• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

D/P cast REVEALED?

Which makes one wonder, what part will each take in the trio?

And will the new legendaries play a greater role than in the past? I don't recall them on the AG poster.

I was fully expecting an entire cast change, minus Ash. (Gary had better return to being a rival...)

The new guy looks interesting, I hope he has a more prominent role. Especially since the writers are no longer trying (and failing) to balance 4 characters.

New Guy looks like a younger version of Jindai.

That's what everybody on Serebii's been saying. xD Yay, Jindai2.

He looks more like the guy who beat Kenta in de Crystal opening imo.

Well, that would be interesting, since Silver is Giovanni's kid...

So apparently Gary, Drew, and Brandon got caught in a blender and the result is a new character for Diamond/Pearl.

Beat a Blender mix of Brock, Tracey and Max. *shrugs*

This trio reminds me of the Naruto dynamic. Stupid main protagonist, cool bishounen parter, and sweet ditsy girl all working together.

Speaking of which, expect a torrent of Ash/Purplehair slash.

Also, the way that there seemes to be 9 major members of team Galaxy, one for each planet, suggests to me that the games are focusing more on beating the villains ala XD and Col by having a bunch of villains with more individual personalities - like the Cipher Admins. Eseentially adding 9 evil Gym Leaders to the games. This may mean the anime may actually have to focus on badguy fighting stories for a while. Which would balance the characters nicely. One of the Gyms, one for the Contests, and one for the Galaxy Admins.

Last edited:
can I just say now that Scott/Cyber Cube or whatever ...SHUT UP. thank you, and maybe a brief laugh on my part that May isn't in.

What if this new character is the rival that comes up in one of the first D/P episodes?

If not, Hikari's supposed to be centered on the legendaries right? So what if she takes on the Team G Leaders, Ash the standard G Leaders, and the new kid, contests? It'd be interesting to watch a "cool" male, Co-ordinator. It'd bring a new perspective to contests, and also save us from the complaints that would arise if Hikari does them. :p

But one of them has to be demoted then

Talk to me after Sailor Pluto finishes kicking the butts of the people who decided that. It's only a matter if time.

Ha. I make a funny.

That purplehaired dude is awesome!

It is kind of weird, but Pokemon may be the longest running anime aimed at kids over 8 which hasn't featured a angstybishounen stock main character in its entire length of time, till now.

Looking cool. I doubt Ash would stand back and let Hikari do all the Galaxy battles but she could still be more... concerned over it.

So Jindai Jr. will be "Super Coordinator", i suppose.

As much as i wanted DP cast not to include Ash, i'm glad it looks like that. Seems to be cooler than ever.

He clearly didn't want to be gone, though. Just look at the latest preview.

We're not going to get a May spin-off series but I am positive that this week's episode will not be the last we see of her.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom