• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BW001: To the Isshu Region! Zekrom's Shadow! & BW002 Iris and Kibago!

Status
Not open for further replies.

V Faction

Froakin' Hilarious.
Reaction score
Via slowkingsley:

The first two titles were apparently shown in a Japanese TV magazine and are,

BW001 - To the Isshu Region! Zekrom's Shadow!!
BW002 - Iris and Kibago!

Apparently in the first episode Pikachu is unable to use its electric moves because of Zekrom's shadow, so Ash goes to Professor Araragi's lab. I'm not 100% sure about these, but Newtype leaks should happen today or tomorrow to confirm.

BW001 - The stage of a new venture, Ash and Pikachu arrive in the Isshu region. They are headed to the lab of Dr. Araragi - the authority of reasearch of this regions pokemon. On the way there, lightning is shot from black clouds, which suddenly appear, an accident occurs to Pikachu, who receives a direct hit.

Once again, my translations aren't perfect, but gives the general idea. It seems like they are already in Isshu when they encounter Zekrom.

An extended summary has appeared for the first episode and it mentions that Shooti is a new trainer at the lab and battles Pikachu and Ash.

What an interesting way to have the clichéd "Pikachu unable to use Electric attacks" shtick they keep pulling every new region without having to resort to Pikachu getting sick again.

And it looks like we're going to be in the thick of Isshu in no time flat.

Last edited:
Re: BW001 + BW002: To the Isshu Region! Zekrom's Shadow!

LOL something bad ALWAYS happens to Pika at the beginning of every series! original, AG, DP and now in BW too XD
It's pretty obvious now that Ash will be heavily featured in the first ep of BW - nothing like DP's first ep which was all Dawn... seems like actually the second ep will focus on Iris, but Ash will be there too so it still won't be like what Dawn got for her introduction
I find it nice if Ash goes to Isshu only because Pikachu got affected by Zekrom (how convenient for the writers that one of the two BW mascots is electric type lol) and not like the previous regions that he went to "because Gary went there" or "to meet new Poké" or "battle in the region's League"... and only after Pika is healed, he'll hear about the Isshu League and decide to stay there

Wow. This sounds rather interesting. I like this Zekrom idea.
And it seems Iris will turn up in episode 2.

I find it nice if Ash goes to Isshu only because Pikachu got affected by Zekrom (how convenient for the writers that one of the two BW mascots is electric type lol) and not like the previous regions that he went to "because Gary went there" or "to meet new Poké" or "battle in the region's League"... and only after Pika is healed, he'll hear about the Isshu League and decide to stay there
Hang on, Pip, is it certain that Zekrom's shadow is the reason for going to Isshu, or just that the shadow affects Pikachu once they're in Isshu already?

And it seems Iris will turn up in episode 2.

I'm sure she'll be in the first ep too, just not really focused on... she'll probably get at least as much as Paul got in DP 2 (short scene to build up her real apperance next ep)

Hang on, Pip, is it certain that Zekrom's shadow is the reason for going to Isshu, or just that the shadow affects Pikachu once they're in Isshu already?

Oh... I don't know, I understood it like this: Ash and Pika are in Pallet, Pika is unable to use its attacks, they find out about Zekrom and Oak tells them the only who can help is Professor Araragi, so Ash goes to Isshu in order to meet her and heal Pika
Of course, this just how I think it'll be based on the info we just got

If Zekrom appears in Pallet Town, I wonder what the reason for that may be.

I'm sure she'll be in the first ep too, just not really focused on... she'll probably get at least as much as Paul got in DP 2 (short scene to build up her real apperance next ep)

Yes, I can see her appearing near the end of the episode maybe.

I don't know, I interpreted the shadow thing as being when they are already in Isshu, but it would be a great excuse to bring Ash to Ishu in the first place.

Via slowkingsley:

What an interesting way to have the clichéd "Pikachu unable to use Electric attacks" shtick they keep pulling every new region without having to resort to Pikachu getting sick again.

And it looks like we're going to be in the thick of Isshu in no time flat.

but we can see him using volt tackle and Tunderbolt in the preview

If Zekrom appears in Pallet Town, I wonder what the reason for that may be.

Maybe Zekrom isn't necessarily in Pallet... maybe it's in Isshu but it did something that caused stuff to happen in other regions too? though they say shadow and to see its shadow it HAS to be there... so I don't know... though it may not necessarily mean "shadow" as in the usual meaning of the word... maybe they use this word here to describe something else that we'll only understand when it airs

But I guess it could be that it only happens AFTER Ash goes to Isshu... it just seems like a good and different way to get Ash to Isshu... (well, actually, while he didn't go to Hoenn for that reason, Ash did go to Birch in order to heal Pika so I guess the idea isn't THAT unique and "never saw this before"...)

but we can see him using volt tackle and Tunderbolt in the preview

Maybe these scenes are before Pika get affected or after it's healed

What is the japanese title?

what about the obligatory bike that must be zapped?
If we get the "Pikachu is sick at the beginning of a journey"-motif I also demand that a bike be destroyed!

Aww. Kind of a bummer that we're not going the DP route here. Granted, I didn't think it was brilliant or anything, but I could definately appreciate the idea of the first ep focusing on someone other than Ash. Hopefully episode 2 will provide a satisfactory helping of solo Iris antics. Apart from the new 'mon debuts, she's the character I'm most looking forward to in BW.

In any case, really hyped up for these. I do like that the obligatory Isshu with Pikachu this time around isn't the result of some hair-brained Rocket scheme gone awry.
And hey, since we know Iris is probably connected to the dragons in some way, maybe that's why she's in the vicinity.

I'm not sure we'll see a bike this time... Iris is too wild to have a bike in my opinion... she seems to prefer jumping from trees XD

I'm not sure we'll see a bike this time... Iris is too wild to have a bike in my opinion... she seems to prefer jumping from trees XD

Then Pikachu can zap her trees instead XD

Hmm, so we see Zekrom and Reshiram in the first two episodes? Cool. I'm really excited! :D

How about giving a bike to the new professor? An eco-sensitive professor is a nice change of pace in times of global warming etc.
After Pikachu is healed, he's so happy that he unleashed a Thunderbolt as his way of saying thank you

So...
Ash sees Zekrom('s shadow)?
Iris sees Reshiram('s shadow)?

Going that route again, huh? Oh well, I won't complain.

Then Pikachu can zap her trees instead XD

Pikachu zaps trees and starts a forestfire
- Zekrom happens to fly by, gets pissed and drains Pika of its electric power
- Ash takes Pika to BW's professor
- Ash hears about the Isshu league

Voila! ^^

So wait a minute, Zekrom can fly as well? Well this is new.

Maybe this would offer an explanation as to why Pikachu becomes so weak and loses to common Pokemon at the begining.

IT'S POWER WAS DRAINED BY ZEKROM'S SHADOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom