• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BW025 - Hiun City Gym Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BW22 & 25!?

It wouldn't make any sense for the Brock and Dawn episodes to be part of Best Wishes.

Best Wishes is about Ash's journey through the Unova region. So it wouldn't make any sense for these episodes to be part of Best Wishes.

So why is it taking best wishes time slot? Quite simple, there are two episodes it would take two weeks if it was aired on "Pokemon Smash." They seem to want to do this in one week and be done with it, so they can go back to Best Wishes. That's why it's taking place on a Thursday and not on Sunday.

But again it would make no sense to classify these as Best Wishes episodes. The animation doesn't even match the current series, attract is pink in BW, while in the DP series it was gold/yellow. We see attract used on Sudowoodo, and it was gold/yellow. These episodes were definitely meant to be DP special episodes. Not Best Wishes.

I like the pacing of this series; it feels just right. In Kanto, they had nearly got to the fifth badge in 25 episodes; so that means that Unova isn't super fast like Kanto, but it still isn't as fast paced as Hoenn yet. Due to that, I'll speculate that Unova ends somewhere around the 100-episode mark, which means we might go back to Johto for the forgotten Gen IV Battle Frontier to spend the last 90 episodes.

It wouldn't make any sense for the Brock and Dawn episodes to be part of Best Wishes.

Best Wishes is about Ash's journey through the Unova region. So it wouldn't make any sense for these episodes to be part of Best Wishes.

So why is it taking best wishes time slot? Quite simple, there are two episodes it would take two weeks if it was aired on "Pokemon Smash." They seem to want to do this in one week and be done with it, so they can go back to Best Wishes. That's why it's taking place on a Thursday and not on Sunday.

But again it would make no sense to classify these as Best Wishes episodes. The animation doesn't even match the current series, attract is pink in BW, while in the DP series it was gold/yellow. We see attract used on Sudowoodo, and it was gold/yellow. These episodes were definitely meant to be DP special episodes. Not Best Wishes.

^^This, but people are sure to come and say that Attract means nothing... just you wait...

an example of how this isn't part of BW:
http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/houen/

look, the specials are in the list, but they are classified differently.

look, the specials are in the list, but they are classified differently.

Because Serebii is totally an official site... how can you even compare the two? the "Chronicles" side story eps aired on Housou (similar to Sunday/Smash) and didn't take the place of an AG ep

Hey your here as well, it's annoying that Serebii is down, i only think the bug should be in the battle because it's stage 2 evolution is possibly with Arty.

Think about it

Lt. Surge
Pikachu faced Raichu

Winnona
Swellow vs. Swellow

Gardenia
Turtwig vs. Turtwig

Crasher wake
Buizel vs. Floatzel

I think whenever Ash has a Pokemon on his main team, that a gym leader also has, or the pre/evolution of it, they want them to face each other.

So if Ash gets the bug i think it will definitely be used it in the battle.

What about Kenhouru VS Kenhouru at the sixth gym? But that'd be too similar to when Ash battled Winona.

At your other post: Yea, I hardly go on here though, it's difficult to go on these 2 sites repeatedly.:p

Actually, it's probably because the regular Pocket Monsters Thursday time slot gets a hell of a lot more viewers than the Sunday Pokemon Smash time slot. These two episodes are all-new and cost as much to produce as a regular BW episode, so airing it at a time when more people will watch it makes sense, no?

I'm positive that the DP special is part of the Best Wishes series , because on the source that revealed the titles of 22 and 25 its says that ep22 airs on 2/17 and ep25 (the gym battle) airs on 3/10.

If we believe to the titles, we should believe to the airdates too right?

So it means the DP special is BW019 and 20, and BW21 airs on 10 february.

Because Serebii is totally an official site... how can you even compare the two? the "Chronicles" side story eps aired on Housou (similar to Sunday/Smash) and didn't take the place of an AG ep

true, but i did say it was an example, not something set on stone.

The Hikari and Takeshi specials have their own thread. This one is for the two Hiun City episodes. Let's get back on topic.

If he was wrong with the dates, I kind of believe the titles are not real too.

If he was wrong with the dates, I kind of believe the titles are not real too.
He is a famous seiyū and is voicing Arti (or so have I heard). Why would the titles be fake?

Last edited:
Re: BW22 & 25 - Hiun City and the Gym Battle

I dont why everyone gets excited about the fast pacing of the series, who said that he will beat ArTi in his first attempt! Hope Ash gets his ass kicked!

here they posted the titles a while ago but they doesnt have any confirmation

http://www.pocketmonsters.net/series/28

and they posted BW22 as BW20, but that should be the swan pre-ev episode!

The VA confirmed Ash wins on his first attempt. Not that its really shocking news, Ash is going to beat lots of Gym leaders his first try.

The VA confirmed Ash wins on his first attempt. Not that its really shocking news, Ash is going to beat lots of Gym leaders his first try.

He did? When?

I must have missed it. Not really surprised though.

I have a feeling that someone took my Yamcha joke as confirmation Ash would win...

:0

This has been confirmed by the blog. xD

That doesn't surprise me what with the group spending three episodes in Hiun City prior to the gym battle. Back in DP, they were only in Oreburgh for four episodes, and the second episode of that was the first attempt for the gym battle. Compare that to the (seemingly) faster-paced BW, and I don't see how they could spend more than five or six episodes in Hiun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom