• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon #666

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Mew

Level 7
Reaction score
If a sixth Generation of Pokémon is ever released, it is all but inevitable that we will finally have a Pokémon with the National 'Dex Number 666 - so, what do you think it will be? Will the developers allude to the superstitious number at all, or will they ignore it? Or will they (gasp) skip over the number altogether?

I think they will ignore it and treat it like all other numbers. They don't want to bring attention to controversy.

Is the 666 thing as widely-known in Japan as it is here? If so, then there's a possibility... But honestly, I couldn't see GameFreak risking getting into trouble with religious groups anyway.

Is the 666 thing as widely-known in Japan as it is here? If so, then there's a possibility... But honestly, I couldn't see GameFreak risking getting into trouble with religious groups anyway.
*glances at 'pokégod' Arceus*

Hmm...

(616 is the real number of the devil, btw)

The next Tentacool or Zubat.

*glances at 'pokégod' Arceus*

Hmm...
It's never said in the games that Arceus = God. All Arceus is said to have created is Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Uxie, Azelf and Mesprit.

I predict Pokémon #666 will be incredibly ordinary, i.e. the Goldeen of its generation. Then its numbering will make it become an internet meme.

(616 is the real number of the devil, btw)
That's actually a highly-complex, hotly-debated issue - don't throw your opinions out like they're law. Some would argue that "666" wasn't even referring to a number in the Biblical reference, and at the moment there's really no way of knowing which theory is correct.

I highly doubt it will be that special, as it would only draw controversy from religious groups. Personally, I don't care, but that's just me.

When japanese people try to be cool and make references to western cultures, they always end prejudicated.... Mr.Satan for example, poor anime producers, they only wanted innocently to hint that Mr.Satan was an evil willed person, and they ended up being sued by every crazy catholic mothers that saw their kids watching the show

EDIT: I am an idiot and forgot about the number 5.

Last edited:
What? No it's not. There are 649 pokemon

When japanese people try to be cool and make references to western cultures, they always end prejudicated.... Mr.Satan for example, poor anime producers, they only wanted innocently to hint that Mr.Satan was an evil willed person, and they ended up being sued by every crazy catholic mothers that saw their kids watching the show

Hercuel? Yeah they changed his name in the English Dub of DBZ... I didn't know his name was different for a long time... He isn't evil though (Unless the anime shows him drastically different the Manga does)

wait... We currently have 648 Pokemon... Grass will be 649-651 Fire will be 652-654 And Water will be 655-657

Pokemon 666 will probibly be the Early Bug or Bird or Possibly Early Rodent... Nothing Special. Plus Digimon had DemiDevimom Devimon LadyDevimon Skullsatamon MarineDevimon. They never got into to much trouble why would pokemon?

Last edited:
What? No it's not. There are 649 pokemon

I made the same mistake. At first, I thought there were 659 Pokemon for some reason...

Although, I wouldn't be opposed to a demon-like Fire-type starter next gen.

Considering we're at 649 right now, 666 (if Gen VI follows previous patterns, anyway) would be an early-route or other unremkarable species. It would be cool to have a demonic-themed Legendary of some kind at #666, though. Something like Daemon from Digimon.

Hercuel? Yeah they changed his name in the English Dub of DBZ... I didn't know his name was different for a long time... He isn't evil though (Unless the anime shows him drastically different the Manga does)
Judging by your statement, guessing you've read the manga. Well, I've only watched the dubbed version but Hercule was mostly a clown, but evil? He turned Buu into one of the good guys. Heck, if it wasn't for a crazed gunman who killed Buu's puppy and triggered some weird event where he released his dark side, Hercule would have saved the entire universe from the most powerful creature alive by making friends with it.

Let's focus on Pokemon here guys.

Judging by your statement, guessing you've read the manga. Well, I've only watched the dubbed version but Hercule was mostly a clown, but evil? He turned Buu into one of the good guys. Heck, if it wasn't for a crazed gunman who killed Buu's puppy and triggered some weird event where he released his dark side, Hercule would have saved the entire universe from the most powerful creature alive by making friends with it.

Actually I never read the Manga I only watched the Anime... like oyu said he was only a goof (I was just wondering if he was evil in the manga? Yeah he did make Buu a good guy (And I guess he did so in th eManga as well Ho wOld is DBZ anyway?)

Forgot Daemon... Plus the SEVEN DEMON LORDS Digimon sure hasn't shied awa from Demon like DIgimon...

But Like I said Pokemon 666 will be an early Pokemon that will probibly be ignored (I was one off damn)Otherwise it will be in Meme only unless they do a DemiDevimon like Pokemon.

Another alternate form of Giratina

Conspiratorial theories aside, it's safe to assume that if Game Freak doesn't reference the myth, you can bet that people will find some way to make a meme out of it.

I will laugh so hard if it ends up being the new Zubat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom