• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

When would you like R/S/E Remakes

• Yes, this generation

Votes: 195 47.6%
  • No, I'd prefer them in Gen 6

Votes: 152 37.1%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

Votes: 47 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion *READ FIRST POST*

The only reasonable name I could think of is MagmaRuby and AquaSapphire. ._.

HeartGold and SoulSilver proved that remakes names don't have to be reasonable. They could end up being SandwichSapphire and PizzaRuby

that or you're confusing "reasonable" with "predictable"

Someone came up with Sparking Sapphire and Ravishing Ruby which I thought sounded cool.

I doubt they'll do "Ravishing Ruby". It really wouldn't make sense to comment on the beauty of the Ruby for the game title.

I've been thinking. You know how in HG/SS they had no problem changing the Defog HM to Whirlpool? That was because HMs can't be held or traded. Now that TMs are in the same boat, who's to stop them from tweaking the TM list in R/S remakes, or even making version-exclusive TMs? Like so...*******

TM01:Hone Claws
TM02:Dragon Claw
TM03:psycho Shock
TM04:Calm Mind
TM05:Roar
TM06:Toxic
TM07:Hail
TM08:Bulk Up
TM09:Venom Shock
TM10:Hidden Power
TM11:Sunny Day
TM12:Dragon Dance
TM13:Ice Beam
TM14:Blizzard
TM15:Hyper Beam
TM16:Light Screen
TM17:protect
TM18:Rain Dance
TM19:Telekinesis
TM20:Sleep Powder
TM21:Frustration
TM22:Solarbeam
TM23:Knock Down
TM24:Thunderbolt
TM25:Thunder
TM26:Earthquake
TM27:Return
TM28:Dig
TM29:psychic
TM30:Shadow Ball
TM31:Brick Break
TM32:Double Team
TM33:Reflect
TM34:Sludge Wave
TM35:Flamethrower
TM36:Sludge Bomb
TM37:Sandstorm
TM38:Fire Blast
TM39:Eruption/Water Spout*
TM40:Drill Peck
TM41:Flare Blitz**
TM42:Facade
TM43:Nitro Charge
TM44:Rest
TM45:Attract
TM46:Thief
TM47:Cross Chop
TM48:Glare
TM49:Echo Voice
TM50:Overheat
TM51:Fissure/Sheer Cold***
TM52:Focus Blast
TM53:Energy Ball
TM54:False Swipe
TM55:Boiling Water
TM56:Fling
TM57:Charge Beam
TM58:Freefall
TM59:Gunk Shot****
TM60:Curse
TM61:Will-O-Wisp
TM62:Acrobat
TM63:Switcheroo
TM64:Explosion
TM65:Shadow Claw
TM66:payback
TM67:Vengeance
TM68:Giga Impact
TM69:Agility
TM70:Flash
TM71:Stone Edge
TM72:Volt Change
TM73:Thunder Wave
TM74:Gyro Ball
TM75:Swords Dance
TM76:Shell Break
TM77:psych Up
TM78:Weather Ball
TM79:Ice Breath
TM80:Rock Slide
TM81:X-Scissor
TM82:Dragon Tail
TM83:Cheer Up
TM84:poison Jab
TM85:Dream Eater
TM86:Grass Knot
TM87:Swagger
TM88:pluck/Bug Bite*****
TM89:U-Turn
TM90:Substitute
TM91:Flash Cannon
TM92:Trick Room
TM93:Wild Charge
TM94:Rock Smash
TM95:Hi Jump Kick******

*TM39 teaches Eruption in the Ruby remake, and Water Spout in the Sapphire remake.
**I swear to Arceus, if they make Flare Blitz a TM move and Flareon STILL can't learn it, Game Freak will be hearing from me.
***TM51 teaches Fissure in the Ruby remake, and Sheer Cold in the Sapphire remake.
****I swear to Arceus, if they make Gunk Shot a TM move and Weezing STILL can't learn it, Game Freak will be hearing from me. This time with gratuitous amounts of profanity.
*****TM88 teaches Pluck in the Ruby remake, and Bug Bite in the Sapphire remake. Because I felt like it, that's why.
******This, of course, is assuming that in R/S remakes, TM95 isn't an event-exclusive item.

*******With a mustache.

As for the remake names I think "SapphireBlue" and "RubyRed" would be nice, though I think if they were to make them they probably throw a bit fo a curveball and give them names of only one word. as opposed to compounds.

A Dragon Dance TM. Highly unlikely but if that does happen, DD will become a hell lot more common.

As for the remake names I think "SapphireBlue" and "RubyRed" would be nice, though I think if they were to make them they probably throw a bit fo a curveball and give them names of only one word. as opposed to compounds.

Yep, I mentioned those names a while ago. They don't follow the traditional style of remake names, but who says GameFreak can't break tradition?

RubyRed especially has a nice sound to it.

Yep, I mentioned those names a while ago. They don't follow the traditional style of remake names, but who says GameFreak can't break tradition?

RubyRed especially has a nice sound to it.

It does, although upon hearing it I am forcibly reminded of Grapefruit juice. I was sort of thinking something along the lines of "StarSapphire/RoyalRuby", but those seem a tad grandiose.

If they do remake RS, I hope they bring back the original contests. I was actually good at those, unlike the Stupid and Actually Much Shallower Super Contests. They should also improve the Acro/Mach bike mechanic (maybe by putting a bike shop in every city?), throw in a more expansive post-game (including Gen IV and V Pokes appearing in the Safari Zone or somewhere similar), add in Emerald's call feature, maybe throw in some new Dive routes, make an event where you can catch Feebas (instead of spending weeks looking for that evil motherf*cker), and pretty much leave everything else alone.

Hmmmm.... what would I want in a remake of the Hoenn region? How about a rematch with Steven after you beat him in Meteorite falls? Also, am I the only person that wanted to fight Scott in Emerald? When I heard that he owned the battle frontier I expected him to be an amazing trainer. Maybe they can also make the frontier brains of Hoenn more important to the story-line...

If a tradition with remakes must be broken, it should be the "only Pokemon that were available in the originals can be acquired before you beat the game" one.

Nobody fucking cares if you couldn't have the Pokemon in the originals. That means I want to be able to have a Gallade or Roserade before I beat the E4. Also, how about expanding the pokedex like they did with Platinum?

If it's released in the same gen as B/W I would just trade some Pokes over. Having an adventure with the Pokemon you want is different than having to wait until post game. Once you get to post game there isn't any adventure left to do. As much as I love Pokemon the post game content is always lacking. I don't count the other 8 gym leaders in GSC as post game material because it doesn't feel like the game ends until you beat Red. The only game where I felt satisfied with the post game was Platinum.

If a tradition with remakes must be broken, it should be the "only Pokemon that were available in the originals can be acquired before you beat the game" one.

I'm taking that you've never even heard of HeartGold & SoulSilver before. In those games you could get Yanmega, Ambipom, Tangrowth, Lickilicky, and Mamoswine before the national dex.

But still, I wouldn't mind seeing an extended Hoenn Dex similar to the Johto dex.

Also, am I the only person that wanted to fight Scott in Emerald? When I heard that he owned the battle frontier I expected him to be an amazing trainer. Maybe they can also make the frontier brains of Hoenn more important to the story-line...

Scott doesn't have any pokemon. That's why you can't battle him. Here are a few things I would put in:

The clock like in all the gen 4 games. (With the ability to change it from 24 hour to AM/PM)
Seasons like in B/W
[s/]Red be battleable like in HG/SS[/s]
Regigigas
ALL of the sinnoh and unova starters be available post e4.
If they give them the emerald outfits, get rid of the shorts over the pants for brendan, and take the collar thingy off of may's shirt.

If it's going to be a sequel this is what I'd put in:

Brendan take over the petalburg gym, and may take prof. birch's place
The e4 would be: Brawly,(oh yeah he gets in) Sydney, Pheobe, Briney,(he would have mixed water and ice types) and the champion would be wally, who is a few years older.

Brawly and Wattson have been replaced by a trainer that was in their gym in the original games.

After you beat the e4 drake will show up and help you get rayquaza.

If you have the ruby sequel, steven will help you stop the new team that's trying to awaken groudon. The team will be trying to make a new planet because they heard that groudon created the land.

If you have the sappire sequel, wallace will help you stop the team who is trying to awaken kyogre. The team will be trying to control the weather over the entire planet to make it a perfect planet that never has any floods or droughts. (Somebody else come up with another idea for this team. I can't think of anything else.)

I'm taking that you've never even heard of HeartGold & SoulSilver before. In those games you could get Yanmega, Ambipom, Tangrowth, Lickilicky, and Mamoswine before the national dex.

Are those the pokemon who evolve by learning a certain move? I've played and beat HGSS. I just never used Aipom, Lickitung, Piloswine or Yanma. I should have known you could get those Pokemon.

My point still stands.

Are those the pokemon who evolve by learning a certain move? I've played and beat HGSS. I just never used Aipom, Lickitung, Piloswine or Yanma. I should have known you could get those Pokemon.

My point still stands.

Yep. What they did was giving us most -although I admit not all- of the new evolutions for Pokémon that debuted in the original GSC, just like your suggestion of expanding the Hoenn Dex with the new evolutions of Pokémon included in the original Hoenn Dex (Gallade and Roserade).

Yep. What they did was giving us most -although I admit not all- of the new evolutions for Pokémon that debuted in the original GSC, just like your suggestion of expanding the Hoenn Dex with the new evolutions of Pokémon included in the original Hoenn Dex (Gallade and Roserade).
5 out of 17 newly introduced evolutions is hardly "most".

It's not as if there are currently enough evolutions of Generation III Pokémon to speak of in the first place. If Game Freak introduce at least five more evolutions in Generation VI, then this discussion will have some merit.

For some reason, I can imagine Game Freak creating another chain of islands next to Hoenn for the post-game section.

Like the Sevii Islands, but maybe there'll be surf routes in between major points. I don't know. I just want Hoenn to have a good post-game adventure. Not as much as Johto, but not as little as Hoenn's.

For some reason, I can imagine Game Freak creating another chain of islands next to Hoenn for the post-game section.

Like the Sevii Islands, but maybe there'll be surf routes in between major points. I don't know. I just want Hoenn to have a good post-game adventure. Not as much as Johto, but not as little as Hoenn's.

Maybe they could add the Volcano Islands or the island chain that includes Okinawa and Naha... DPPt had Sakhalinsk and the southernmost Kuril Island, so I could maybe see it happening.

Maybe they could add the Volcano Islands or the island chain that includes Okinawa and Naha... DPPt had Sakhalinsk and the southernmost Kuril Island, so I could maybe see it happening.

That's possible. And SS Tidal could have a bigger role, other than transporting you between Slateport and Lilycove.

The island of Shikoku is possible. It'd be like the island northeast of Sinnoh.

But isn't Okinawa already taken? If my memory doesn't betray me, Okinawa is Evergrande City.

I was thinking of a possible list of move tutor moves for the remakes. Basically most Move Tutor moves from HeartGold/Soul Silver, Emerald, and Black and White are listed here. However some moves that were previously TM's, and moves that are completely new, are also listed. Note that some moves (Such as Dive) have been removed to avoid redundancy.

Spoiled because the list is kind of long.
Move tutors

Air cutter
AncientPower
Ancient Song*
Aqua Tail
Blast Burn*
Block
Body Slam
Bounce
Bug Bite
Bullet Seed
Clear Smog
Counter
Draco Meteor*
Dragon Dance
Dragon Pulse
Dynamic Punch
Earth Power
Endeavor
Extreme Risk
Fast Guard
Fire Oath*
Fire Punch
Focus Punch
Frenzy Plant*
Fury Cutter
Gastro Acid
Grass Oath*
Gravity
Guard Share
Gunk Shot
Hard Roller
Heal Bell
Healing Wave
Heat Wave
Helping Hand
Hydro Cannon*
Ice Punch
Icy Wind
Iron Defense
Iron Head
Iron Tail
Knock Off
Last Resort
Little by Little
Low Kick
Magnet Rise
Magic Coat
Mega Kick
Mega Punch
Metronome
Meteor Mash
Mimic
Mud-slap
Ominous Wind
Outrage
Pain Split
Power Share
Psycho Shift
Role Play
Rollout
Roost
Seed Bomb
Secret Power
Shock Wave
Signal Beam
Sky Attack
Spite
Stealth Rock
Snore
Super Fang
Sucker Punch
Superpower
Swift
Sword of Mystery*
Synthesis
Tailwind
ThunderPunch
Trick
Twister
Uproar
Vacuum Wave
Water Oath*
Water Pulse
Wide Guard
Worry Seed
Zen Headbutt​
*Can only be learned by a specific Pokemon or group of Pokemon.

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom