• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

IGN reveals more English Black and White names: Pokémon, abilities, moves translated

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
IGN reveals more English Black and White names: Pokémon, abilities, moves translated

IGN has recently updated to include new English translations of Black and White Pokémon, moves and abilities. Among the changes are Deerling (Shikijika), Basculin (Basslao) and Watchog (Miruhog).

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: IGN reveals more English Black and White names: Pokémon, abilities, moves transla

Are these the same as the unconfirmed names?

Re: IGN reveals more English Black and White names: Pokémon, abilities, moves transla

I guess it didn't really come as a surprise to anyone that these ones match the leaked names as well. :p

Sap Sipper sounds a little odd, but I guess it's okay.

minimag said:

The Pokemon names are the same as the leaked list so far.

Sap Sipper? What the fuck?! Really...was herbivore too complicated of a word for 6 year olds or something?

Bulbanews said:
Sap Sipper (was Herbivorous)

...da fuck?

There is a genuine problem to be had with Sap sipper, because it has really little to do with herbivores, which was a better and wider definition and wouldn't have had problems with down the line like we do with Sap sipper...

Goddamn it NoA.

Look at Basculin, it's so masculin!

I guess Watchog makes sense (Miru + hog, after all).

And Deerling = "deer" + "yearling", I'm willing to bet.

sap sipper sap sipper.

With the sippin and the sappin and the bippin and the bapping.

They don't know what the jazz is all about.

None of the Pokemon with the ability "Sap sipper" would actually sip sap...

yes

and in case you were still doubting, this all but confirms the leaked list; these matching names simply cannot be a coincidence.

Deerling? really? too bland.
Basculin is actually pretty good.
Swanna...meh
Watchog...also meh

yes

and in case you were still doubting, this all but confirms the leaked list; these matching names simply cannot be a coincidence.

Yup... unofficially/indirectly confirmed. Unless there's a beta name somewhere or a typo or something like that. But those aren't things one should COUNT ON on this list.

The more name matches that occur, the more ridiculous it would be for someone official not to come out and say that the list is fake, anyway.

I'm going to venture that the reason it's not "Herbivore" or "Herbivorous" is because that's going to make it sound like your critter plans, or at least wants, to eat that Victreebel outright. That might not be the sort of thing NoA wants to imply (despite the difference between normative plants on the one hand, and Victreebel and other plant-like Fair Folk on the other).

^ Yeah, I remember. Actually, what I posted last could've also been said about that reveal.

Sap Sipper... Whatever...

I'm pretty sure Sap Sipper is probably an euphemism for oral sex...and if it's not, it should be.

But I do LOVE Basculin, such an awesome name...makes me want to draw the Basurao brothers with giant forearms.

lol acrobatics.

True to a "Tee"! (or however you say it)

That's right lol,

Grass eater would've been sufficient at least.
Just...why sap sipper

why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom