• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rocketshipping General Discussion

Nothing of real interest today, but a few things amused me.

BW007_1.jpg

So the Rockets are talking to Sakaki and we get more Plasma foreshadowing by saying there's a group out there that even the Rockets don't know about, blah blah blah.

BW007_2.jpg

I like how as soon as the call ends Musashi's attitude comes back and she puts a hand on her hip.

BW007_3.jpg

Don't bother looking at Nyasu while he's talking.

BW007_4.jpg

Kojiro says some stuff that Musashi and Nyasu seem to agree with, then Tsutarja appears. Naturally, Junki has Musashi try to catch it.

BW007_5.jpg

But instead of Koromori she has Nyasu attack for some reason. Guess he's only useful as their slave? Oh Takegami...

BW007_6.jpg

After Tsutarka gets away, Musashi and Kojiro stare at it and... that's it. With that look on their faces you'd think they'd go after it, but that's the last we see of them. That look just strikes me as really hilarious. You'd think their master plan of world domination had been foiled or something.

For those keeping track at home, the only times in BW that Musashi and Kojiro look at Nyasu has been the two Junki epiosdes. And in both of those, they (Well, I guess just Musashi) just kinda use him to do what they want.

On another note...

I was searching for Rocketshipping on Bulbapedia today, but I accidentally searched Bulbanews instead. Turns out Rocketshipping was mentioned in an opinion column four years ago.

See RocketShipping, which has had more off-again/on-again twists and turns than a soap opera.

I've never, ever, thought about the ship that way before. Sweet Baby James was just two months old in America (ironic how the good hoso aired just a month before that in America), so I guess I can see where this is coming from. Not sure how Musashi and Kojiro were "on" to begin with, but I guess that's just how the fandom was back then.

It feels such a waste to have little rocket screentime in a Takegami episode. Yawn...

And I don't know what they will do next week (the animation is wicked though, and it's the same animator who animated BW002!). I just hope Kojiro won't catch a Darumakka or anything. ;P

I remember thinking that it was an off/on thing when I was watching through the series. In AG it felt like Kojiro wanted away from Musashi, and in DP Musashi wanted away from Kojiro. But I don't think like that anymore, though I still think Musashi might have a "I might just leave back to Sinnoh if this doesn't work" attitude if things got really bad for them someday. That's probably just me, though.

In AG it felt like Kojiro wanted away from Musashi, and in DP Musashi wanted away from Kojiro.

Kojiro wanted away from her (especially his Pokemon) in DP too. But did Musashi really want to be away from him? I can't really think of any examples of that aside from DP117.

though I still think Musashi might have a "I might just leave back to Sinnoh if this doesn't work" attitude if things got really bad for them someday. That's probably just me, though.

Eh, I don't really see that. Unless you don't mean she'd go back alone?

Kojiro wanted away from her (especially his Pokemon) in DP too. But did Musashi really want to be away from him? I can't really think of any examples of that aside from DP117.
It's mostly about DP117, because back then I was surprised how bad Kojiro fell apart when Musashi left him. And then, after that, it just felt that she put her contests above him, and he didn't like it for some time.
Eh, I don't really see that. Unless you don't mean she'd go back alone?
I didn't mean her to be serious about it. :p Like, if she got really angry or offended by her friends, I could see her saying that. And then Kojiro gets upset and romantic-ish drama happens.

And then, after that, it just felt that she put her contests above him, and he didn't like it for some time.

He didn't like it before DP117. After that he was cheering her on.

I didn't mean her to be serious about it. :p Like, if she got really angry or offended by her friends, I could see her saying that. And then Kojiro gets upset and romantic-ish drama happens.

I can't see her not being serious in BW. The latter just sounds like DP117 again.

Hi there, may I pleaaaase join. The Rockets are too damn adorable together, and Rocketshipping is too epic not to love. I absolutely love how Jessie and James support each other and stick together. Thanks Musashi, for the reference again! :)

Musashi said:
I've never, ever, thought about the ship that way before. Sweet Baby James was just two months old in America (ironic how the good hoso aired just a month before that in America), so I guess I can see where this is coming from. Not sure how Musashi and Kojiro were "on" to begin with, but I guess that's just how the fandom was back then.

idk if it was as much being seen as "on" as having the potential to go somewhere and then bouncing randomly back to a huge setback to theri potential relationship. See: all of AG, as Meron pointed out. Going from the hosos to the lame, neverending dry spell, and then on to movie 8, which was followed right up by the Chiriin episode. You're right about that, but it was like that pretty much throughout. I'm not sure what prompted the guy you were reading to post that article specifically, but I think that's exactly what the fandom felt like. Sure, some people did think it was an actual 'thing,' a canon pairing that was being set back, but most people just saw it as the feeling of their relationship constantly fluctuating.

Also, and I hate to bring this up again, but it's been bothering me. Why is it that friendship with Meowth is seen as a bad thing? I just don't get how that would be a negative factor in their 2-person relationship; it's not like he's a romantic threat or anything (lol) and the habit of ignoring him only reflects badly on J/J as characters. It makes them seem cold and uncaring to brush off and disregard a person who is supposedly a very close friend. Cold and uncaring people don't always make for the greatest relationships so I don't see how it works out for the better.

You don't need to ask, not like we're gonna murder you or anything. xD
Thanks for joining, hope you like it here.

Thank you so much! I'm sure I will! :)

One thing I've always loved about the Rockets, is that their inseperable.

I have never thought about it in that way either because as you stated, they were never "on" to begin with. It was probably just a reference to the fact that the ship is sometimes hinted at so strongly, and other times there is barely anything there at all. But I find it amusing that the writer would refer to it as a "soap opera." Yes, the rockets are very dramatic sometimes, but I would never categorize as it being like a soap opera.

Hi there, may I pleaaaase join. The Rockets are too damn adorable together, and Rocketshipping is too epic not to love. I absolutely love how Jessie and James support each other and stick together. Thanks Musashi, for the reference again! :)

Welcome to the thread!

Also, and I hate to bring this up again, but it's been bothering me. Why is it that friendship with Meowth is seen as a bad thing? I just don't get how that would be a negative factor in their 2-person relationship; it's not like he's a romantic threat or anything (lol) and the habit of ignoring him only reflects badly on J/J as characters. It makes them seem cold and uncaring to brush off and disregard a person who is supposedly a very close friend. Cold and uncaring people don't always make for the greatest relationships so I don't see how it works out for the better.

I don't think any of us said their friendship with Nyasu is a bad thing. We are just pointing out the fact that Musashi and Kojiro pay more attention to each other, more so than they do to Nyasu. Also, I don't see them as ever "brushing off" Nyasu or ignoring him out of spite or coldness as you are suggesting; they just pay more attention to each other, that's all.

Welcome JustJeff! Glad you decided to stop by. :)

To continue in with this line of discussion, I'm not trying to say their friendship with Meowth is a bad thing at all. If you look through the caps I posted Thursday, I was actually getting a little annoyed at what's been going on.

Does it amuse me that they ignore Nyasu? Yes. I feel there have been too many times in the past where he was treated more like a human than a Pokemon, and it really hurt the dynamic the three of them had.

Do I think they're overcompensating a little? Also yes. It's great he's acting more like a Pokemon again, but as I've said in some other thread in the anime section, it feels like he's just mostly scenery nowadays.

I don't think Musashi and Kojiro ignoring him make them come off as cold, uncaring people. That's just who they are in BW. But they do still care about Nyasu very much.

Hello all, I've just joined a while ago. I love rocketshipping more than any other ship I support which constantly change. I notice Kojiro and Musashi's body language towards each other more than anything, its something they cant just change in the dub with out major problems.

Nothing of real interest today, but a few things amused me.
I'm dissappoint, Takegami! :p

BW007_2.jpg

I like how as soon as the call ends Musashi's attitude comes back and she puts a hand on her hip.
I can has a caption.
Musashi: I need some sex. NOW, until Nyasu doesn't look.
Kojiro: ... :eek:

BW007_3.jpg

Don't bother looking at Nyasu while he's talking.
[/quote]
Yeah, sometimes when I see them like that I wonder if they even listen to him. And what they must be thinking when they're gaze at each other with such questioning expression? xD;

"Wait, why do I have this funny feeling in my stomach when I look at him/her?" :lol:

BW007_4.jpg

Kojiro says some stuff that Musashi and Nyasu seem to agree with, then Tsutarja appears. Naturally, Junki has Musashi try to catch it.
He told that they should strenghten their "war potential" and catch more Pokemon. Musashi reacts to it right away of course XD

BW007_5.jpg

But instead of Koromori she has Nyasu attack for some reason. Guess he's only useful as their slave? Oh Takegami...
It looks like Takegami likes to make the Rockets remember about Nyasu only when they need a Pokemon... ^^;

BW007_6.jpg

After Tsutarka gets away, Musashi and Kojiro stare at it and... that's it. With that look on their faces you'd think they'd go after it, but that's the last we see of them. That look just strikes me as really hilarious. You'd think their master plan of world domination had been foiled or something.
Lol, that's it. I'm so dissappoint, Takegami xD;

And I don't know what they will do next week (the animation is wicked though, and it's the same animator who animated BW002!). I just hope Kojiro won't catch a Darumakka or anything. ;P
I changed my mind after seeing the preview and now I want him to catch Darumakka/Hihidaruma XD

But he wanted her back so desperately in DP117... I know that he had an awful attitude towards Musashi many times in DP, but as soon as he lost her, he felt totally heartbroken and couldn't bear living without her. So even if it looked like he'd rather get away from her, he really didn't want to.

idk if it was as much being seen as "on" as having the potential to go somewhere and then bouncing randomly back to a huge setback to theri potential relationship. See: all of AG, as Meron pointed out. Going from the hosos to the lame, neverending dry spell, and then on to movie 8, which was followed right up by the Chiriin episode. You're right about that, but it was like that pretty much throughout. I'm not sure what prompted the guy you were reading to post that article specifically, but I think that's exactly what the fandom felt like. Sure, some people did think it was an actual 'thing,' a canon pairing that was being set back, but most people just saw it as the feeling of their relationship constantly fluctuating.
Yeah, I agree. That's why I love how Rocketshipping got stable in DP, since it never happened before. Even if we got something great, we could never know if some time after it, they wouldn't air an episode completely destroying our raising hopes that Rocketshipping is going anywhere. I hated every time when it happened :/

Lol, but of course we don't see it as a bad thing and ESPECIALLY don't see him as a romantic threat!:lol:

Well, I remember their Kanto team dynamics more as duo+Nyasu originally. But it still didn't mean that Nyasu was ignored. He wasn't, at least by the writers. It just felt natural, that humans share different bond and are closer to each other than with a Pokemon. Especially with omnipresent Rocketshipping. It felt "Oh, so they're friends with Nyasu, ok, but they feel more than friends to each other in comparison". And I liked it this way. They're friends with Nyasu and all, but they still felt closer with each other. Nyasu was always more individual being than them anyway to this day. It shows every time when he gets an occassion to leave the team and he ditches Musashi and Kojiro so easily (it's not like it happened once, or even twice, it happened MANY time and he never learns, unlike Musashi and Kojiro). I believe that he needs them, but not as much as Musashi and Kojiro need each other. It isn't like Nyasu feels uneeded, heartbroken, or whatever, when he's ignored like that nowadays. If he felt like that, it would be really heartless of Musashi and Kojiro, but it looks like he's completely fine with not getting that much of attention. Nyasu started to be ignored in late DP and I don't think it's a coincidence. I don't know what writers/animators have on their minds when doing it, but I personally see it as hinting that in BW attention will be focused more on Musashi and Kojiro, with Nyasu as a background.

Hello all, I've just joined a while ago. I love rocketshipping more than any other ship I support which constantly change. I notice Kojiro and Musashi's body language towards each other more than anything, its something they cant just change in the dub with out major problems.

Welcome to our thread and I hope you'll have a nice stay here :)

Last edited:
Well, I remember their Kanto team dynamics more as duo+Nyasu originally. But it still didn't mean that Nyasu was ignored. He wasn't, at least by the writers. It just felt natural, that humans share different bond and are closer to each other than with a Pokemon. Especially with omnipresent Rocketshipping. It felt "Oh, so they're friends with Nyasu, ok, but they feel more than friends to each other in comparison". And I liked it this way. They're friends with Nyasu and all, but they still felt closer with each other. Nyasu was always more individual being than them anyway to this day. It shows every time when he gets an occassion to leave the team and he ditches Musashi and Kojiro so easily (it's not like it happened once, or even twice, it happened MANY time and he never learns, unlike Musashi and Kojiro). I believe that he needs them, but not as much as Musashi and Kojiro need each other. It isn't like Nyasu feels uneeded, heartbroken, or whatever, when he's ignored like that nowadays. If he felt like that, it would be really heartless of Musashi and Kojiro, but it looks like he's completely fine with not getting that much of attention.
I think they actually became "Best Friends" with him only after Go West, Young Mewoth. It was shown that J&J like him in School of Hard Knocks, but he still seemed more of a talking "Team Pet".

During Orange Islands saga he "became" a real member of the team, even acting in duo with James/Kojiro.

First of all, welcome Snaker! :)

I think they actually became "Best Friends" with him only after Go West, Young Mewoth. It was shown that J&J like him in School of Hard Knocks, but he still seemed more of a talking "Team Pet".

During Orange Islands saga he "became" a real member of the team, even acting in duo with James/Kojiro.

You know I hadn't thought about it before, but you're absolutely right that that's when he became a real member of the team.

Now for today's episode.

I'm really feeling a late DP vibe. And by that, I mean you really can't tell who writes what episode when it comes to Rocket scenes. This episode really proves Tomioka has some long complex plan for them.

BW008_1.jpg

BW008_2.jpg

BW008_3.jpg

So we start out at an outdoor cafe where the Rockets are enjoying cappuccinos. (Yes, they really call them that.) Weren't we just discussing this as a good thing for them to do in the movies? :p

BW008_4.jpg

BW008_5.jpg

Musashi snaps her fingers about a cappuccino...

BW008_6.jpg

And the waiter (with an awesome creepy smile) gladly gives her one with this weird symbol in it. The TRio looks at it.

BW008_7.jpg

Musashi quickly stirs it away as we fade out...

BW008_8.jpg

BW008_9.jpg

Right after the commercial break, we're back with the Rockets on some bridge.

BW008_10.jpg

We get your standard Musashi and Kojiro share a scene (Hello new avatar!), then we switch to Nyasu with his own comments.

BW008_11.jpg

Then another contact comes by. Pretty damn awesome shot.

BW008_12.jpg

She drops off a briefcase.

Edit:

She told them to head to Shippou City for their next assignment. The briefcase she left behind contains some item that'll be used for their mission.

BW008_13.jpg

Musashi picks it up as the camera tilts up and we once again fade out...

Obviously we'll have to wait for Jeska so we can have a clue what all this was about, but like I said it's obvious Tomioka has something big planned here. I mean, would anyone have ever guessed Yonemura wrote this? I know I wouldn't have. Something big is really going to go down.

Last edited:
So they are NOT the only Rocket agents in Isshu. Understandable, - the boss gave them no "scouting missions", he may already know about the situation in this region. The Trio IS a bait for Plasma.

Thanks for the updates Musashi!!! Seeing the screenshots, I really couldn't get my eyes off the Rockets, this episode was really their's and their's alone. At the end of the day, they are serious about their work, and I'm loving how they are working together, it truly shows their trust as well as their commitment. If they didn't love each other, they wouldn't be together <3

I'm at school now guys, I'll talk more later! :)

Am I the only one who thinks TRio are now... boring? I love the fact that they now have a subplot, that they don't just steal pokemon and I certainly don't miss the blasting off... But they could have been serious, without being boring. They could have keep the gestures, the poses, their evil faces, their personnalities! What makes me love them is scenes like this one http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/shinou/632ps8.shtml I hope we will have more than what we have now.

Anyone feels like me?

Am I the only one who thinks TRio are now... boring? I love the fact that they now have a subplot, that they don't just steal pokemon and I certainly don't miss the blasting off... But they could have been serious, without being boring. They could have keep the gestures, the poses, their evil faces, their personnalities! What makes me love them is scenes like this one http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/shinou/632ps8.shtml I hope we will have more than what we have now.

Anyone feels like me?
How about giving the rockets a chance?

We have no idea how they will act in 50 episode from now. I miss the DP rockets too, but I know there will be more screentime and plot twists for BW rockets. The series just started, and the rockets need to remain ~mysterious~ for the audience right now. Just enjoy the series like the rest of us do, and be patient like a Sonansu!

Not only do I not find them boring, I vastly prefer this to anything DP gave us. Finally we don't have to play guessing games every week and assume things just because who's writing. I don't see the Rockets changing at all until the very end of BW (if at all), so like Meron said we just need to be patient.

So they are NOT the only Rocket agents in Isshu.

I don't think we should assume they're Rocket agents. It just doesn't make sense.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom