• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Satoshi VS Aloe in 2011: Second Gym Battle of Best Wishes! saga

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Satoshi VS Aloe in 2011: Second Gym Battle of Best Wishes! saga

The fifteenth episode of Pocket Monsters Best Wishes, 「シッポウジム戦!VSジムリーダー・アロエ!!」 Shippou Gym Battle! VS Gym Leader Aloe!!, will air on Jan. 6.

Read more on Bulbanews

I can't believe we're on the second Gym only 15 episodes into a saga.

Back in Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh, Ash would be at the FIRST Gym by the 15th episode.

I can't believe we're on the second Gym only 15 episodes into a saga.

Back in Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh, Ash would be at the FIRST Gym by the 15th episode.

As it was officially mention before the release that this saga will move faster than all the previous ones. Sinnoh saga was way way toooooo much dragged with a bunch of pointless crap, just take the example of Ash's lsat gym battle. It took almost 48 episodes :(

As it was officially mention before the release that this saga will move faster than all the previous ones.

That's actually not 100% definite; I've seen users on here who understand Japanese saying that it was an error.

Even if its an error, no one can deny giving Ash a full team of 6 only 12 episodes in, and being at the second Gym by the 15th episode isn't, "faster pacing."

I don't think Isshu will be as short as Kanto, but I can see it being slightly shorter than Hoenn.

Well, if there are only 3 games in Gen V like some people predict, then Best Wishes will probably be around 150 episodes. That would make it just shorter than Kanto. If there are other games, be they remakes or whatever, would add another 50ish episodes onto that (taking into account possible weeks off).

Remember, there could easily be 50odd episodes without a gym, like Sinnoh.

Could someone point me to where it was said that the series is going to be "faster paced?" I'd like to see that statement myself.

Ryu Shoji said:
Well, if there are only 3 games in Gen V like some people predict, then Best Wishes will probably be around 150 episodes. That would make it just shorter than Kanto.

I'm not understanding that. Kanto was only about 80 episodes long. Last time I checked, 150 > 80.

Could someone point me to where it was said that the series is going to be "faster paced?" I'd like to see that statement myself.

I'm not understanding that. Kanto was only about 80 episodes long. Last time I checked, 150 > 80.

You don't need to have a proof for that. Ash's second badge is in BW015. That's enough.

And if it's still isn't - he's getting 6 pokemon in less than 20 eps. His two rivals are getting to appear in less than 14 episodes. Barry appeared in DP 101, for example.

More?

Does every Best Wishes thread have to devolve into a debate about being faster paced?

It's kind of embarrassing.

Apparantly it was the TvTokyo website for Best Wishes, at the same time that they updated with some videos. It looks as if someone reported that it was, and everyone picked it up. So far I haven't found who reported it originally.

Edit: It was around the 26th August.

Edit 2: Apparantly it was Serebii.

Last edited:
You don't need to have a proof for that. Ash's second badge is in BW015. That's enough.
And how long was the gap between Badge 7 and Badge 8 in DP? Yeah, just because they went fast now doesn't mean it's going to remain that way.

If anything, this can be taken to argue bad pacing once again.

Getting to the first gym quickly was a given considering that one of the main characters were there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom