• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

On the Origin of Species: Mew: Investigating the inspirations behind Pokémon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm agnostic I believe in god but I find the Bible to be a load of bull. However I believe god decided what evoled and what didn't. We're talking about an all powerful being here. MAybe he was in heaven thinking... 'Hm... that bird needs a bigger/smaller beak' and bam the birds start having a smaller/larger beak

It's not that they instantly started having a larger beak,it's that because it's easier for them to get food, they are strong enough and fit enough to mate and produce offspring,of which may also have small beaks and produce more offspring because they are also fit, and so forth, eventually the larger beaked birds,because they can't find the proper and best foods,can not compete with the others

This article deserves to be given a link in Mew's species article on Bulbapedia.

I have a question for anyone with an understanding of DNA, or science above a GCSE level.
When we say that something has, say, 90% of the same DNA as us. Do we take it from their side as 90% of their DNA is in us somewhere maybe making up 5% of us or is it 90% of our DNA is in them and could be making up 5% of them?
I only thought of this whilst reading the other posts here and wondered in context to what I wrote earlier could Mew have the DNA of all other Pokémon in it making up 5% of it, or does all of its DNA happen to be re-occurring in all other Pokémon.
Though when I think about it being able to learn all moves in the game I think I might know already.

I apologize for not replying for such a long time, but I have a life outside of the internet which happens to have more priority. So instead of ignoring this conversation, I'd like to simply end it here, in case I never come back and you wonder where I have gone (but ya'll prolly dun care xD). Anyway, it was a nice litte (or rather long) chat, and provided me with useful information. I wish everyone involved the best of their pasts becoming the worsts of their future. 8D

I'm agnostic I believe in god but I find the Bible to be a load of bull. However I believe god decided what evoled and what didn't. We're talking about an all powerful being here. MAybe he was in heaven thinking... 'Hm... that bird needs a bigger/smaller beak' and bam the birds start having a smaller/larger beak

The problem with that is that "god" also decided to leave organisms with vestigial organs, such as our appendix, which is not only useless, but potentially harmful as well. You're implying that god decided to create the evolutionary fuck-ups as well. Not every mutation is a beneficial one.

The problem with that is that "god" also decided to leave organisms with vestigial organs, such as our appendix, which is not only useless, but potentially harmful as well. You're implying that god decided to create the evolutionary fuck-ups as well. Not every mutation is a beneficial one.
*Ahem*

GET BACK ON TOPIC

...please.

You could get it by going to a special Pokemon event where the Gameboy cart would be plugged into a special SNES where the Mew would be added to your party.(I think, this was 10 years ago or so)

It was a direct trade, using the link cable, between a normal cart and one sent by Nintendo which had multiple Mew to give. Went that way until DP gave us wireless distributions, since the wireless adapter only worked with FRLG and E. I got mine that way, I would know.

One thing's been bugging me:

If Mew is based on an embryo, and Dittos are Mews that lost their shape, does that mean that Dittos are abortions?

One thing's been bugging me:

If Mew is based on an embryo, and Dittos are Mews that lost their shape, does that mean that Dittos are abortions?

It's only a fan-idea that ditto are deformed mew, not actually confirmed to be true

Nah, I'd consider Ditto more of a failed Mew clone more so then a "abortion".
That and abortions are controversial and causing a uproar is not my cup of tea.

It was a direct trade, using the link cable, between a normal cart and one sent by Nintendo which had multiple Mew to give. Went that way until DP gave us wireless distributions, since the wireless adapter only worked with FRLG and E. I got mine that way, I would know.
Hm, maybe there were different types of distributions then. These pages also reference SNESes being used. Also, RSEFRLG events in the UK were never quite direct trades, you always just got the Pokemon 'added' to your party without trading for anything, depending on the event using Mystery Gift or downloading a program from another GBA with the Select+Start feature I think.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom