• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BW004 - Battle Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL at "everyone" calling Don whoever the pedo-man. Wow with that art he looks nothing like the stereotype (confused, check the official TV Tokyo Best Wishes Character page). He looks like your typical "beefy" karate master.

Hey that makes me think of something. The title says something about a mysterious Pokemon maybe their debuting the Karate Pokemon (or Mr. Smiley face) since it seems like Don would have it (and thus Ash battles it, maybe).

You already knew old man was the Battle Club master? Geez, I'm never in the loop. Anyway, the final piece of the puzzle is in place, sort of. We now know who everyone is, but we still have yet to see fluffy bat make an appearance other than what it did in the previews, and the answer to why the starter evos were on the leak. It is now apparent that the reference was not just for the first 3 episodes. I do not expect to see the evos in the anime any time soon, though.

You already knew old man was the Battle Club master? Geez, I'm never in the loop.

I think I may know what you're talking about, but it comes from an extended summary of this episode, and it mentions "Don" as the Battle Club Master.

So hopefully that's what you meant, because otherwise we or rather I had no idea who this guy was prior to the extended summary (shame there isn't one apparently for BW003....yet).

Hey, mustache guy is the owner! Who could've guessed?

I can't believe his name is Don effin' George. He must secretly run the family business. He'll make you a trade you cannot refuse.

Wait, his name is actually Don George? That's so effin' hilarious!

Assuming that the Battle Club is an anime-only venue and a filler, this mustache guy (Don George) will only be around for the one episode?

Aha! So that's where the middle aged man will appear! Don George is a hilarious name, I agree, but if he's stronger than the humour of the name, now that's something. I am not sure if he will have the evolutions of two of the starters with him like in the character sheet, but I am definitely sure he has an Umbreon.

Now we can conclude that the anime sheet leaked earlier is official, legit, and truthful.

Yah boy Ash should have some intresting adventures with Mr.Pedo popping up every now and thanXD

I don't quite get why you (and some others) refer to the middle-aged man as a "pedophile". What's about him that make him one?

This.

I just don't see how he "looks" like a pedophile. He just looks like a middle-aged martial artist.

This.

I just don't see how he "looks" like a pedophile. He just looks like a middle-aged martial artist.

He doesn't look like a pedophile but put him in different cloths and he looks like a middle-aged Mexican worker, whether he be illegal or not. :lol:

Shouldn't Don George be in Aqua Teen Hunger Force?

I believe it has been established since the beginning of Kanto that most martial arts practicioners in this anime are middle-aged men wearing karate jumpsuits.

From what we have seen in the beta artwork, Don George apparently owns an Umbreon.

...I liked how he looked on the beta sheet better. :(

...I liked how he looked on the beta sheet better. :(

Agreed...

Also, apparently pokemon anime began to using english-y names for her characters: Iris, Dent(o), Don George, Shooty, Dan...

It is a clue for Isshu's real world counterpart? :)

Does is even matter where Isshu is based off?
Don George is an awesome name.

I have a feeling he'll be following Ash&co like Scott did.

So Futachimaru and Janoby are confirmed for this episode.

Seriously though, it's only the fourth episode of BW and the starter evos are already making their debuts!? And that too why only leave Chaobuu out of the fun?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom