• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Cynthia vs Lance

IMG

i'm glasses
Reaction score
I think Lance would win, his dragonite was a pain in the butt to defeat.

Cynthia would pwn Lance. Her team has variety while (most) of his team share a common weakness.

I've gotta go with Cynthis. Lance's Dragonite is tough, but her Milotic's Ice Beam would take it down easily. And plus, her Lucario has Dragon Pulse for his Dragons and Stone Edge for Charizard and resists Dragon attacks. Finally,his Gyarados would go down to Togekiss's Shock Wave.

Not to mention Garchomp itself. Fastest pseudo and fastest non legendary Dragon type with a great Attacking stat and a STAB that's super effective against half of Lance's team. To top it all off, it has a level advantage against Lance's strongest Pokemon, which means it has a level advantage against Lance's entire team.

Much as I love Lance (and I do), Cynthia is just overall the better trainer and the better conceived, developed and interesting character

Since you can defeat Lance's entire team with just Ice Beam + Thunderbolt in a single hit each time, which you can't do against Cynthia, she wins automatically.

I liked Lance's character much better, and unlike Cynthia's team(s), I like all the Pokémon on Lance's team(s). Cynthia may have had an awesome piano motif, but Lance's GSC/HGSS theme was rather epic. Lance gets my vote.

If it's a matter of who would win in a straight-out battle rather than who I prefer, Cynthia would probably win due to her more diverse team.

Me. (even though I love Mudkipz, Cynthia is a sexy beast of IV-trained ownage)

All you need to put those two in the dust is a team of good pokemon knowing some sweet Ice-type moves, and they wouldn't stand any chance at all (even if they are ridiculously tough). Both of them may be totally pimp, but they wouldn't stand much of a chance against mah skillz.

Cynthia FTW! Her levels are incredibly high and her Pokémon are unique as well. Not even 5 Lance's couldn't measure with her power. :p

I LIEK MUDKIPS

Well, Cynthia was a piece of cake to beat while Lance took 5 tries -_-
I like Lance's character , Cynthia was cool and gave me a Togepi egg and the Togepi line is my FAVOURITE Pokemon along with Manaphy. So that scores her alot of points. Their pretty even in Character(thanks to togepi) so it comes to battle, which Cynthia would probably win in since her Milotic can wipe out all lance's Dragon types and then her other pokemon can get Lance's others.

Cynthia's mixed team has too much coverage against Lance's team. He would go down but I suppose his team would put up a decent fight.

I'm pretty sure Cynthia has Ice Beam somewhere in her team... so I'd say yes, Cynthia would win.~

Well, Lance can throw a Punch, so yeah. Whereas Cynthia would just dodge and kick him to pieces, and then he would stand back up and shoot her so...

LANCE

But in a Pokemon battle, CYNTHIA

Cynthia's team has a lot more diversity in it, so I'm going to say that she could counter Lance with something.

Lance is the best!!!!!!

Also, Gyarados is faster than Togekiss and can kill it with Ice Fang, and Charizard would wreck Lucario with Flamethrower.

And which of Lance's many teams are we basing this off of? Because if we're talking HGSS champion 2nd battle, Lance wrecks Cynthia easily.

And which of Lance's many teams are we basing this off of? Because if we're talking HGSS champion 2nd battle, Lance wrecks Cynthia easily.

But Lance is so easy to beat if you have a Milotic with Ice Beam...

Ice Beam is basically a dragon killer, we all know that.

I like Lance's character better in general, but I can't deny that Cynthia would probably destroy him. (Especially with that Milotic.)

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom