• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Music Background music of the show

Hey, can someone tell me if a certain track has been released... I can't bother going through the whole OST but I figure some aficionado might be able to help me out here.

And if it's not released, at least what it's commonly referred to as.

It's played a lot during mystical-ish events (in Johto, but maybe in Kanto too), but one place I can think off top of head is here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkI7B5f2YoQ&feature=related 0:25

What track is that? I MUST know!!

Hey, can someone tell me if a certain track has been released... I can't bother going through the whole OST but I figure some aficionado might be able to help me out here.

And if it's not released, at least what it's commonly referred to as.

It's played a lot during mystical-ish events (in Johto, but maybe in Kanto too), but one place I can think off top of head is here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkI7B5f2YoQ&feature=related 0:25

What track is that? I MUST know!!

That's just some random 4kids music.

Everything in that clip is dub music, so the likelihood of it ever being on CD is pretty much nought. And since it's show-specific and doesn't originate from the dub films (which have had bgm released, I believe), I doubt it's name is known by anyone in the fandom.

Edit: And while I'm posting, and am too lazy to look back on the thread; Anyone got a link for a pre-order of this baby?

Oh, didn't realize it was dub-exclusive BGM.

But if you are telling me that no one in the fandom cares enough to know about dub BGM (which I find difficult to believe), even after everything in this whole thread, then that's quite a sad shame. Damn dub-underestimating elitists. Oh yeah, of course it's all about the ORIGINAL RAW JAPANESE, eh. Not saying I'm expecting it to be released, but you'd at least think it'd get some recognition in the fandom.

I'm sure that's not the case, though.

But thanks anyway.

This is a thread about a Japanese CD, being released in Japan, consisting entirely of music created for the Japanese version of a Japanese show. Of course the focus is going to be on the Japan side of things.

And not knowing the track titles for music that's never been released officially makes us "dub-underestimating elitists?" WTF?

Cheers Dogasu!

But if you are telling me that no one in the fandom cares enough to know about dub BGM (which I find difficult to believe).
No, no, I didn't mean it like that. It's just, since none of it has ever been released outside of being in the episodes themselves, people most likely aren't going to know the names the tracks is all. Like that one dub piece they use in the first episode where Ash is being chased by the Spearows, for example. Nobody knows it's name, so it's always called 'that one piece that plays when Ash is chased by the Spearows' from what I've seen. :p

Cheers Dogasu!

No, no, I didn't mean it like that. It's just, since none of it has ever been released outside of being in the episodes themselves, people most likely aren't going to know the names the tracks is all. Like that one dub piece they use in the first episode where Ash is being chased by the Spearows, for example. Nobody knows it's name, so it's always called 'that one piece that plays when Ash is chased by the Spearows' from what I've seen. :p

I see. But my logic was, seeing as, say, the track I'm pointing to, is used a lot in the dub, I figure it must have something it's commonly referred to as, dub or not. Much like the Spearow track (which is also probably used more).

Kind of akin to how the Charizard VS. Magmar theme is used many times throughout the series, yet the commonly used name for it throughout the internet is "the Charzard/Magmar battle theme", as with the Spearow track. So thus, I figured nameless dub tracks have "code-names" in the same way that unreleased Japanese ones do. And it seems I'm partially right, as you have provided the Spearow track as an example.

But, once again, as I'm sure anyone who frequently watches the dub can testify, the track I pointed to is used a lot, so I figure if the Spearow track is pinpointed by fans with a codename, i.e. remembered commonly as something, there's a reasonably likely chance that this one is too. For instance "Ash's Chikorita evolves" (though I'm sure if anything it's remembered commonly as something else, thats probably at least the 20th time it's used).

As for you, Dogasu... well, I've mostly justified my comment above already, it wasn't the not knowing, because of course no one would know, if it's unreleased.
But I think whatever it is that you're calling me out for, was more directed at Kairyu and not Grave-E, because the subtext of his post seemed like "lolz anything about the dub is inferior so it doesn't matter who cares about it", even though he may have not meant that, just thought I'd whip it out in case, because last time I was here that was sadly the general consensus of the board, so yes I'm generalizing, sue me. :D

But for the record, Dogasu, I can read, and the thread title itself does not say "Japanese" in it. Thus, you using the argument "it's a Japanese show and therefore that should naturally be the focus", doesn't exactly help your case and makes you look no better than one of those people.

Last edited:
Personal feelings aside, I don't believe there was ill intent from anyone.

Actually, I take that back. Gravy has malicious intent spewing forth like a Blastoise's Hydro Pump. It's a veritable gravy train, if you will, of evil intentions. One can feel it seething through the Internet, incalculable rage boiling to the surface, chock full of anger and spices of varying degree. A delectable dish of dastardly do'ings. Such emotion packed into every morsel, it seeks to overkill all the trappings of the youth, creating a torrent of chaos, a RUE OF RAMBUNCTIOUSNESS, so much so that the very foundations of all that we hold sacred and mash potato'd will be drenched in insuferable malice. Country-style.

No soul shall be spared the wrath of the song that plays.... when the Spearows chase Ash.

Zak said:
But for the record, Dogasu, I can read, and the thread title itself does not say "Japanese" in it. Thus, you using the argument "it's a Japanese show and therefore that should naturally be the focus", doesn't exactly help your case and makes you look no better than one of those people.

You must have terrible reading comprehension skills if that's what you took from my post.

Also, re-read the first post in this thread.

But for the record, Dogasu, I can read, and the thread title itself does not say "Japanese" in it.
But the first sentence of the first post does clearly say "released in Japan". If you had bothered to use those reading skills of yours to read it, you guys wouldn't have had that conversation in the first place.

But if you are telling me that no one in the fandom cares enough to know about dub BGM (which I find difficult to believe), even after everything in this whole thread, then that's quite a sad shame. Damn dub-underestimating elitists. Oh yeah, of course it's all about the ORIGINAL RAW JAPANESE, eh. Not saying I'm expecting it to be released, but you'd at least think it'd get some recognition in the fandom.

I'm sure that's not the case, though.

But thanks anyway.

I LOVE the dub BGM too-- too bad it isn't released.

Do we have a track listing for the CD yet?

Patience, only two days are left, you can wait.

There was a CD somebody got before the release day, so there is a chance that we will get this collection tomorrow.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom