• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gym leaders/ Pokémon League

Iris is involved in the plot of the games somewhat. She was seen in a temple alongside a man (presumed to be her father or grandfather), who was talking about Zekrom and Reshiram.

Well, both pokemon are dragons and are legendary pokemon. Iris using Dragon-type pokemon and having a "Legend Badge" should be no coincidence. As far as we know right now, Iris and her family (community) are important to the plot.

I am really disappointed with the Gym Leader Types.
I really like there is another Ground-Type and Bug-Type Gym. But i was REALLY hoping for a Dark, and a Poison Gym. So other Gen Without Dark Type.

I Like the idea of an Electric Type Woman, but not as a Gym, instead she to be an E4.
Ice gym is for third time THE 7TH Gym of the Region and was use in Last Gen so it becomes boring.
Dragon great, but the last Gym of the region, is identical to Clair.
So E4 is going to be: Rock,Steel,Poison,Dark,Psychic,Fighting.
Not more Dark E4, we wanted a Gym.

I guess I'm popular.

How can Dragon in 8th place be a cliche, it only happened once before, 3 Generations ago, back in Gen 2.
Clichéd, as in, the mighty Dragons must be the final obstacle before reaching the Elite 4.

I don't care for 1st Gyms all that much, but the 8th Gym is usually meant to be a bit special. Gen 1 had Giovanni, Gen 2 had Clair and her dragons, then Blue and his crew, Gen 3 had the Water master-then-turned-champion Wallace, and in Gen 4 we got Volkner. Why couldn't the dragons be Gym #3-7? Why do they have to be the last Gym again?

They hate the poison type every gen. There hasn't been a posion gym since Fuschia City if I'm not mistaken, and theres never really any powerful poison types, just look at competitive battling, apart from gengar who is mainly Ghost, no one really uses poison types as they are all really rubbish.
I single out this gen specifically because not only are we denied another Poison Gym Leader yet again, but there is a meager amount of Poison-types in general.

On the flipside, the number of Ice Pokemon is equal to the number of Poison Pokemon, and yet we have another Ice-type Gym. Exactly how does that work?

Your evidence that she is plot centric is where exactly?

I'm guessing they choose Dento because as you can see from the anime clips, Ash gets a Mijumaru, logic dictates they'd follow the same pattern of facing the strongest type in the gym like in the games. Also Grass is generally seen as being before Fire then Water as in all pokedex's so they probably just picked the first one, and gave Ash Mijumaru so he'd be weak against Dento.

In one of the screenshots that was translated, Iris was visible and it was stating how the power of the Dragon wasn't ready to be tackled or something like that. I'll have to look it up to get the specifics. The building they were housed in was the Dragon Tower and you could tell where it was from the map of Isshu.

Basically, combined with the fact that she's in the anime, has some connection to Dragons, and is now a confirmed Gym Leader, she's bound to have a role.

EDIT: Ah, here it is:

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showpost.php?p=2127953&postcount=231

BW_Prerelease_Iris_game.png

ドラゴンポケモンを めざめさせる ほうほうは わからぬ・・・
"I have no idea how to awake the dragon Pokemon..."

It's great that you can "unabashedly" make such a bold claim without any evidence whatsoever to back it up.
There will be Gym Leaders and they will have roles within the game. Seems pretty straight forward.

Am I sensing sour grapes?

Has this image been posted here yet? I've looked back through today's posts in most recent threads, and haven't seen it. Anyway, figured I'd post it just in case. It's another image from the manual.

68126478.jpg

I posted some pictures from slowkingsley in the Confirmed info thread, which seems to be getting glanced over. It had that picture in there. They said it was from the new Famitsu though.

Oooh, kanji in Poddo's script! :)
Anyways isn't Kamitsure the Japanese name for a daisy? And isn't Yaakon the Japanese name for some sort of potato/beet vegetable?

I posted some pictures from slowkingsley in the Confirmed info thread, which seems to be getting glanced over. It had that picture in there. They said it was from the new Famitsu though.

Ah, that explains why I didn't see them. I remember that post of yours, but the links were dead for me.

Am I the only one who kinda saw Iris as the last Gym leader coming? Well, inb all honesty, I didn't really think she'd be the last Gym Leader, but I did think that she would be a Gym Leader of some rank.

I really can't see a reason for them not making a Dark gym in 4 Generations. Someone should ask that question. It really intrigues me. But I can live with it. It makes that type more special IMO.

1. Water/Fire/Grass
that's new. It's goin' to be tough regardless of which starter you choose! Nice!

2. Normal
Considering Whitney's Miltank was such a threat to many players I would say Aloe's Buffalon will be a similar challenge.

3. Bug
I would have preferred it if it were one of the last gyms but anyway. Glad to have another and hopefully a real challenge this time. (At least we KNOW there is no Kakuna/Metapod!)

4. Electric
We're going to get very cool new Electric types so this should be interesting. Would've left the type out this time but oh well.

5. Ground
YES! It's about time we got another. Good choice.

6. Flying
2nd YES! Another good choice. I'm sure the main Pokemon will be Wargle!

7. Ice
Considering we only get 3 Ice lines it's a weird choice. Would've preferred Poison here.

8. Dragon
Iris. I knew it. this will be a badass gym with so many unique dragons in a generation and a real challenge. It deserves the last slot and should be the first Dragon gym where the leader actually does have a choice of different Pokemon. (I'm looking at you , Clair!)

I'm pleased.

8. Dragon
Iris. I knew it. this will be a badass gym with so many unique dragons in a generation and a real challenge. It deserves the last slot and should be the first Dragon gym where the leader actually does have a choice of different Pokemon. (I'm looking at you , Clair!)

Clair is still the best. ;D Iris though has greatly pleased me since she was revealed in the anime, I hope every Gym Leader gets a Wargle, because it's the most epic Pokemon since Umbreon.

Then again, it'd be less special if everyone had one. And DENCHURA!!!!! And Shikijika, they're all full of win, can't wait for my local import games store to have it in, they said tomorrow. T^T <-Waiting isn't my thing.

The gyms are kinda of dual:eek:hdear:

we were promise non-type dreams and we get the same ol same Ol
gamefreak is just lazy now and ready to make a quick buck

first gym should be

1. fire/water/grass(but you battle all three boys)
2. aloe(High Attack Team)
3. sunny day team
4. dark gym(since there needs to be one)
5. triple battle gym
6. Ground gym
7. High HP gym
8. Trick room gym

the gyms look really neat and pretty but they are stale

we already battle all of those in heartgold/soulsilver

time for a change game freak!

atleast this has more effort then diamond/pearl.

I guess I'm popular.

Clichéd, as in, the mighty Dragons must be the final obstacle before reaching the Elite 4.

I don't care for 1st Gyms all that much, but the 8th Gym is usually meant to be a bit special. Gen 1 had Giovanni, Gen 2 had Clair and her dragons, then Blue and his crew, Gen 3 had the Water master-then-turned-champion Wallace, and in Gen 4 we got Volkner. Why couldn't the dragons be Gym #3-7? Why do they have to be the last Gym again?
It's the power difference, around lv 20 most pokemon are still the same, a lv 20 Dratini vs a lv 20 oh i dunno something random, lv 20 Noctowl, is pretty evenly matched, I'd even have money on the Noctowl to win as the early moveset for dragons is limited "twister all the way" but a lv 50 dragonite is much more powerful than a lv 50 Noctowl, so as to get the most power and challenge from the dragons, they make them the higher levels. Plus maybe it is a bit of a cliche but dragon is seen by many as the ultimate type ever since gen 2 really weakend psychic, it'd look odd to have any high ranking types early on. Like you never have a Ice type early on, or have a Psychic type early on. there supposed to be a tough challenge at the end.

There will be Gym Leaders and they will have roles within the game. Seems pretty straight forward.

Am I sensing sour grapes?

And what exactly would there be sour grapes about? That's a saying for when someone is wrong and didn't get their way, and doesn't like it. I was just asking for evidence as I'd not heard this news before, and you backed it up with evidence when asked so I believe it. What exactly is there to have sour grapes about???

The gyms are kinda of dual:eek:hdear:

we were promise non-type dreams and we get the same ol same Ol
gamefreak is just lazy now and ready to make a quick buck

first gym should be

1. fire/water/grass(but you battle all three boys)
2. aloe(High Attack Team)
3. sunny day team
4. dark gym(since there needs to be one)
5. triple battle gym
6. Ground gym
7. High HP gym
8. Trick room gym

the gyms look really neat and pretty but they are stale

we already battle all of those in heartgold/soulsilver

time for a change game freak!

Well after Obama there's only so much change you can take.

I think Game Freak have changed so much, anymore and it might almost be a different game, (slight hyperbole there) if you want a change from the Usual pokemon, dig out an old digimon game instead. Although I like this whole new change to Pokemon, it does have to retain some elements. Otherwise its a different game all together.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom