• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia BMGf Mafia III: GAME OVER: MAFIA WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

hurristat

the future is not written
Reaction score
Yes, the mods were driven out, but the trouble was not over:

Oh, and this is a sequel plot-wise to the previous two games. If you haven't read those, I would at least go and read the opening and final posts by Mijzelffan in those threads so you can grasp the plot.

BMGf Mafia III:
Site Owners vs. Bulbagarden

Mijzelffan sat alone in the dark basement, eating chips and drinking a beer while watching a football game on the television, only illuminated by the flickering lights.

The match ended, Ajax beating PSV 3 to 1. Mijzelffan shut off the television, and stared unblinkingly ahead into the black television screen.

“I know you're there.”

A shape stirred slightly in the shadows.

“What do you want? You won the last game.”

The shadow leaned forward a bit.

“You now have control of BMGf, what more could you want?”

The facial features of hurristat stuck out of the shadow and into the light.

“They're coming. They're going to steal it.”

Mijzelffan rolled his eyes, and flipped on the lightswitch.

“Why must everything you do involve be so melodramatic? Of course they're going to try and steal BMGf away – they're the breeding grounds of Bulbapedia, the single most powerful tool in all of the Pokéverse. With BMGf comes the keys to the world.

“Of course, you hadn't figured that out yet. You were too busy celebrating your victory at Hague Harry's Hotel to notice. The other sites, they infiltrated, and now you can't weed them out with your new-found moderator powers.

“And now you're coming to me for help? I don't think so.”

Hurristat looked down slightly, and then back up.

“I only ask for two things: the keys to the VBfS and the location of Hague Harry's Hotel.” “I still don't understand why I should tell you.”

“You haven't longed for the excitement of the game? The adrenaline rush? We need your help.”

Mijzelffan looked nostalgic for a minute, then: “On one condition: I want to be in this time.”

“Deal.”

[...]

Meanwhile, on the Island of Exile, all the moderators were sitting, wasting time.

$aturn¥oshi married Archaic and Kasumi, and instead of a reveille, everyone awoke to Evil Figment and Mozz arguing. And mostly, things were calm and peaceful. They managed.

Which is why they were surprised one morning when the last two people they suspected showed up on shore: hurristat and Mijzelffan.

Archaic, ever the leader, stepped forward to confront the two unwanted guests. “What do you want?”

“We need you to help us – BMGf is under siege from other Pokémon sites. Now that you're gone, they thought they could fight their way in and take BMGf, and therefore take the key to the PokéVerse: Bulbapedia.”

“Ask me why I care. You kicked me out. It's none of my concern."

Archaic turned around and started to walk back towards the rest of the moderators.

As he walked up to Kasumi, hurristat interrupted:

“They have Zhen Lin.”

Archaic turned around sharply.

“You mean the builder of Bulbapedia? The one who understands how it all works? The first Editor-in-Chief?”

Hurristat nodded.

He looked at Kasumi exasperatedly.

Begrudgingly, he turned back to hurristat.

“Okay, we're in. But only if we can become moderators after the fact.”

“Assuming we win.”

[...]

Hurristat, Mijzelffan, and Archaic unlocked the door to the VBfS machine. A smile crept over Archaic's face.

“Ah, so this was the beautiful beast that allowed me to solidify control over BMGf.”

Hurristat snorted. “I preferred the cliff, but okay, whatever.”

Bob walked up. “I've got it all set up. We'll need to get everyone in the system. Except for one. One person besides me needs to stay out.”

Hurristat and Archaic turned their heads towards Mijzelffan. Mijzelffan tried to deflect some of the pressure, but finally coughed up the truth.

“When I said, I want in, I want in. No more standing on the side and watching.”

Archaic looked hurristat in the eyes and said, very matter-of-factly, “I founded it, bitch.”

Hurristat, resigned to watching, begrudgingly accepted his fate. Bob looked at all three, seeking conclusion, then continued. “Since they've infiltrated the moderating staff, we're gonna need to use the VBfS. It's the only way that you can hunt them down without them knowing. Best of luck.”

And with that, Archaic and Mijzelffan sat down, the last to join the network, and plugged themselves in.

Yes, it's the third, long-awaited installment of the ever-popular BMGf Mafia series started by Mr. Mijzelffan. However, Mr. Mijzelffan tired of these games and wanted to move in a new direction. So I picked it up. But first, before you sign up...

Rules, modified from others' rules:

1. It's strictly prohibited to post your role pm in this thread, or anywhere else. Doing this results into modkill. This doesn't mean you can't roleclaim, but you can't say on what person your role is based. The same goes for any pm's received by me. If you're dead you can freely tell anyone your role.
  2. Other things I will modkill for: cheating, inactivity, and being unsportsmanlike.
  3. No quoting pm's in the game thread. You are allowed mention what was in pm's though.
  4. If you're gonna be inactive, you might not want to sign up. I will use an iron fist on this rule, and I will replace you when you're inactive for 5+ phases in a row. If you have a prearranged long absence, then you can be absent. I will also send you a PM after 4 phases asking if you want to continue playing.
  5. No posting in this thread regularly once you're dead. I will enforce this one as much as I can. And if you're dead, no giving away information, please. You can post a “bah” post, though.
  6. I'd like a copy of all game related pm's. The same goes for any quicktopics created. (Oh, and town, this rule helps you, so make sure you forward all your PMs to me)
  7. The game consists of many phases. Each phase (a day or night) consists of 24 hours. At 10 PM EST a phase will end, and I will update. Make sure you've sent me your night actions by then! (In other terms 2AM GMT until March, 3AM GMT after then)
  8. Every day you can vote someone off (lynching). To vote, say vote: [person]. To change your vote, you will say
    unvote: [person]
    vote: [person2]

If two people get an equal amount of votes, no one will get lynched.
  9. If you change your name, please say so in the thread. Otherwise things can get very confusing for everyone.
  10. The moderator can add or remove rules as he sees fit.

And... A quick background for those who aren't familiar with the game (lifted from Rayne):

In mafia there are two opposing sides, the town and the mafia. The town are usually unaware of each other while the mafia work together to covertly kill the town. It is up to the town to work to take down the mafia before the mafia outnumbers them.

If the town eradicates all mafia members, the town wins. If the mafia outnumbers the town, the mafia wins.

Every day phase, all members are allowed to vote a person to lynch. At the end of the day, the person with the most votes is ‘killed’ or removed from play. In the event of a tie, no players are killed. After this, we enter night phase. During the night, mafia choose who they kill. Some innocents have a role that allows them night actions as well. Standard roles include the Doctor which protects people from dying, and the Cop which is able to determine alliances. These are very valuable members for the innocents. Please use your night actions wisely. Sometimes using them have consequences. Sometimes your roles work better if used with other roles.

Communicate well, and you stand a better chance of winning. This goes for both sides.

Players:

1. Coasting Wingull -- Evil Zhen Lin the Godfather -- Lynched on Day 2
2. Rayne -- Rayne the Deaf Spy -- Died on Night 6
3. Pokemad -- Ivysaur the Gamer -- Lynched on Day 7
4. Sarcastically Insane -- MAGNEDETH the vigilante -- Killed on Night 9
5. ghaskan -- Serebii the Roleblocker -- Lynched on Day 6
6. Umeko -- PlatinumDude the bomb -- Lynched on Day 9
7. weegee -- Max King the Rolestealer -- Lynched on Day 8
8. Teh Shiny Drapion
9. EpicYoshi
10. Synthesis -- evkl the backup -- killed on Night 5
11. Hellion -- Dogasu the spy -- lynched on Day 5
12. J J M
13. Turtwig's A-B-Cs -- Archaic the police officer -- killed on Night 3
14. Shiny Celebi -- Mijzelffan the reviver -- killed on Night 1
15. lizzxxk -- Satoshi-kun the Role-switcher -- killed on Night 8
16. Holo-Chan
18. Phoenicks -- Evil Figment the commuter -- killed on Night 10
17. Challenge Accepted (Samurai) -- RexRacer the Agent -- Killed on Night 2
19. Badal
20. -CuboneKing- -- GrnMarvl14 the comic -- Killed on Night 5
21. Iteru, has Badal's role -- chaos the elusive -- GAME WINNER
22. Sourcandy, has Holo-Chan's role -- Kasumi the Doctor -- Killed on Night 4
23. Ryuutakeshi, has EpicYoshi's role -- Ryuutakeshi the Public Speaker -- Lynched on Day 3
24. Mijzelffan, has J J M's role -- Mozz the spectator -- Blown to smithereens on Day 9
25. Shiny Celebi 2.0, has Teh Shiny Drapion's role -- $aturn¥oshi the Beloved -- Killed on Night 7

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: BMGf Mafia III (Day 1: The Dawn of a New Game)

The war between Bulbagarden and the Site Owners was really starting to ramp up.

But Bulbagarden had an ace up their sleeve: the old moderators. The Site Owners wouldn't expect them to join.

They'd find out pretty soon.

Right before Mijzelffan and Archaic were done jumping into the VBfS system. I heard a noise – a scuffling noise. I turned around, and Bob was gone (again).

It had begun.

It is now Day 1

Vote: Site Owners

^You clever thing.

End thread, Moderators win. :p

HEY EVERYONE I KNOW WHO THE MAFIA ARE

That's awfully suspicious of you, sir.

Vote: hurristat

You guys stole my idea :/ I'm the one that does that.

Vote: Sarcastically Insane.

He always seems to be up to something, and if a namekill's all I can get at this point, I'm fine with it. Better to kill somebody than nobody!

HERP DERP I BET SOMEONE WILL TAKE THAT SERIOUSLY.

Just fyi, while you guys are joking with these votes, real votes /do/ have to be bolded.

So tempted to vote for Shiny Celebi. Havn't you been Mafia in the other BMGf Mafia Games?

Man, y'all guys is whack.

Exactly why that one isn't.

ALSO: I won't be on Saturday, or most of Friday. Possibly a bit of Sunday, as well. Camping trip.

What makes you think I am in this one just cause I was in BMGf Mafia II? I think you'd be making a serious mistake there. Actually you will be making a huge mistake

Pretty defensive, hon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom