• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest The Randomised Contest I (Venusaur vs Glaceon)

Axle Helios

Now with more cowbell.
Reaction score
So, using random.org I've chosen 2 numbers between 0 and 493. Those numbers were 3 and 471. So...
220px-003Venusaur.png
VS
200px-471Glaceon.png

Your comedy options aren't as comedic as mine :p

And Glaceon pwns Venusaur with its Ice-type attacks. 'Nuff said.

they have a lof ot similarities and differences like they are pokemon and fight but are of different types and then their stats say a lot of stuff when together and against and their movesets marks the difference in battling style and glaceon moves suck but venusaur has warts eww besides that venusaur is male

I'll just say Glaceon for liking it more. It's of the few actually good Ice types. Though its moveset REALLY sucks...

Venusaur. After I saw it in Pokemon Special, it gained newfound respect.

Actually nevermind, I feel like making a proper comparision.
First of all, they have the same base stat total.

Glaceon has the type advantage, amazing special attack, and superior defenses.
Meanwhile in comparision... Venusaur has balanced stats. It has the special defense to not be OHKO'd by Glaceon, and surprisingly, its FASTER than it (aaaargh why do have ice types to be slow?!). However this means nothing, as even with its special attack similar to Glaceon's special defense, it really lacks a way to sweep. Which in this situation, is deadly.
Glaceon wins, hands down.

I should mention that it was interesting how in apperance Venusaur is the bulkier one and Glaceon the more agile, yet it's exactly the other way around.

Outside that though Venusaur is probably more versatile, while Glaceon is really just an Ice type that does its thing.

In design, Venusaur is objetivelly superior by far. It's much more elaborated and thought about. While Glaceon is also very elaborated and has its simplistic charm and everything, you can see Venusaur got the more work and crumbled sketches.

I still have personal preference for Glaceon either way.

Last edited:
ffff. I love both. ;u;

but if I have to choose one I'm gonna choose Glaceon.

I like Glaceon better, and with the obvious type advantage, coupled with that huge Special Attack, it'll most likely beat down Venusaur.

Venusaur, because it makes a good UU sweeper.

This whole Ice beats Grass hands down thing is a little bit inaccurate.

First off, Glaceon does not resist any of Venusaur's STAB options. Secondly, Glaceon is actually much slower than Venusaur. Thirdly (and most importantly), Venusaur has access to a wide array of supporting moves that make it significantly easier to take out Glaceon. For example, Venusaur, being faster and all, can put Glaceon to sleep with Sleep Powder before she has the chance to do so much as blink. He can also use Leech Seed to have her recover his life for him. But, y'know, if that's too slow, he can always use Synthesis.

Venusaur also has plenty of attacking moves that balance out the stat differences between them, as well as Swords Dance.

Just to give a visual:

a +2 Swords Dance Boosted Power Whip from (itemless) Jolly Venusaur does 97.4%-115.1% to the standard Glaceon. This is easy to achieve by using Sleep Powder first and then boosting with Swords Dance. If it was Adamant natured or had the Life Orb/Choice Band attached, Glaceon would be OHKO'd 100% of the time

(Itemless) Timid Leaf Storm from Venusaur does 73.32%-86.4% to the standard Glaceon, a clean 2HKO even after that stat drop. Imagine a Modest one or if it was holding a Life Orb/Choice Specs.

While it is true that Glaceon's Ice Beam 2HKO's Venusaur at worst, I don't think Venu should be counted out of the battle so quickly. Remember, he can hurt Glaceon just as easily as she can hurt him and he's faster, can heal himself and has Sleep Powder.

On the whole, Venusaur is also a more versatile and overall better Pokemon than Glaceon. All she's good for is a choiced attacker (which many other Pokemon can do just as well and better, Venusaur himself being among them). Venusaur can be physically offensive, specially offensive, a physical tank, a special tank, a support Pokemon, a choiced anti lead, etc

Aesthetically, while I do appreciate Glaceon's design (one of the best looking Eeveelutions out there and a beautiful and graceful Pokemon in her own right), Venusaur is obviously more thought out and better designed. This is evidenced by his evolutionary line and the metaphor that his flower represents (childhood with Bulbasaur, adolescence with Ivysaur, adulthood with Venusaur).

In case it wasn't obvious by now, my Choice is Venusaur, btw.

This whole Ice beats Grass hands down thing is a little bit inaccurate.

First off, Glaceon does not resist any of Venusaur's STAB options. Secondly, Glaceon is actually much slower than Venusaur. Thirdly (and most importantly), Venusaur has access to a wide array of supporting moves that make it significantly easier to take out Glaceon. For example, Venusaur, being faster and all, can put Glaceon to sleep with Sleep Powder before she has the chance to do so much as blink. He can also use Leech Seed to have her recover his life for him. But, y'know, if that's too slow, he can always use Synthesis.

Venusaur also has plenty of attacking moves that balance out the stat differences between them, as well as Swords Dance.

Just to give a visual:

a +2 Swords Dance Boosted Power Whip from (itemless) Jolly Venusaur does 97.4%-115.1% to the standard Glaceon. This is easy to achieve by using Sleep Powder first and then boosting with Swords Dance. If it was Adamant natured or had the Life Orb/Choice Band attached, Glaceon would be OHKO'd 100% of the time

(Itemless) Timid Leaf Storm from Venusaur does 73.32%-86.4% to the standard Glaceon, a clean 2HKO even after that stat drop. Imagine a Modest one or if it was holding a Life Orb/Choice Specs.

While it is true that Glaceon's Ice Beam 2HKO's Venusaur at worst, I don't think Venu should be counted out of the battle so quickly. Remember, he can hurt Glaceon just as easily as she can hurt him and he's faster, can heal himself and has Sleep Powder.

On the whole, Venusaur is also a more versatile and overall better Pokemon than Glaceon. All she's good for is a choiced attacker (which many other Pokemon can do just as well and better, Venusaur himself being among them). Venusaur can be physically offensive, specially offensive, a physical tank, a special tank, a support Pokemon, a choiced anti lead, etc

Aesthetically, while I do appreciate Glaceon's design (one of the best looking Eeveelutions out there and a beautiful and graceful Pokemon in her own right), Venusaur is obviously more thought out and better designed. This is evidenced by his evolutionary line and the metaphor that his flower represents (childhood with Bulbasaur, adolescence with Ivysaur, adulthood with Venusaur).

In case it wasn't obvious by now, my Choice is Venusaur, btw.

This. I like Venusaur more anyways, because it is one of the original 151.

They're even, only because of Kanto pride :p

But I like Glaceons typing and look better so I'll have to pick her just to be fair.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom