• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

More Black and White English names revealed: Names of characters, Pokémon, more revea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: More Black and White English names revealed: Names of characters, Pokémon, more r

Big Eyed Monster, another acronym for aliens...although, it's more common in Japan, as I've never heard it used in America. Japan had an anime called "BEM" I believe, plus Oobem itself has BEM in its name.

Re: More Black and White English names revealed: Names of characters, Pokémon, more r

I like most of the names. Except Flennel's.

Otherwise, both Pokémon and human got pretty decent names. SPECIALLY Bianca.

No comment, except I am glad that Cheren keeps his Wapanese name. Because knowing the way NoA can fuck things up... :eek:hdear:

....the name is Bulgarian.

Im happy with most of the name changes. Though chances are Im gonna leep using the Japanese names, coz thats what Im used to.

Ilike the Bel - Bianca transition, but why wasnt Cheren changed to something black-related? Seems a little half-arsed to me.

Also, Wargle - Braviary shits me. Just when you thought America couldnt get more conceited...
'An American eagle cant refer to war! It must refer to our bravery!!'
Yeah...coz Yanks arent a war-like people...
And Im aware that the indian headress refers to warrior braves, but the second meaning can also be implied.

Uh, Goldenmuk, Cheren does refer to black.

It's the bulgarian word for black.

Well at least, to me, she looks like a Bianca.

No comment, except I am glad that Cheren keeps his Wapanese name. Because knowing the way NoA can fuck things up... :eek:hdear:

... "Wapanese"?

Im happy with most of the name changes. Though chances are Im gonna leep using the Japanese names, coz thats what Im used to.

Ilike the Bel - Bianca transition, but why wasnt Cheren changed to something black-related? Seems a little half-arsed to me.

Also, Wargle - Braviary shits me. Just when you thought America couldnt get more conceited...
'An American eagle cant refer to war! It must refer to our bravery!!'
Yeah...coz Yanks arent a war-like people...
And Im aware that the indian headress refers to warrior braves, but the second meaning can also be implied.
Are you serious no offence but that's trolly n offensive n messy right there!

Anyway I hope the best for Iris, Dento, Aloe, and the others.

The sad thing is that Nintendo cannot please its fans. It is LITERALLY impossible for them to. I'll bet if they had kept the name Bel and changed the name Cheren you STILL would have hated it. No matter what they do, there is so much hate for any changes they make. The few fans who like them will be unheard by the obnoxious negativity that fills every thread. I actually love the new names, every single one of them (especially Braviary, which I loved and thought everyone on this thread would like, too :\). It really makes me sad that you can't just enjoy the new names, or, if you don't, provide some positive criticism.

Last edited:

^^ i agree with you Paragon, Fandom's impossible to please...

also, i don't see what's wrong about the english names, really, most people say they are shitty, but lets compare them to the first gen ones...

Gen V names> Gen I names for me.

I can't wait for the games to come out!!! :boom:

I think I got why Makomo's ( I think that's her name...)Name got changed to Fennel. Fennel Is a natural sleep aid. She studies dreams.

LOL AXEW

I honestly have nothing else to say. What an absolutely stupid name. Bel also did not need her name changed. inb4 Dento becomes Danny

LOL AXEW

I honestly have nothing else to say. What an absolutely stupid name. Bel also did not need her name changed. inb4 Dento becomes Danny

Heh, Danny actually isn't that bad. :B

Heh, Danny actually isn't that bad. :B

It isn't, but it sounds a bit... I dunno, reminds me of people like Justin Bieber/band boys. Yeah, feel free to say that's stupid, but to each their own. I really want the names to stay the same.

I'll definitely get used to Bianca, just can't understand why it was changed. Axew is... no. Definitely won't be getting used to that anytime soon, just like I've yet to get used to Piplup's name. x_x

I'll definitely get used to Bianca, just can't understand why it was changed. Axew is... no. Definitely won't be getting used to that anytime soon, just like I've yet to get used to Piplup's name. x_x
I was surprised by the name Axew, too, but I kinda like it. But your opinion is your choice, so I'm not gonna argue.

It isn't, but it sounds a bit... I dunno, reminds me of people like Justin Bieber/band boys. Yeah, feel free to say that's stupid, but to each their own. I really want the names to stay the same.

Nah, I know exactly what you mean by the band boys thing. ._.
And Axew's alright, but I have no idea how to pronounce it. Is it pronounced "axu", or "asu"? I've heard people saying it's a combination of axe and chew, but that just doesn't work, IMO. =/

Uh, Goldenmuk, Cheren does refer to black.

It's the bulgarian word for black.

-confused- I thought Cheren was a Slavic name... Any word on the name list being fake? You'd think NoA would have said something by now... guess they're real

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom