• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Voltorb Flip or Slots?

Do you prefer the Voltorb Flip or the Slots?

• Voltorb Flip

Votes: 83 53.9%
  • Slots

Votes: 71 46.1%

• Total voters
Even though the Slots is an easier way to obtain coins (it's just spamming buttons while watching TV), Voltorb Flip is pretty fun. Not to mention it's a better replacement for the Slots than the crap they gave us in the EU version of Platinum (try to get a considerable amount of coins there).

Even though the Slots is an easier way to obtain coins (it's just spamming buttons while watching TV), Voltorb Flip is pretty fun. Not to mention it's a better replacement for the Slots than the crap they gave us in the EU version of Platinum (try to get a considerable amount of coins there).

Oh yeah, I remember the backlash over the EU "game corner". Then again, at least you could do what everyone wants to: buy coins and skip the corner.

Wait a sec!
You could BUY coins in Platinum??!?
I should've figured that out earlier! :/

I voted slots because you can buy coins, but I prefer Voltorb Flip. It's more challenging and rewarding. I just wish they didn't turn the Game Corner into some gaudy rich guy's house.

Wait a sec!
You could BUY coins in Platinum??!?
I should've figured that out earlier! :/

Yeah. In both the EU and JP/US/Korea game corners too.
In the real EU plat, there's a corner where you can buy coins, or you can be cheap and hunt the machines for coins.

Even though it's not the same without slots in HG/SS, I actually prefer Voltorb Flip beacause I can get more coins in it than in slots, I suck at slots. :p

I never really fancy the slots myself, so I went for the Voltorb Flip, though I didn't try it. Sounds like something I would like.

Thanks for reading.

The original slots (R/B and FR/LG) were fairly easy and paid out a lot. Johto's mocked me with Golem. Hoenn's red-and-blue-7 slots were weird and I never understood the lightning bolt thing. Sinnoh's had no luck factor to it at all and was rather slow in payout.

I now understand how Voltorb Flip works, and while it's addicting luck always screws me by level 5. It still pays out fairly quickly.

So in conclusion, my opinion: Kanto slots > VF > Roulette > Hoenn slots > Sinnoh slots > Johto slots > Card Flip (it's impossible to gain much in that game).

Is there a "both" option? No? Okay. Slots.

Probably the nostalgia talking, though, in all honesty, even though I never really played the slots until D/P/Pt - though I don't find Voltorb Flip as enjoyable as I did the slots in D/P/Pt. Though fun in its own right, Voltorb Flip... eh. I don't find myself spending hours on it like I did with the Game Corner in 4th gen, and don't really like it as much. Mind, I still find Voltorb Flip to be fun, just in small doses. I don't really have a preference.

I have made a ton of coins in Voltorb Slots and I've never made any progress in slots. The roulette in Ruby/Sapphire was kinda fun, but not much fun. Leaving things to chance is stupid and the prizes are so good, I'm glad they changed it to something playable in HeartGold/SoulSilver. This just further proves my point that those two are the best games there are.

Slots are less time consuming, so slots. Although I never play too much of either of them; the biggest crime was removing the option to buy coins in HG/SS, which is by far a much more lamentable loss than changing the minigames that few people put much time into.

I liked the slots because you could buy coins but it was pretty hard to gain coins, it was mostly luck based, while on the other hand Voltorb flip is boooooring to play, you can get coins easy through it.

Voltorb Flip is much better.

The slots were just luck. Voltorb Flip can actually be played and won so is much funner.

Those voltorbs and their inevitable "BOOM GAME OVER YOU GOT 0 COINS" messages will haunt my dreams forever. But I cannot... stop... playing...

Back
Top Bottom