• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Music Background music of the show

Patience, only two days are left, you can wait.

I was wondering because I got an email earlier saying that my order of it had been shipped xD I wanted to know what too look forward to and also to know if it was odd or not that the company that I ordered it with had not provided me with a listing themselves.

There was a CD somebody got before the release day, so there is a chance that we will get this collection tomorrow.

Awesome, I hope this is the case again.

Last edited:
Do we have a track listing for the CD yet?

I swear I thought about posting in this thread and asking this earlier today XD oh, the connection of brothers!
It IS weird there's no track listing for this... usually we always get a track listing at least a week before the release if not even faster than that... I think
I really hope they'll at least include all the DP BGM (I especially want all BGM versions of Kimi no Soba de)

Sorry, it's all game BGM.

I don't think I understood the humour. TV Anime Pocket Monster Original Soundtrack Best 1997-2010. I'm guessing you meant their animé counterparts?

I don't think I understood the humour. TV Anime Pocket Monster Original Soundtrack Best 1997-2010. I'm guessing you meant their animé counterparts?

No humour, i was just looking around the internet for the track list and i mixed up this CD with an other one, the reason why i deleted my post(which you read before i could delete it).

But I still highly doubt they will put all of the instrumental versions of Hikari's theme.

It was released today. Any information yet? Has someone already got it?

If I must believe the reviews of Amazon, the OK! BGM and Advance Adventure are included in this soundtrack.

They also state it's mostly only the BGM of the games.

Also if I'm not mistaken the Team Rocket Sinnoh theme is not included, but I could be wrong...

So some people already got their CD? I hope we at least get a full track list soon, if not even the CD itself... I really can't wait to hear it!

If I must believe the reviews of Amazon, the OK! BGM and Advance Adventure are included in this soundtrack.
I think what that person is saying is that they aren't included, actually :/ There doesn't seem to be any anime-only music at all, no exceptions.

If people already got their CDs and tell us that, can't we try to ask these people to give us the full track list? I'm dying to know already what's there and what's not
Advanced Adventure was already released so it's not really a lose, not sure if OK was released or not but I do love this BGM...
It's sad if there are no anime BGM -at all- since I hoped for all the different BGM versions of Dawn's theme but oh well... most of the game music and its anime adaption is awesome too, so the CD should still be great

Amazon Japan still hasn't shipped my order yet :(

Of course, as soon as I have the CD in my hands, I'll post a full track list.

Hey guys, I've translated the Amazon Japan reviews...

This first review used a phrase that meant "unlabeled," referring to the Kanto and Johto days, before Pocket Monsters had a sub title fixed onto it (i.e. Pocket Monsters Advance Generation/Diamond and Pearl). Since it sounded awkward in English, I changed it to "pre-AG."

4/5 stars
It Has Anime BGM On it, But...

A Pokemon soundtrack finally comes around, after all these years. This has on it BGM from the anime, from the pre-AG TV series through to DP. It contains about 88 tracks all told, but since there are a few pieces which, for example, are the same but at a different tempo, I guess you could consider the recordings themselves to be less than 88 tracks.
The main bit of the music is on here, but this containing only BGM that was arranged from the games for use in the anime, we don't get the anime's original BGM, such as the arrangements of the theme songs that played in each episode's climax, "OK!" and "Advance Adventure," nor do we get the Rocket Gang motto BGM from the pre-AG days.
Even so, this item is plenty enjoyable, though people expecting the aforementioned pieces may be somewhat disappointed. (I was one of those people.)
It's because of this that I subtracted one star [from my review].
Man, I wish one day they'd also release a CD with the anime original BGM that wasn't on this CD...

So it looks like the "OK!" and "Advance Adventure" instrumentals aren't on this after all. I wasn't expecting them to be, but notice how this person refers to tracks that "are the same but at a different tempo." It sounds like we're getting some of the alternates after all! :)
Anyway, here's the next two reviews:

5/5 stars
For Both Anime Fans and Game Fans

I got this just today, so if you'll allow me to review it right away...

Because this soundtrack has nothing but game BGM arrangements, I think it's plenty enjoyable by people who haven't seen much of the anime. For my part, I haven't really watched the anime at all, focusing more on the games, but I'm totally fascinated by these magnificent orchestra arrangements of the memorable compositions well-known from the games, such as battle, town and facility music. The battle music in particular is a rush!

With a total of 46 tracks on Disc 1, and 42 on Disc 2, considering they're all game arrangements, I'd say this is a pretty hefty volume, wouldn't you?

In the supplementary booklet, there's a special conversation, as it says in the item explanation above. Different people from the sound team offer unexpected sides and viewpoints, so it's quite an interesting read.

Listening to this soundtrack brings back the occasional memory of a scene from the anime I've seen, so somehow it takes me right back to the good ol' days.

An undisputed five stars. The packaging is very lovely, too, so Pokemon fans can't go wrong with this one! Go out and get it!

5/5 stars
Incredibly Awesome.

This CD includes lots of anime arrangements from the soundtrack of each game in the Pokemon series.

Since by no means have I seen the entire anime, there are quite a few arrangements I had never heard before, but either way, it's wonderful. Personally, I was after the battle music the most, but... what's this? The tension rises like crazy, in every bit an awesome way as you could hope for. It's intense. It's dangerous.

Burning pieces, calm pieces, magnificent pieces, scary-feeling pieces.
There might even be times when, depending on the person, a scene will be remembered and tears will well up...

For fans of the Pokemon anime this is a given, for those who like the games but don't watch much of the anime, for those who used to watch it but not at all anymore... who's to say even those people won't get their fill of enjoyment from this? Even better, I think this is one of those times when you can throw out your chest and make people who have no interest in Pokemon listen.

5/5 stars
Buy This One!

This includes stuff from pre-AG all the way through to DP, and it's just as great as I thought it would be!! It makes me feel like I'm seeing, before my very eyes, the wagon tracks of Satoshi's travels up to now.
I get nostalgic every time I listen to these pieces, and with the "Where did this piece come from?" feeling I get, I never tire of listening.
I definitely want to hear stuff from the end of DP and the crossing-over to BW! I'm sure after listening to this, I'll be able to be even more deeply moved when I see the final episode of DP!! I recommend this one for both longtime fans and fans who have just started watching.

5/5 stars
Kasumi's Koduck

"Guidepost", on Disc 1, track 8 was used as the pre-AG theme music for Kasumi's Koduck, wasn't it!

So it's really only this last review that gives us any word on an actual track. Let's hope it's the alternate version of "The Dreaded Koduck", and not the one that's already on the Sound Anime Collection.

Last edited:
Track List FTW :p (Too lazy to translate!) although having looked there are quite a few unreleased tracks included!

Disc 1
1. ~オープニング~
2. ~オープニング~
3. ~オープニング~
4. トキワへの道‐マサラより
5. トキワへの道‐マサラより
6. 戦い(VS野生ポケモン)
7. ファンファーレ ポケモンゲット
8. 道案内
9. ポケモンセンター
10. ポケモンセンター
11. おつきみ山のどうくつ
12. ハナダへの道‐おつきみ山より
13. プリンの歌
14. トレーナーあらわる(男の子編)
15. 戦い(VSトレーナー)
16. 戦い(VSトレーナー)
17. ポケモンジム
18. ポケモンジム
19. 戦い(VSジムリーダー)
20. シオンへの道‐クチバより
21. サイクリング
22. ポケモンタワー
23. ポケモンタワー
24. ポケモンの笛
25. 海
26. 海
27. 最後の道
28. ラストバトル(VSライバル)
29. ~エンディング~
30. タイトル
31. 29ばんどうろ
32. 戦闘!野生ポケモン(ジョウト)
33. エンジュシティ
34. 戦闘!ライバル
35. むしとりたいかい
36. じてんしゃ
37. 38ばんどうろ
38. 戦闘!トレーナー(ジョウト)
39. なみのり
40. 視線!ロケット団
41. ラジオとう占拠!
42. 26ばんどうろ
43. こうそくせん
44. ニビシティ
45. 戦闘!チャンピオン
46. エンディング

Disc 2
1. タイトル ~メインテーマ~
2. オープニングセレクト
3. コトキタウン
4. 戦闘!野生ポケモン
5. トウカシティ
6. ジム
7. ジムリーダーに勝利!
8. 進化おめでとう
9. 海を越えて
10. 海の科学博物館
11. アクア団登場!
12. コンテスト!
13. ヒワマキシティ
14. ミナモシティ
15. 回復
16. おくりびやま
17. マグマ団登場!
18. アジト
19. 戦闘!アクア・マグマ団
20. 戦闘!超古代ポケモン
21. チャンピオンロード
22. チャンピオンロード
23. 戦闘!四天王
24. すてられぶね
25. おふれのせきしつ
26. 戦闘!レジロック・レジアイス・レジスチル
27. けんきゅうじょ(オープニング)
28. けんきゅうじょ(オープニング)
29. けんきゅうじょ(オープニング)
30. フタバタウン(昼)
31. 201ばんどうろ(昼)
32. 戦闘!野生ポケモン
33. マサゴタウン(昼)
34. ハクタイのもり
35. 視線!ポケモンコレクター
36. 206ばんどうろ(昼)
37. 視線!からておう
38. 視線!げいじゅつか
39. スーパーコンテスト!
40. ダンス むずかしい
41. 戦闘!ジムリーダー
42. 210ばんどうろ(昼)

I want to make a note that if you see the same track listed on the CD, it's most likely due to that fact that the game track in question has more than one Anime Remix. I don't know why the CD doesn't clarify that, but that's the way it is.

Track List FTW :p (Too lazy to translate!) although having looked there are quite a few unreleased tracks included!

[japanese text]

Who is supposed to understand this?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've listened to the first few tracks, and based on that and looking at the track list it seems like a number of tracks are being re-released which is disappointing (i.e. from the Kanto collection and Genki Ippai). Also disappointing is the lack of anime exclusive tracks, but I can forgive that because orchestrated arrangements of game music tend to be better imo. However, I'm excited to get my hands on the rest because it seems that there are a few promising tracks.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom