• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Salamence vs. Metagross

Kamex

Reaction score
I've searched for this and couldn't find it, so here we go.

373Salamence.png
VS
376Metagross.png

Gen III was the only generation so far to introduce more than one pseudo-legendary, giving us the Salamence and Metagross lines. Both are popular within the fandom and both take a lot of training and patience to raise.

In your opinion:

Who's more useful in a battle?

If they were to fight, who'd win?

Who do you like better?

Personally, I like both of them, but Salamence wins for me. The design is probably what ultimately makes me decide.

Both of them are awfully cool. Salamence is my favorite Dragon Pokémon, and Metagross is one of my favorite Steel Pokémon too. Their designs are amazing, and so is their power.

In battle, I think only a Mixed or Special Salamence with Fire Blast would have a real chance against Metagross. Though Salamence is faster, he can't pull Intimidate on Metagross due to its Clear Body, and its high Defense would help it withstand an Earthquake. Metagross has monstruous Attack and Meteor Mash, which would potentially destroy Salamence. There's also Ice Punch if you want to make sure. It's pretty even and depends on what they have, but Metagross has more of a chance.

It's a very difficult choice, but I'll pick Salamence. I prefer him over Metagross by a very small margin, which is why he's the strongest powerhouse in my Team.

Aww man. Now this is a hard one. I have both of these guys on my team.

For me, both are useful in different ways. Salamence is good for hitting hard fast. Metagross is good for withstanding attacks and taking out a large range of types.

If they fought... it'd depends on what moves they know. Give Salamence a Fire-type move and he'd probably win within three turns. If it doesn't have a Fire-type move? Metagross would take it out with sheer power.

I definitely like Salamence better though. They are both cool, but the Dragon appeals to me more than the... steel-monster thing.

So Salamence wins this one!

Salamence and Metagross are both amazing and versatile(Metagross moreso)

Most Salamence do have Fire moves and all physical variants will have earthquake while there's nothing that Metagross can do really. It has sheer power but so does Salamence.

I like Salamence more but I love them both.

Salamence for me. Personally, I prefer it over Metagross. Mostly since it's faster.

Metagross. It's a freaking psychic mecha/super computer. It has an awesome type, concept, and design.

Crapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrap...
My 2nd and 3rd favorite pseudos (after Tyranitar), and they're pretty much equal in my opinion. Gonna have to break it down:
Design:
Both awesome. Tie.
Usefulness/Power:
Both are great, but Bagon doesn't have to evolve before it gets good level up moves. And Salamence got banished to the Ubers once it had the chance to show off its power so I guess it gets the edge here.
Personal Preference:
I have to admit, I do like Steel-Types. And I did learn about Beldum before I even had a clue where to find Bagon.
Final Verdict:
Metagross gets the win. Sorry Salamence.

Hey, this reminds me of the Battle SIM fight in the beginning of Pokemon XD!

Metagross looks cooler.

Metagross looks cooler in my opinion. Also Meteormash is an epic move, especially when you get the attack boost. After that nothing can stop you.

Metagross vs Salamance. Hmm.

In my 'fic, Speargun, I have a Metang and a Shellgon who are major characters, and their evolutions are some of my favorite pokémon ever.

Let's see, metal supercomputer vs awesome, actual European dragon who's Dragon-type? Well, I guess I'll go with Metagross, solely because of Ice Punch.

Salamence usually wins in the very beginning of Pokemon XD with Earthquake against Metagross. Salamence is also my second favorite dragon, but Metagross isn't that bad.

I choose Salamence because it's the Dragon-type, which is better than both type Metagross has.

Metagross is one of my favorite types, and has a very clever design.

Design:
Salamence. Yes it's an ugly dragon but it's better than a blue rock with psychic powers.
Usefulness/Power:
Salamence:Uber
Metagross:0U
No comments.
Personal Preference:
I prefer metagross, since i'm more deffensive than offensive.
Final Verdict:
I think metagross is better but...i'm wrong.

Ohhh, hard decision! Both of them were on my Emerald Battle Frontier team, so I think that I know them both pretty well. Even though I much prefer Metagross' cool design, Salamence has been miles more useful at the fronteir due to his speed. So my vote has to go to Salemence, but I love them both.

metagross please!
cause, a weight pokemon, and have a psychic type, its incrdibely strong man!

salmanace, give icebeam, and xxx

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom