• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

YOU are a Gym Leader (or Elite Four)

Re: If you were a gym leader...

Flamingshard Town

Fire Type Gym

Here's the Pokemon I would use:
Flareon
Magmortar
Quilava
Blaziken

Badge: The Lavaspike Badge

Tubipora City - is an island city; like Cinnabar Island & Sootopolis.

Water Type Gyrm

Pokemons:

Corsola
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock

Gorebyss
- Amnesia
- Iron Defense
- Baton Pass
- Surf

Huntail
- Rain Dance
- Waterfall
- Toxic
- Confuse Ray

Vaporeon
- substitute
- surf
- ice beam
- haze

Lanturn
- Surf
- Thunder Bolt
- Thunder Wave
- Confuse Ray

Badge: Soft Coral Badge

Last edited:

Quo City

Normal Type Gym

Team:

Fourth or Sixth Gym
Clefable
Dodrio
Snorlax
Ursaring
Togekiss (Strongest)
Zangoose

Badge: Versatility Badge

My signature TM would be Swords Dance

Blackmud city

Type: Ground

Pokemon:
Garchomp (ace)
Rhyperior
Swampert
Torterra
Gliscor
Hippowdown

Fissure Badge

Tm 26 - Earthquake, of course

City: Sablecliff City.

Type: Steel.

Position: 3rd or 4th Gym.

Team:
Lairon
Scizor
Magneton
Aggron (strongest)

Badge: Tungsten Badge.

TM: Flash Cannon.

City: Powato town

Badge: Talent badge

Pokes:
Gardevoir (ace) w/ sitrus berry
Charmeleon w/ charcoal
Dratini w/ king's rock
Ditto w/ choice scarf

Tm-29 (psychic)

Dialogue-
Start-"Excellent to see you, trainer! I knew together we could drive those grunts out of town. I hope you studied well at the pokemon trainer's school, because I have a lot to teach you about battling!"

Win- "What... I don't even... Congradulations! You beat me..."

Lose- "Alas, even the strongest challenger cannot beat me... Oh well, perhaps I should become Champion?"

Basically, this is a Gym Leader #8.

City: Penumbra City (Uncreative, I know.)

Type: Dark

Badge: Cunning Badge

TM: 66 (Payback)

Sharpedo Lv.47
No item / Rough Skin
- Surf
- Crunch
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake

Of course I'd include Sharpedo. It's my Gym Leader fantasy, LOL. It's an all-out mixed attacker.

Drapion Lv.48
No item / Battle Armor
- Poison Jab
- Payback
- Aqua Tail
- Toxic Spikes

It's a tank that can set up Toxic Spikes to make the match very annoying.

Weavile Lv.48
No item / Pressure
- Bite
- Ice Punch
- Brick Break
- Swords Dance

Something that attempts a sweep with Swords Dance. Bite's there because it's not that weak, and it has a 30% flinch rate for frustration.

Spiritomb Lv.49
No item / Pressure
- Payback
- Confuse Ray
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Sneak

Tough thing to bring down, and very annoying, as well, thanks to the status moves.

Sazandora Lv.50
Sitrus Berry / Levitate
- Dragon Rush
- Dark Pulse
- Body Slam
- Fire Blast

The destructive star of the team, and a mixed attacker, like Sharpedo. Body Slam's there for paralysis.

Quotes:

Pre-battle:
So, you're one of the few who have made it this far.
I suppose you believe you're strong enough to challenge the Pokemon League.
As much as I applaud your enthusiam, that claim itself will get you nowhere.
To really grow as a Trainer, you must have true strength, cunning, and determination.
As an example, those three qualities brought me to where I am now.
As the conduit to the Pokemon League, I shall be the one to judge your worth.
Prepare yourself!

Last Pokemon:
Don't overestimate your power. You haven't defeated me yet.

Last Pokemon at 50%- HP:
Well, well. You just might beat me, after all.

Defeated:
Hm. You truly are up to the task.

Post-battle:
I bow to your strength. You truly are worthy.
As proof of your worth, I bestow upon you the Cunning Badge.
*Cunning Badge appears in badge case*
With this Badge, all Pokemon obtained through trades will unquestioningly obey your word.
It is also the key to that final destination you seek: the Pokemon League.
Before you leave. I have one more prize for you.
*player obtains TM66*
That TM contains the move Payback.
That vengeful move become twice as forceful if the one using it moves last.
I highly suggest teaching it to something that does not favor speed.

town: greenfield town
type:grass
pokemon:jaroda
torterra
hahakurimo
leafeon

badge: evergreen badge

Town: Sugarcane Harbor: it would be like Hiun City, but not quite as incredibly large (Maybe Saffron city sized? Maybe between the two), and instead of a desert it would feature farm land/forestry. Sort of like Lilycove City.

Position: 6th/7th Gym

Type: Grass

Conditions to get in:
* Meet leader at the Pokemart.
* Beat Team (we'll go with Plasma) in Sugarcane Harbor.

Gym Puzzle:
* Large plants/trees around the gym, as well as wooden platforms. To get to the leader, you have to jump from the right plant/tree/platform to the next; if you pick the wrong one then you fall to the floor. There will be some trainers awaiting on the platforms that won't move until you beat them. If you leave the gym and re-enter, the trainers will still stand to the side to let you through.

Pokemon:

* Ludicolo Lv.37/43

* Doredia Lv.36/42

* Hahakomori Lv.37/43

* Mebukajika Lv.39/45

Badge: Chlorophyll Badge

TM: Leaf Blade

Ability to use Surf outside of battle. Also able to take the local ferry to the next city/event island/Battle Frontier (once available, of course). Ability to get past the 6th/7th guard at the Victory Road/Elite Four entrance.

Not sure about quotes or moves. Heh.

Knuckleberry Town
Type: Fighting
Pokémon: Gallade, Blaziken, Breloom, Lucario, Heracross, and Poliwrath

I'd be giving out the Tekken Badge! :lol:

Town: Victorium City
Type: Is Baby Pokemon a type?
Pokemon: Happiny, Magby, Pichu, Mantyke, Riolu, Smoochum.
Badge: The Simple Badge

Last edited:

Town: Twin Island
Type: Ice/Psychic
Badge: The Duo Badge
Pokemon:
1) Grumpig - Psychic - Lv42 - Payback, Snore, Rest, Zen Headbutt.
2) Froslass - Ice/Ghost - Lv42 - Ice Shard, Captivate, Ominous Wind, Wake-Up Slap.
3) Gallade - Psychic/Fighting - Lv46 - Psycho Cut, False Swipe, Feint, Hyper Beam (by TM).
4) Abomasnow - Ice/Grass - Lv47 - (Strongest Pokemon) - Blizzard, Wood Hammer, Ice Shard, Avalanche (by TM).
5) Exeggutor - Grass/Psychic - Lv44 - Wood Hammer, Egg Bomb, Hypnosis, Dream Eater (by TM).
6) Lapras - Water/Ice - Lv45 - Brine, Ice Beam, Perish Song, Avalanche (by TM).
TM: Avalanche and Dream Eater

Last edited:
So me and a large group in my area are creating our own "Region", if you will. This Friday we are starting to rank each other in terms of ideas, battling, and leadership (mostly just battling). Then we will take on challengers and hand out badges for winners (later on, we may take take on apprenticeships so this can continue down the road).

So I must ask everyone: If you were a gym leader and used only one typing of pokemon, what would it be? I also, would like to know, why? You don't need to make a new Gym Leader, YOU are them. We don't need to know their personality.

EDIT:
I use fighting types for my Gym team but Ground types are still overall my favorite. I will have a great fighting team and a great ground team eventually, with oddities like Mismagious and Mawile (loves me some Mawile!)

Last edited:
I have two answers to this. Based on my personal preferences, I would like to specialize in Dragons (as if you couldn't already guess from my username). Strategically, however, the Dark-type may be a better choice, since it can be paired very well with other types that negate its weaknesses, like Ghost (Spiritomb) and Flying (Honchkrow). Besides, Dark-types got thoroughly screwed in the gym circuits. I mean, five generations and still no Dark-type gym?

I would use Ground type Pokemon. Not only are they creative, most have evenly-balanced stats, and I like that when I'm searching for Pokemon. So Ground type it is.

I have two answers to this. Based on my personal preferences, I would like to specialize in Dragons (as if you couldn't already guess from my username). Strategically, however, the Dark-type may be a better choice, since it can be paired very well with other types that negate its weaknesses, like Ghost (Spiritomb) and Flying (Honchkrow). Besides, Dark-types got thoroughly screwed in the gym circuits. I mean, five generations and still no Dark-type gym?

So do you acutally like most of the (6 in US) dragons? I mean I love Dragons in general but as far as pokemon go, I really only like the new one and Flygon. So mainly you go for more the logical choice rather than, this is what I like because I like it? But I mean the Elite Four go further than the Gyms and there has been Dark Elite Four since 2nd Gen (I believe I am correct in saying this?).

I would use Ground type Pokemon. Not only are they creative, most have evenly-balanced stats, and I like that when I'm searching for Pokemon. So Ground type it is.

See I love this Logic, Ground-types are my favorite overall, I fell in love with Nidoking and there-in with most others. I do find them to be the most balanced pokemon too. But you like them mostly, because you like them?

So do you acutally like most of the (6 in US) dragons? I mean I love Dragons in general but as far as pokemon go, I really only like the new one and Flygon. So mainly you go for more the logical choice rather than, this is what I like because I like it? But I mean the Elite Four go further than the Gyms and there has been Dark Elite Four since 2nd Gen (I believe I am correct in saying this?).

Yes, there are Dark-type E4 trainers. I'm just saying that out of 40 gyms in the games, at least one could be Dark. As for your first point, I'd still like to run a Dragon gym, but there's still one issue: the way the original question is worded, all of my Pokemon would have to be Dragon-type, and I also like Pokemon that are draconic without being Dragon-type (like Charizard). I'd actually like it more if it were more like the IPGL, where gym leaders can have up to two Pokemon not of the chosen type if they can use at least one move of the type. Then, I would be able to have a Dragon Claw Charizard and a Dragon Pulse Lucario, or something like that.

Personally, I would use the Ground-type. A lot of my favourite Pokémon belong to that type (Donphan, Meguroko line, Mamoswine, Flygon).

I'd be electric without a doubt, as it's my favorite type. I love yellow and electricity, so there's really not much more to say. xD

I'd use Emonga, Pikachu/Raichu, Luxray, Pachirisu, Denchura, and Zeburaika. Too bad I can't use every single electric type thanks to the six Pokemon limit.

Poison type is a confounding type that can both poison and confuse the opponent. It is often underestimated, which is the weakness of many.

I'd use Seviper, Dasutodasu, Nidoking, Muk, Skuntank and a Toxicroak.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom