• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Boss Battle: Giovanni Vs Maxie Vs Archie Vs Cyrus Vs Archer Vs Greechis Vs Greevil

jcogginsa

Reaction score
the big bads of the main series games, plus greevil battle

who...
-Wins in a battle
-Has the coolest design
-Has the best rate of success
-Has the best organization
-Has the best pokemon
-Has the coolest name
-Has the best plan

Re: Boss Battle: Giovanni Vs Maxie Vs Archie Vs Cyrus Vs Archer Vs Greechis Vs Greevi

Chuck Norris.

Re: Boss Battle: Giovanni Vs Maxie Vs Archie Vs Cyrus Vs Archer Vs Greechis Vs Greevi

the big bads of the main series games, plus greevil battle

who...
-Wins in a battle
-Has the coolest design
-Has the best rate of success
-Has the best organization
-Has the best pokemon
-Has the coolest name
-Has the best plan

i'm giving my opinion right now

1.Greevil
2.maxie
3.greevil
4.greevil
5.greechis
6.Giovanni
7.Greechis

Of these, I've only played the handhelds and Colosseum, so...

I'm a fan of the way Aqua and Magma played off each other, but Cyrus was a much better character for the role he was in and Giovanni has a lot of street cred for how long he's been around and how much he's been fleshed out over the years.

I'll let Greechis take this one, since (by the rough translation I played) he seems to be the most out-and-out evil for all that he actually did.
Bonus cred for semi-successfully raising a child as essentially a science experiment, forcing the Gym Leaders to scramble and hijacking League HQ. Made him seem like an overlord, puppetmaster-type character, who wisely kept himself out of harm's way until he seriously had no other option.

Sexy, sexy Maxie.

Archie and Giovanni come close second, I hate Greevil because of his damn legendary birds with the low catch rate, and cause it was so obvious who he was...

Giovanni, I was gonna say Cyus but G wins for the topping himself thing. That was epic (in a morbid way).

Giovanni actually had reasonable goals.

Um... the Don VS the Well-Intentioned Extremists VS the Nietzsche Wannabe VS the Complete Monster VS the Man Behind The Man #2 VS the Elite Mook...

I gotta go with the Nietzsche Wannabe, Cyrus. He was easily the best villain, the most frightening, and the first one to not give up after defeat. Also, he was one of few that actually posed a challenge, especially when compared with the first four. The fights against Cyrus are among the hardest in the Sinnoh games. He's also awfully ominous and convincing for his Team, and even managed to have a semblance of a Start of Darkness. I wouldn't be surprised if he pops up in a future Pokémon game from the Distortion World, ready to take his ambitions to the final consequences...

Everyone else besides Archer are great, don't get me wrong. However, Cyrus still is my most favorite.

Last edited:

Um... the Don VS the Well-Intentioned Extremists VS the Nietzsche Wannabe VS the Complete Monster VS the Man Behind The Man #2 VS the Elite Mook...

I gotta go with the Nietzsche Wannabe, Cyrus. He was easily the best villain, the most frightening, and the first one to not give up after defeat. Also, he was one of few that actually posed a challenge, especially when compared with the first four. The fights against Cyrus are among the hardest in the Sinnoh games. He's also awfully ominous and convincing for his Team, and even managed to have a semblance of a Start of Darkness. I wouldn't be surprised if he pops up in a future Pokémon game from the Distortion World, ready to take his ambitions to the final consequences...

Everyone else besides Archer are great, don't get me wrong. However, Cyrus still is my most favorite.

what's your beef with archer? just asking

what's your beef with archer? just asking
Not with Archer, but with the whole Team Rocket stunt in GSC/HGSS. That aside, Archer has a grand total of one battle against you, and as such, a grand total of one feature and speech. If you really want to stretch it, there's his thin-veiled FRLG feature, but he's still a severely one-dimensional character you meet too little and only has one, bland purpose. Plus, he also falls behind everyone else design-wise. He might be the youngest, but that doesn't really saves him outside of fangirls.

Either Giovanni or Cyrus. Gio has some serious credit with being all so not entirely evil, just misunderstood in the fact that he's in it for money. Cyrus is just plain awesome simply because he got so close to taking over the world. I'll go with... (Flips coin) Cyrus.

Is Greechis supposed to be Geechisu?

Because googling him brings up this thread, and then things un-related to pokemon.

Is Greechis supposed to be Geechisu?

Because googling him brings up this thread, and then things un-related to pokemon.

yes. but seriously, i've heard tons of names for him. greechi, geechisu, creetis, goetis

I voted for "Greechis".

He fucking manipulates little kids and has a cult of personality just like Kim Jong-Il's !

It's just that, you know, the corruption and weirdness makes it seem coo.

Cyrus or Giovanni or greevil

Gio, then Cyrus.

Who is greechis may I ask which game he's from I chose Cyrus because he's plain awesome Giovanni because he wasn't exactly evil and greevil because he had awesome pokes

Who is greechis may I ask which game he's from I chose Cyrus because he's plain awesome Giovanni because he wasn't exactly evil and greevil because he had awesome pokes

black and white

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom