• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "FUUUUU" moments :D

Today my Hatoopoo evolved. Good thing.
Except for I've been mistaking the two forms of Kenhorou.
Result I didn't got the form I wanted, the one with the pink ribbon-mask stuff. Instead I got the brown pheasant.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I was ticked off in the Radio Tower, because the Team Rocket members kept scoring critical hits and successful status problem attacks.

Just happened an hour ago... I was trying to catch Entei, and even used Mean Look with my Umbreon.
But it uses ROAR... (I was at first like, "Is it supposed to work like that?!?!)

That Entei escaped from me three times with the same method... Paralyzing doesn't help... And I don't want to use the Master Ball for it... Saving that for later.

A friend who I first met on this very site ten years ago came to visit me with his girlfriend for the first time a couple months ago.

He bought his DS and we had a couple of battles via Battle Revolution. He doesn't EV train and I'd only just started to so I only had 3 EV trained Pokemon in my team of 6 (Ninetales, Quagsire and Staraptor).

I can't remember exactly how it went down but EV training certainly didn't help me in this instance as I came up against his Substitute/Spore/Leech Seed/Focus Punch Breloom. We don't observe any clauses so I was basically screwed. Staraptor was already down and I couldn't get anything in without it being put to sleep. MY GOD IT WAS ANNOYING (of all the times not to have my signature Pokemon Noctowl -_-).

The other instance was also during one of the battles, I had Quagsire out (max HP and defense) and got Amnesia up. He has Togekiss use Metronome, it summons HORN DRILL...:dumb:

I couldn't help but be amused though. Incidentally, do attacks summoned by metronome have 100% accuracy? Otherwise that was one lucky omelette.

Everytime I order my Dragonite to use "Dragon Rush", and it misses against Lance's Dragonite in HG, I do a lot of cursing. -.-

Anytime I try to catch a Pokemon with a low catch rate or when I get KO'ed by a critical hit.

If you KO'd a shiny that you only wanted to lower down to the red for a safe catch, you'll hate criticals that much more.

Bastard computer...

When I can't find the pokémon I'm looking for... despite not being so uncommon. But when I'm NOT on search, I see it everywhere.

Everytime an OHKO fails for a little I'm just able to look to the sky answering "WHYYYYYY...?". BTW, I HATE ability Sturdy in B/W, because now works as a Focus Sash.

Pokémon B/W has sometimes absurd encounter rates. Sometimes I can't even walk two steps without run into a wild pokémon... even with Murandoo and Intimidate leading the team.

Bonus track: I spent hours looking for a Feebas in Emerald. For each time I got another Magikarp I had less and less patience. But I tried so many times that I found a shiny Magikarp before finding the Feebas spot. Luckily I was able to catch it. Everything went better than expected.

I just remembered a recent one. I just reached Isshu's Pokémon League, but I wanted to train a little before facing Elite 4. So I decided to explore the place. However I forgot to save before entering and I accidentally entered the E4 hall... I was out of heal items and Revives, I had just 5 Max Revives I wanted to save for final battles and my Pokémon were just lv45. At least I managed to defeat two E4 and earned more money than what I lost.

Way back in Gen I; first encounter after entering the Safari Zone:

"The POKEMON BOX is full! Can't use that item!"

FFFUUU!!!

And more recently (though also in Gen I) having caught a Pinsir and a Scyther in Yellow's Safari Zone, I turned the game on to be greeted with the words: "NEW GAME"

But the worst was when I was playing my Gold ROM, I was in the trainer house fighting a trainer with a Level 0 Primeape. The referee objected to me battling a Level 0 Pokémon, so she stopped the match. However she failed to pass this message on to the game, so the game froze. I tried pressing random buttons to make it unfreeze, but one of them reset the game to "How many mins?". Whatever it was it also deleted the save file, so I lost my new Ho-oh and both my shinies. (not including the Red Gyarados)

My son in the future heard the FFFUUU!!! from that. (you get a cookie if you got that reference)

Sounds like you're having a rough time with your save data. I've been there; all 3 of my GBA games have glitched both in-play and file-wise at least once, and my Yellow file was once deleted, and so was this FRLG file which contained Entei, only for it to fuck up and lose the ability to save (damn you, Thailand and your cheap shit!).

That and, my Gold is running low on batteries, a consequence I fear, as I caught all the legendary dogs in normal balls, have a team of 70-80s (the dogs included) and a few 100s, as well. NOOO

My most "FUUUUU" moment was when I lost my first and only shiny Pokémon due to critical hit.

My biggest "FUUUUUUUU" moment would probley have been wayyy back in diamond...
I was in the one cave below the bicycle path and I was helping the girl with pink hair Mira I think? Well we were just walking walking...
*battle music*
A WILD ZUBUT APPEARED!
*sees that the zubat was green*
OMG A SHINY ZUBAT!!!!
*Is about to throw ultra ball*
You can't catch pokemon with someon else!*or something like that*
Me:FUUUUUUU
*switches pokemon*
*Mira kills it*
Me:....FUUUUUU
Never saw another shiny again....
Never used her in the battle tower either!

Also when I made a game in platnuim I relied on my strater the whole time...(I was a bad trainer back then)
Til' I got to Byron(spl?)
Never played it again for 6 months...
Later...
*Has completed SS and has no games to play*
Let restart platnuim!
*restarts does alot of good training beats Roark*
(at floroma(spl?) town)
Me: I better save for now...
*clicks save*
I'm sorry their is already a save file you will have to delete that one(or something like that)
Me:....FUUUUUUU
It wasn't that big of a deal but I was just really mad...

Oh an when I was a stupid trainer in diamond I used my master ball on Dialga...

Finding out you can't get Eevee in emerald.
FUUUUUUU-

Same here. Worse than that, I was pretty sure Eevee was located on the Safari Zone post-E4 expansion. Spent a long time looking for it. If I had internet in my home that moment...

I just found a wild Tyranitar in Pokémon White. Yes, a Tyranitar. I attacked with Dig, leaving it with a little more than half HP. I thought (oh, if with a Dig I leave that HP, with a second Dig I would leave it in red and could try to catch it). Critical hit. Facepalm. FFFFFUUUU.

My most "FUUUUU" moment was when I lost my first and only shiny Pokémon due to critical hit.

I felt your pain back in '07 when I killed my first shiny too, man. It's bound to scar you for life; I even never played Diamond again after a month of tries to reenact the incident (pre-critical). :(

A few days ago, at the battle factory in emerald.

I was facing off against the last trainer of the round, with his last pokemon versus my last two (Hypno and Blissey)

It turns out to be a Nidoking, and uses Horn drill on Hypno. Horn drill connects, KO'ing my pokemon. Out goes Blissey. Her moveset is this:

Toxic
Double team
Sing
Softboiled

...... Absolutely NO WAY to kill a Nidoking. Well, I think to myself, I could get it down to using struggle and beat it. So, Nidoking misses a few times wiht horn drill, and hits with double kick a few times. Meanwhile, I'm double teaming blissey until its evasion is maxed out, and softboiling all damage. Finally, this played out:

NIdoking used Horn Drill!

.... It's a One Hit KO!

Really? A base accuracy of 30 used on a fully evasion maxed blieesy CONNECTS?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom