• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Growlithe line VS Larvesta line

Articwolf10

Reaction score
160px-058Growlithe.png
/
180px-059Arcanine.png
VS.
636Meraruba.png
/
637Ulgamoth.png

Okay here we are... This time I'm putting the two strongest non-legendary Fire types... Growlith and Arcanine are notable for being the strongest pokemon that has evolved once with a BST of 555. Ulgamoth is the second strongest of that group with a BST of 550

They are both considered 'legendary' Arcanine's title is literally the Legendary Pokemon. Ulgamoth has his own dungeon post-game...

You get the deal

Who looks better/Who'll win/Which is more useful

Arcanine for all for me (Type advantage mostly...)

Edit: Meraruba and Ulgamoth's English names have been semi-confirmed IGN here's the link http://pokejungle.net/2011/01/13/list-of-english-bw-names/ They're names are Larvesta and Volcarona

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Growlith line VS Meraruba line

Arcanine wins on style points alone.

Growlithe!! Always love his family. X3

Growlithe. Better design, less of a weakness to Stealth Rock.

Ulgamoth line. Unique Type Combination. Who cares about Stealth Rock weakness? It's a broken Move anyway. It's way better than your crappy Bug/Flying as well. And those Stats... plus Butterfly Dance and Morning Sun. Much better distribution than Arcanine's too, that's for sure. Might have a shallow-ish Movepool, but Arcanine's ain't stellar, either. Design-wise, Ulgamoth wins as well. It's truly an impressive-looking Pokémon. Not that Arcanine is bad, but I'd believe Ulgamoth to be Legendary before Arcanine, if I didn't know already.

So yeah, Ulgamoth by a long shot.

Arcanine is as classy as it comes, just look at it, beautiful

oh and it also has the type advantage over the meraruba line

Before today, I would have voted Arcanine.

But I just learned that Ulgamoth's English name is Volcarona...

which is completely BA, so I now like the Volcarona line better!

Arcanine, it's one of my favorites.

never got the hype about Arcanine anyway, but Ulgamoth rules. It took down half of the Elite Four on its own in my first playthrough of jp. Black.

Arcanine is the bastard son of the Johto Dogs, its a Demi-Legendary hahaha

Growlithe & Arcanine win for me. They look better and have the type advantage.

Really?

Well, Ulgamoth does have a badass signature move, and also the fact that it can Butterfly Dance is awesome. Medium Fire Dog vs. Giant Flaming Moth of Death. The answer is clear.

Before today, I would have voted Arcanine.

Yeah the name is badass and I love Volcanrona/Ulgamoth it's one of my favorites though Arcanine has always been my favorite Pokemon..

never got the hype about Arcanine anyway, but Ulgamoth rules. It took down half of the Elite Four on its own in my first playthrough of jp. Black.

that is only because the game trainer doesn't use Stealth Rock.

Arcanine Intimidate+Extreme FTW

Arcanine. I like its design better, and it doesn't take 75% damage every time it switches in.

Arcanine because of design and style.

Growlithe line, I just think that ulgamoth looks hideous, if I ever saw one I'd most deafenatly kill it, not make it faint.

Growlithe & Arcanine for sure.

They look a lot better than Ulgamoth IMO.

I honestly like Ulgamoth. Unique typing and cool design, plus, I was never a big fan of Arcanine, anyway. I find myself using a good deal of Bug types as well.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom