if he catches it.

Wait! Is Best Wishes really going back to its roots all the way to Kanto? Everything seems to point in that direction... :shy:

If the hands are a hint to how this is going back to square one with a new bunch of people, I love it. Also, has his room changed, or is it my imagination?

warglwargl

I DID JUST TAKE A DOUBLE TAKE THERE.

Ash now has actual coloured eyes? As well as his new threads?

You'd think something happened in the last 2 episodesof Sinnoh that caused this, eh?

Nah, just a different look for a new generation which completely wipes the slate. I wonder where ash is going to take the boat from though.

Or Mamepato has some serious speed to it, and ash can't catch the little bastard. Or better yet, speed and defence, making it pretty good for his team. Also, that preview you posted V is a pretty good summary of how fast this thing is going to go. Loving ash's clothes, but the eyes need some time.

Except all the attacks I mention actually make contact with Mamepato. And seriously it looked like Iron Tail killed it but it seems to be taken out "once and for all" with thunderbolt.

Except all the attacks I mention actually make contact with Mamepato. And seriously it looked like Iron Tail killed it but it seems to be taken out "once and for all" with thunderbolt.
Iron tail made contact? I though it barely made it, but I could be wrong. If it did, then that's pretty cool, Mamepato seems pretty strong as you said.

That preview looked great, and did anyone catch Mijumaru's Shell Blade?

2namk8w.jpg

Mijumaru is just perfect for reaction shots.

Iron tail made contact? I though it barely made it, but I could be wrong. If it did, then that's pretty cool, Mamepato seems pretty strong as you said.

Well you can hear Mamepato screaming as it it's being killed, so yeah I'm pretty sure it made contact. Then again Ash could be trolling Isshu, trying to catch everything left and right and this Pokemon is something else. After all he tried to catch Iris (although at first I thought it was a Murkrow and I was like what the hell, Ash is trying to catch a Murkrow, but then it ended up being Iris, funniest mistake ever).

Seriously when did Ash get this hyper about catching Pokemon, I mean he is literally trying to catch every Pokemon and everything he sees. I really hope they didn't reset the canon of Ash. If in B/W this Ash's first region after getting Pikachu, I will really, really hate the writers for retconning "Kanto", Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh.

Well you can hear Mamepato screaming as it it's being killed, so yeah I'm pretty sure it made contact. Then again Ash could be trolling Isshu, trying to catch everything left and right and this Pokemon is something else. After all he tried to catch Iris (although at first I thought it was a Murkrow and I was like what the hell, Ash is trying to catch a Murkrow, but then it ended up being Iris, funniest mistake ever).

Seriously when did Ash get this hyper about catching Pokemon, I mean he is literally trying to catch every Pokemon and everything he sees. I really hope they didn't reset the canon of Ash. If in B/W this Ash's first region after getting Pikachu, I will really, really hate the writers for retconning "Kanto", Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh.
Ash hasn't been this capture heavy since Kanto, and even then he was tame. Hell, he's even using the Getto Daze motto for catching, like he has no end to this mass enslavement. I don't think they're going to retcon his whole journey, as he seems quite acquainted to Pikachu, and the way that he's in his room makes me think that he's ready yet again for another adventure. That, or these past 13 years really have been all inside his head, and Takuto's Darkrai was his subconsciousness waking him up.

Ash hasn't been this capture heavy since Kanto, and even then he was tame. Hell, he's even using the Getto Daze motto for catching, like he has no end to this mass enslavement. I don't think they're going to retcon his whole journey, as he seems quite acquainted to Pikachu, and the way that he's in his room makes me think that he's ready yet again for another adventure. That, or these past 13 years really have been all inside his head, and Takuto's Darkrai was his subconsciousness waking him up.

If all you say is true then something is really wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom