• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black and White Help thread (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little by Little (Move)

Can anyone clarify for me how this move works? Bulbapedia says it ignores the targets defense, but every other site I've checked (Serebii, Veekun, etc) say it only ignores changes to the target's stats. So stuff like defense curl/acid armor. Which is it? Does it ignore all defense and always deals maximum damage, or does it only ignore defense boosts?

Mummy (ability)

I've read about the Mummy ability, and I don't quite get it. So, it kind of works like a Sticky Barb, but an ability as opposed to a hold item?
And is it permanent? If, say, a Tsutarja gained Mummy, would that be irrevocable, or can it be undone (e.g. by healing it at a Pokemon Centre or something)?
And, finally, is it also like an ability version of Gastro Acid? If an Umbreon with Synchronise suddenly gets Mummy instead, does it still pass on status inflictions?

The coffin pokemon doesn't keep me up at night. This does.

Re: Mummy (ability)

I've read about the Mummy ability, and I don't quite get it. So, it kind of works like a Sticky Barb, but an ability as opposed to a hold item?
And is it permanent? If, say, a Tsutarja gained Mummy, would that be irrevocable, or can it be undone (e.g. by healing it at a Pokemon Centre or something)?
And, finally, is it also like an ability version of Gastro Acid? If an Umbreon with Synchronise suddenly gets Mummy instead, does it still pass on status inflictions?

It only works in battle. Outside of battle, it's gone.

It happens when you physically attack a Desukaan

And, for my own question:

Can someone tell me these moves?

Angiesmoves.jpg

I'm pretty sure that the second one is Thunderwave, and that the first one is definitely Tackle. The other two I'm not sure about. I wanna know so I can go train it /D

Last edited:
Re: Little by Little (Move)

Can anyone clarify for me how this move works? Bulbapedia says it ignores the targets defense, but every other site I've checked (Serebii, Veekun, etc) say it only ignores changes to the target's stats. So stuff like defense curl/acid armor. Which is it? Does it ignore all defense and always deals maximum damage, or does it only ignore defense boosts?

I'm going to assume you mean Sacred Sword. It ignores changes.

It only works in battle. Outside of battle, it's gone.

It happens when you physically attack a Desukaan

And, for my own question:

Can someone tell me these moves?

Angiesmoves.jpg

I'm pretty sure that the second one is Static, and that the first one is definitely Tackle. The other two I'm not sure about. I wanna know so I can go train it /D
Tackle, Thunderwave, Spark and Charge Beam.
Global Link keeps on throwing out my Game Sync Code...why?
vesu83.jpg
It's saying it was input wrong. If you have any letters in your code like D/O/0 I/1 Z/2 S/5 V/Y maybe one was mistaken for the wrong letter?

You are referring to Little By Little, right? Little By Little is simple, it ignores Defense totally. So regardless of the target's Defense, Little By Little will do maximum damage (making it a powerful move).

That Guy said:

When Desukan (or its pre-evolution) is hit with a Physical move, the opponent's Ability is turned into Mummy. So, to use an example, Pokabu uses Nitro Charge on Desukan. Since Nitro Charge is a Physical move, its ability (Blaze) is turned into Mummy. The effects only last for the battle, but basically it acts similar to Gastro Acid, only it requires physical contact for it to work. And, unlike Gastro Acid, if Pokabu is hit afterwards by a different Pokemon, then the Pokemon that hit it with a Physical move will also have its Ability turned into Mummy. Basically, it just changes the opponent's Ability to Mummy for the battle. It also works the other way. If Desukan hits Pokabu with a physical attack, then Pokabu's ability is turned into Mummy. So, if either the opponent or Desukan connect a physical attack, then the other Pokemon's Ability becomes Mummy, and can pass it on. Hope that helped.

Tackle, Thunderwave, Spark and Charge Beam.

It's saying it was input wrong. If you have any letters in your code like D/O/0 I/1 Z/2 S/5 V/Y maybe one was mistaken for the wrong letter?
I've been looking at it really closely
That'd be it. That V looks a lot like a Y.
2nsx56o.jpg

Now? >>

I'm going to assume you mean Sacred Sword. It ignores changes.
You are referring to Little By Little, right? Little By Little is simple, it ignores Defense totally. So regardless of the target's Defense, Little By Little will do maximum damage (making it a powerful move).

Umm, thanks, but you guys are giving me the same problem I have from the other websites conflicting. ^_^* Sacred Sword and Little By Little both have the same effect, so yes, for all intents and purposes this question applies to both of them. But one of you says it works against changes in stats, while the other says it always works, even if a change in stats hasn't occured. So, which is it? Personally, I think it's like the '1,000 needles' move from the Final Fantasy games and always inflicts the same damage regardless of stats, but most websites out there say it only ignores stat changes, and not base stats.

Umm, thanks, but you guys are giving me the same problem I have from the other websites conflicting. ^_^* Sacred Sword and Little By Little both have the same effect, so yes, for all intents and purposes this question applies to both of them. But one of you says it works against changes in stats, while the other says it always works, even if a change in stats hasn't occured. So, which is it? Personally, I think it's like the '1,000 needles' move from the Final Fantasy games and always inflicts the same damage regardless of stats, but most websites out there say it only ignores stat changes, and not base stats.

In a sense, both are right. Both ignore all stat changes (and in Little By Little's case, the overall stat). So, Sacred Sword and Little By Little are generally the same, but the difference is Little By Little ignores the Defense stat all together while Sacred Sword just ignores stat growth, doing the same damage each time. Sacred Sword just like 1,000 Needles from FF while Little By Little is like Spirit Blast from Breath of Fire (if you've even heard of that series). Also, I'd generally ignore what sites like Serebii say, as their information is fairly off (they said Nitro Charge has a high Critical hit rate, but in fact is only raise Speed). Go more by Bulbapedia, as they are more accurate. But anyway: Sacred Sword ignores all stat changes (like the Ability Unaware) while Little By Little hits for max damage regardless of the Defense stat entirely. Hope that helped.

EDIT: what is the last box when searching on the GTS for ?

Last edited:

In a sense, both are right. Both ignore all stat changes (and in Little By Little's case, the overall stat). So, Sacred Sword and Little By Little are generally the same, but the difference is Little By Little ignores the Defense stat all together while Sacred Sword just ignores stat growth, doing the same damage each time. Sacred Sword just like 1,000 Needles from FF while Little By Little is like Spirit Blast from Breath of Fire (if you've even heard of that series). Also, I'd generally ignore what sites like Serebii say, as their information is fairly off (they said Nitro Charge has a high Critical hit rate, but in fact is only raise Speed). Go more by Bulbapedia, as they are more accurate. But anyway: Sacred Sword ignores all stat changes (like the Ability Unaware) while Little By Little hits for max damage regardless of the Defense stat entirely. Hope that helped.

Thanks, the confusion probably stems from the similar effects. Seems Sacred Sword was translated first, and had it's description applied to Little By Little.

Thanks, the confusion probably stems from the similar effects. Seems Sacred Sword was translated first, and had it's description applied to Little By Little.

They're variations on each other... what's difficult about that?

I've been looking at it really closely
That'd be it. That V looks a lot like a Y.
2nsx56o.jpg

Now? >>
You have not yet put a Pokemon to sleep. Please put a Pokemon to sleep and register [the code?] again.

At least, I hope they don't mean to reregister to the whole site again...

You have not yet put a Pokemon to sleep. Please put a Pokemon to sleep and register [the code?] again.

At least, I hope they don't mean to reregister to the whole site again...
Okay *puts on my lab coat and moves awkwardly towards Ranculus*

EDIT: How long does it take to load? >> If Ranculus isn't asleep yet, I'm going to assume something due to the movements of the quilt.

EDIT: Anyone know how to transfer Pokémon to the BW, and how to sync the game and global link when I want to leave the site?

Last edited:
There's a guy at the counter of the Fukiyose City Pokemon Center. If I talk to him, my party screen eventually comes up, as if he wants to see or trade for a Pokemon. What is he asking for?

There's a guy at the counter of the Fukiyose City Pokemon Center. If I talk to him, my party screen eventually comes up, as if he wants to see or trade for a Pokemon. What is he asking for?

He tells you what kind of Hidden Power type your Pokemon has.

Okay, so I met a Surskit in the Dream World. It wants to be friends with me. Shows up in my profile, on the notice board in my house, yet when I synced my game, I got my Munna background...and no Surskit in the High Link.

Help?

Okay, so I met a Surskit in the Dream World. It wants to be friends with me. Shows up in my profile, on the notice board in my house, yet when I synced my game, I got my Munna background...and no Surskit in the High Link.

Help?

so you went to the tree and choose it and it appeared on your board. When you went to high link? did you check all of the forest cause it could probably appear anywhere in the forest not just the first area. If its not in the forest at all, then i have no clue. Everything you say sounds correct and your surskit should be in the forest in high link

so you went to the tree and choose it and it appeared on your board. When you went to high link? did you check all of the forest cause it could probably appear anywhere in the forest not just the first area. If its not in the forest at all, then i have no clue. Everything you say sounds correct and your surskit should be in the forest in high link
Yeah, in the forest I chose it, hence why it's on my board. I checked all the large forest area...no Surskit. T_T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom