• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

English Isshu starters to be revealed Monday: Teaser on Pokémon.com announces info fo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: English Isshu starters to be revealed Monday: Teaser on Pokémon.com announces inf

Whatever. Believe what you want. Look past it's face for once. You'll see what I mean.
Seen the anime? It's smug as hell.

Re: English Isshu starters to be revealed Monday: Teaser on Pokémon.com announces inf

Splotter
Hotog
Serplant

Seen the anime? It's smug as hell.

thank you

Finally, no more stupid fannames~ Now, I'm only worried about little Miji. I hope they don't mess up his name. The rest are pretty much easy to name.

nope

people are gonna be dissapointed and still call them the fan names

it'a guaranteed

I'm going to guess:
Tsutarja - Fuleaf (Oxybelis Fulgidus + Leaf. Similar to "Foolish")
Pokabu - Porkaboo
Mijumaru - Pupell (Pup/Pupil + Shell)

nope

people are gonna be dissapointed and still call them the fan names

it'a guaranteed

Well, they do die after a while. Same thing happen with the Sinnoh starters.

Jeeze, Pokemon.com acts like most Pokemon fans have never seen the new starters yet =|

Tbh, pokemon.com is generally targeted towards younger kids who probably haven't heard of bulbapedia or serebii.

Well, they do die after a while. Same thing happen with the Sinnoh starters.

It did?
*Lurks through the archive*

Yes, I've seen it. And so far, Shooti's has been a smug little prick. But just because one is smug, doesn't mean they all are. Why do I have a feeling that my logic is gonna go over your heads...

Yes, I've seen it. And so far, Shooti's has been a smug little prick. But just because one is smug, doesn't mean they all are. Why do I have a feeling that my logic is gonna go over your heads...
The episode Ash caught his Tsutarja...pretty smug there.

I really hope it's Smugleaf. I really do.

Partly because I like the name, partly so I can say I was right for once.

It did?
*Lurks through the archive*

While I'm not sure here for bulbagarden, but I seen fans use TONS of fannames for them. 5 weeks after the official English names were realeased, it was like fannames never existed. I search if you do a good search, you'll get a fair amount of them.

Last edited:

Smugleaf finally is announced!!!

Well whatever, but they better find something cute for Pokabu, or I am seriously considering going to the area and punching whoever named the Pokies in the face.

I've got to say, I think this is the earliest revelation of the starters. Though I was only at the start of the DP era to now...

Anyway, my greatest hope is that it isn't Smugleaf. It sounds too much like Nuzleaf, and some people will start "Smuglocke". Pignite sounds cool, but Wotter just doesn't sound right. And I hate on the name even more than Smugleaf because I'm choosing it.

Personally, I don't give a crap what they're called, so long as I can say the name with a straight face.

I'm excited, but dreading it incase they blow it.

Smugleaf is just so... Ugh. I just don't like it. >_< And don't even get me started on Wotter. I've liked every Water-type starter so far, Nintendo better not mess up now.

If they name the grass one who im to lazy to write out his name smugleaf i will have another reson to love game freak.

I don't care about Smugleaf, as long as it's not impossible to say (for me) like it's Japanese name. And I'm calling my Mijumaru "Miji" no matter how epic the english name is.

However, heads will roll if Pokabu/Pokabu's evolutions aren't named either Pignite or Porkabu (I love whoever came up with that).

I'm still calling it Smugleaf. Just sayin'.

If some people like the name smugleaf and some don't, I suggest we just agree on that and stop fighting about it.

If it becomes an ascended meme, so be it.

I'm still calling it Smugleaf. Just sayin'.

Yeah same.

It's a sick name :p

Thanks.

Cool! We're gonna get the English names, uh-huh! But, seriously, what's with the silhouettes? It's not as if we don't know what the starters are yet.. So, pokemon.com doesn't need to post silhouettes of the starters just because they're gonna release the English names.

Also, I wonder if this means we'll get the English versions of the games early. Earlier compared to previous gens. Usually English namesd are revealed much later compared to Isshu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom