• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

When Do You Use Your Masterball???

The Magneton

Reaction score
Hello there, TKM with a rather random thread. So, when do you use your Masterball? I use it when I've tried so hard to get the pokemon, (I once spent all my money buying Ultraballs) then I'm thinking "THIS POKEMON WILL NOT STAY STILL, WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!" and I'm like "Damn it, I spent all of my frickin' money on poke balls and I have a Masterball!" Lol.

I don't; I like having a challenge in tracking down and catching all the legendaries, even the roaming ones. Hence why I have about six unused Master Balls sitting around unused.

I save them so I can SR for shinnies later. Like Rayquaza in SS.

It depends on how patient I'm feeling. If the Legendaries are just being jerks then I'll probably use it, but otherwise I save 'em for shinies.

I've only ever used it once on a shiny beldum that was on red hp and was using struggle, and even then i had a spare from another game.

I've never used it any other time cause of it's sentimental value.

Wait, actually i did use it another time on my brother's game... on a bidoof >:)

I haven't used one in a long time. I try to save them, on stuff like Arceus. If I ever get the chance to catch it. I struggle through the challenge of catching all the legendaries with non-Master Balls. I have quite a few saved. I did use one on Latios in SS though.... I was feeling lazy.

Usually on the roamers like Cresselia and Lati@s because they're so friggin hard to catch :banghead:

I use them on stationary Pokemon that I SR for, takes a much shorter time than having to fight them every time.

I usually save them to try at SR'ing shinies, but if I'm too lazy to catch a roaming legendary, i use it.

I save mine for roaming legendaries and shinies, but sometimes i lob a master ball at a legednary without even thinking!

Up until now, I used to use them on Version Mascots. Next one is going on Cresilia.

Back in the day, I used my one in Red on Zapdos, because I was under the mistaken impression that the only way to catch them was to use the Masterball, and then trade with others to get the records for the other legendary birds.

last time i've ever used one was back in my youth when i played FireRed, i threw it on a Zapdos that would NOT stay in the pokeballs :S Then picture me when i realized i still had a roaming Suicune to catch and a Mewtwo to find >.<

I only use a Master Ball on legendaries if I simply have had no luck in getting them. With some of the stationary critters if I have had to reset 10 times (used all my other balls and it hasn't worked) then I'll Master Ball it. I can't say for the roamers as I give up on them quite easily.

I have always used the Master Ball to catch the first legendary that appears in the game.

I use Master Ball to a legendary Pokémon, if I'm soft resetting for good IVs and nature for it. For an example I used my Master Ball for Latias in HG and Latios in SS.

For me, I would use it on those who likes to flee, since I usually have a good supply of PokeBalls with me, and only if I have more than one of those dandy Masterballs.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom