• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Simple Question / Simple (or not so) Answer thread Mark II

Who did you pick?

• Dialga

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Palkia

• Giratina

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in the Johto safari zone, and I threw mud at a ditto. Instead of simply saying that the ditto was angry, it said that "it lost its head in anger!" or something. Is it any different from just it being angry? (I only threw mud at it once)

I'm fairly sure that indicates it's severely close to fleeing. Whenever it happens, either throw bait or throw a Poke Ball and hope you catch it. Throwing mud will only end up making it run away.

I looked for this, probably not hard enough, but still ... my question is: Why Bulbasaur? Out of all 400+ Pokemon, why is everything named after him/her? Nothing against the lil dude, he is #1 after all.

Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, or Stone Edge for coverage vs. flying adversaries.

I realized I want a Gallade. Right now my pt. team has 4 special attackers and 3 of them are weak to psychic (My Infernape is mixed). I want to remedy this by bringing in Gallade. I have Gengar to counter psychics but if said Psychic strikes first it is game over. Gallade has two weaknesses with Ghost and Flying. This can be relieved by packing the three moves listed in the title and night slash. Night Slash can take out opposing psychics as well.

With Stone Edge I have 80 accuracy but 100 power. However, with Ice Punch I can fight Dragons and Flying Pokemon. I can take out the occasional grass pokemon too. I can also take out flying types who posses a resistance to electric making TP neutral. The only flying pokemon I can think of that has a resistance to ice are Moltres, Articuno, Skarmory, Charizard, Gyarados, Mantine, and Peliper.

With TP I hit water and fliers. I can also hit Gyarados for 4x.

With IP I can hit Dragons, Grass, Flying and Ground types. I can hit Garchomp, Dragonite, Salamence, Flygon, and Gliscor all for 4x damage.

With Stone Edge I can hit 4 types super effectively. Fire, Ice, Flying, and Bugs.

I don't know whether or not I should drop Roserade or Gengar. I like Roserade to set up toxic spikes, but Gengar is just an excellent pokemon. Roserade also has my only energy ball TM on her.

I looked for this, probably not hard enough, but still ... my question is: Why Bulbasaur? Out of all 400+ Pokemon, why is everything named after him/her? Nothing against the lil dude, he is #1 after all.

Other than Treeko he's the only tolerable grass starter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooh, thanks a lot! Still seems pretty cool, so ill probably bring my pokepedometer to physical training with me, hahaha. I'm kind of a closet uber nerd :] but aren't we all? (Just kidding please don't get offended, lol)

No, most of us has already come out of the closet, no offense takes:ksmile:

how exactly does one get a monozu/jiheddo/sazandora with dark pulse?whatt pokemon must it breed with?

Is the mew download starting today or is anyone else having a problem down loading mew? Every time I connect to the mystery gift it says there are none available.

Is the mew download starting today or is anyone else having a problem down loading mew? Every time I connect to the mystery gift it says there are none available.

What game are you using? It's HeartGold and SoulSilver only.

I want the mew but how does it work?

U haz helps?

If you had an event (enigma stone) in heartgold you haven't received from the shop carrier guy yet and you want to get the mew, would you have to receive it before you could get the mew or would you be able to get both or something?

They'll just accumulate for you to pick up in the order you received the Wonder Cards. The first time you talk to the delivery guy he'll give you the Enigma Stone, and if you take to him again you'll get the Mew.

Re: I want the mew but how does it work?

U haz helps?

If you had an event (enigma stone) in heartgold you haven't received from the shop carrier guy yet and you want to get the mew, would you have to receive it before you could get the mew or would you be able to get both or something?

Why don't you just pick up the stone? The event doesn't activate unless you take it to the museum.

Re: I want the mew but how does it work?

Why don't you just pick up the stone? The event doesn't activate unless you take it to the museum.
Aren't there requirements to fulfill before receiving the stone?

So, I have this Snorunt in my party on Pokemon XD and I've leveled it up to 41. I looked Snorunt up on Bulbapedia and read that it evolves at Level 42 and then Evolves if Female and exposed to a Certain Stone. I don't want it to evolve, but I don't want it to be out of my party. What do I do?

So, I have this Snorunt in my party on Pokemon XD and I've leveled it up to 41. I looked Snorunt up on Bulbapedia and read that it evolves at Level 42 and then Evolves if Female and exposed to a Certain Stone. I don't want it to evolve, but I don't want it to be out of my party. What do I do?

There are two solutions:

1) Attach an Everstone to it, which will prevent it from evolving.
2) Hold the B button every single time it tries to evolve.

But honestly? I'd recommend just evolving it. XD is a rather difficult game, and Snorunt will not be able to help you much, if at all, due to its low stats if you don't evolve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom