• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Voltorb Flip or Slots?

Do you prefer the Voltorb Flip or the Slots?

• Voltorb Flip

Votes: 83 53.9%
  • Slots

Votes: 71 46.1%

• Total voters
Voltorb Flip is boring and the music is lame... i dilike the music totally... and it's annoying....

Voltorb Flip, as it requires actual skill, rather than just hoping you're lucky.

Voltorb flip. I like games that make you think a little, so it was easy for me to spend hours playing Voltorb flip. I never got hooked on the slots in the same way. It was fun to figure out the strategy to easily win with Voltorb flip by myself, but of course there's also the luck factor, which makes the game not too easy. Plus, it was easy to get way more coins from Voltorb flip than I ever got from the slots. With slots, I always ended up losing all my coins. xD

The slots are definitely fun and nostalgic, and the option to buy coins was a cool addition. However, I don't tend to like things that are based in luck, and Voltorb Flip actually gets you to focus on it and think about your strategy. It is much more engaging and fun than the slots, and it is much easier and faster to get coins. I've gotten to Level 7, where the payout becomes insane. I have never really played anything like Minesweeper before, but Voltorb Flip is still fun. Of course, this is just me.

I enjoy Voltorb Slots more, because it's based on strategy instead of luck.

At first, I hated the flip, but then I got good at it! :3 And I just like it better, strategy over luck any time.

The slots were awesome (and the roulette was even cooler, but we tend to forget Ruby/Saph don't we?). I liked that you could buy coins, because I don't think anyone actually took the time to save up coins through winning the slots.

That said, as far as the actual game goes... voltorb flip is better. I got really good at it and ended up getting my friends to trade me some of their pokemon in return for winning them a Dratini or something else.

The slot machines because you can at least buy coins even if you aren't lucky enough to win any. The Voltorb Flip game feels too much like taking an IQ test and it's more annoying than fun imho.

I have played the FRLG Slots and the RSE Roulette a lot as a kid... Voltorb Flip not as much, by that point I did consider most side quests boring... Same thing with Contests, I would do them a lot in Hoenn but not at all in Sinnoh. Same for later stuff like Musical, Pokestar Studios, etc

Voltorb Flip is a nice time waster, and the convenience of just buying the Coins to get the TMs you wanted makes the Slot machines a more optional mini-game. Ultimately, I'll go with Voltorb Flip on this.

no matter how much i try to wrap my head around it, i can't fathom what makes voltorb flip click for some people. i've tried it a couple times and perhaps this is just a Skill Issue on my part but i'd rather just play slots... never really won much of anything with voltorb flip and never really knew how to get "better" at it.

Voltorb Flip for requiring actual skill.

Also, to those praising slots for letting you buy coins, if you can just buy coins to get the prizes, why even have the slots in the first place? It makes them pointless, it'd be better to cut out the middleman and just let you buy the prizes in a shop directly.

Back
Top Bottom