• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Advanceshipping General Discussion

Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

I'm back!!!
If May got her own Special Episode, what would happen in it?

It would probably be about her contests. Probably either her in a contest or training for one, and yes... there would be ADV :kawaii:

Just 3 days until the Dawn/Brock specials, YAYZ!

Screenshot2011-01-27at35920AM.png

Another little cameo from May :D

I saw that scene from a video and it's very caring of Brock to put up the photos of his friends.:) Seems like the writers didn't forgot about Misty, I feel bad for her being absent all this time.:-( Still I'm glad she's there and May too, YAY!:cheers:

Focusing on her contest journey, no doubt. I also expect to see the evolutions of Bulbasaur and Wartortle and maybe see an BW-esque update on the design...by that I mean the pupils(Jessie has the same eye color like May and it got updated) and I guess showing a visible fang....>.> No need to rain on my parade folks...<.<

The Advance page is shorter because it's not divided into Ash's hints and May's hints. Your hints are consolidated; the others aren't.

I thought the reason why the Advance page isn't divided like that cuz the whole 'Person A hints' and 'Person B hints' were one-sided like Poke and Pearl.

I remembered that there are are a lot more hints in the Advance page than how it is now. Somebody cropped the minor hints, but my memory's hazy so I can't remember how many of these minor hints were removed. But I do remember that the page is a lot larger from what I remembered than it is now.

I have nothing against the opposing ships, but I see that the Pearl and Poke pages are larger because they have included minor hints, and no one's even bothered to discuss them whether they should stay on the page or be removed. Even the Negai page is rapidly growing at this point so early for Best Wishes, and some of the hints are questionable, to say the least.

yup that's so true. it's weird that other shipping pages list tons of questionable hints. Like pearlshipping for example. i'm not bashing pearlshipping here, since i don't hate on paticular ships just because they have little or no hints. i just want you guys to know that.

in fact most of my otp's are crossover, and you know crossover don't have hints because they have never officially met.

Iam back =D, how I missed this Thread. It looks like I have to do some catching up.

Time to answer some topics:
How has your opinion of Advanceshipping changed from your initial reaction to it over the time you've been an Advanceshipper? Has May's current absence from the show diminished your enthusiasm for Advanceshipping or only strengthened your resolve?

My opinion really hasn't changed, but I do wish that there was something that could more that would give us a little more hope.

Next...

This is a very interesting topic. I think the May's Special Episode would revolve around her contest with some AS moments thrown into the mix. If May does get her own special and if it does have AS moments then it would give me a little more hope.

Your hints are consolidated; the others aren't.
If that's the case, then, why not just discuss with the other editors about the content of the other shipping pages? I'm not telling anyone to do their job, but I think it's better to keep all the pages from containing minor hints and instead include only solid ones.

All I can think of is that it would probably be about Contests. Apart from that, maybe include her exploring the idea of seeing her friends again(specially Ash, ;-)). When I actually see the special episodes revolving around Brock and Dawn, maybe I could get a better idea.

How has your opinion of Advanceshipping changed from your initial reaction to it over the time you've been an Advanceshipper? Has May's current absence from the show diminished your enthusiasm for Advanceshipping or only strengthened your resolve?

What the!? That's my topic...

I suppose that my initial reaction to Advanceshipping, considering that it was to the events of AG072/73/74, was somewhat hasty and misjudged. Since I was unfamiliar to the AG, I assumed that nearly every episode would have similar shippy moments. Unfortunately, that assumption was not correct. Having gone back and watched all Advanceshipping hints, though, there really is no new material to really motivate me in the current state of the anime. The occasional fanart or fanfic is sufficient.

As for the second question, I think May's absence from the group throughout most of DP and, as it appears, BW, has really been a Double-Edge. Of course none of us wanted to see May leave, and we in this thread have lost quite a bit of our energy since her departure. On the other hand, we have considerable hope to rally around, supported by May's Wallace Cup cameo. Personally, I think that I've become very stubborn about my support, having been averse to watching most of DP and now BW. Perhaps now I have motivation to write more.

Ahh, im so sorry. i knew someone took it but i didn't mean to... i mean. sorry. i didn't mean to take the topic off you.

Okay, its time for more fanfics to take the stage. yayy.

TargetsIn the harsh world of the Apocalypse Archipelago, Ash Ketchum and his friends meet the enigmatic Jene family. Are they the trustworthy enemies of evil they claim to be? Or the emmisaries of destruction their enemies say they are?

This story needs more love. it is written very well. although you have to read each chapter slowly and carefully as the POV changes very often. its a good read and its different from the classic lovey dovey save the girl advanceshipping fics. a good read.

Reaching for the StarsAfter figuring out Dawn's secret May agrees to help her get together with Ash. But will she be able to overcome past feelings that she once thought were put to rest?

A great oneshot by my oldest FF.net friend, LuciferIX. its really cute and well written. a quick read but a good one.

The Ties of FriendshipMay is in the final battle of the Johto Grand Festival and isn't doing too well. Will the memories of a certain someone bring her back on her feet enough to win the battle?

A short ten chapter story and once again written by LuciferIX. each chapter just keeps getting better. another good read.

My Lone HeroAfter being saved from being haressed, May starts to see the loner of the class,Ash in a different way

It starts off as that classic high school fanfic. although the few chapters aren't as detail this writter has been improving heaps by each chapter. by chapter eight there is a huge change to polt which i think makes it more interesting to read.

The Kids Are AlrightThe Sinnoh Conference Has Begun And While Everything Starts out Normally, The memories soon start Pouring in and new thoughts begin forming.

I like this story alot even though each chapter is very very long. o.o its hard to read it in one sitting which makes me come back for more. i love the whole plot and how everything is written. a good read, as long you don't get blind by the detail and how long each chapter is.

Contest and pokemon. thats all i can really think about atm. writers block. "yay"

(had to uplode this myself. bublagarden was begin fussy to me again. thanks DarkDreams for the scrrenshot)

brock.jpg

Yay, May and Misty. im so glad they didn't forget the AG season and the Kanto-Johto arc as well. im happy now. =)

Last edited:

It would probably be about contests (Maybe Johto Grand Festival?) with maybe some small AS hints in it.

I don't believe how late CN here in my country is. Apparently, Movie 9 is going to premiere... this Friday. Wut.:banghead:

The only consolation for me is that I'll finally be able to watch it.

I don't believe how late CN here in my country is. Apparently, Movie 9 is going to premiere... this Friday. Wut.:banghead:

The only consolation for me is that I'll finally be able to watch it.

Wow, well CN hasn't even showed the thrid and final season of DP over here. it seems only the US CN is up to date with the anime. =(

Probably we will get to see the events which occurred when May was in Johto and how she performed in Johto GF.
I hope to see some Advanceshippiness in the form of Teracota half ribbon. Afterall May did say that it has became her good luck charm in Johto.

Next....

Ever since I became an Advanceshipper, my reaction to it has pretty much remained the same. I honestly don't see any reason for any change in it. May's absence from the main cast has diminished my faith in AS. But I'm still enthusiastic about watching AS videos, fanarts, reading fanfics etc...

Movie nine is the best movie.

Yeah, that was epic.

Last edited:

Wow, well CN hasn't even showed the thrid and final season of DP over here. it seems only the US CN is up to date with the anime. =(
The main series shown here is worse, having just finished Battle Dimension and showing no signs of continuing, yet(hiatus again?!). They also(as of tonight) went to a rerun of Battle Frontier.

This is all speculation based on reading the brief summary instead of actually seeing the episode, but... if Dawn really is going to Hoenn, then there's a good chance that she'll meet up with May, who around this time should have finished up in Johto. Maybe...?

If there's anything in Movie 9 that you would want to change, what would it be?

How about a little more b/w Ash and May near the end, considering Ash saved May's life for the ?th time (I didn't exactly keep track) and nearly drowned saving Samaya? Ash reminds me of Rodney Dangerfield: he don't get no respect.

Anyone remember the japanese trailer for movie nine? where Ash and May seem to be taken into some sort of river with Manaphy and Pikachu tagging along? i wished they could add that becoz i really want to know how that happened and what could of happened next. who knows, maybe if they added that part in we could of got more hints. =)

Anyone remember the japanese trailer for movie nine? where Ash and May seem to be taken into some sort of river with Manaphy and Pikachu tagging along? i wished they could add that becoz i really want to know how that happened and what could of happened next. who knows, maybe if they added that part in we could of got more hints. =)

Yeah, I wanted to see that =\ Ash, despite being dragged along the currents, was trying to reach May I think. It would have been cute =3=

And one more thing to change: Only May and Ash and Manaphy zooms around the palace.

This is like opening pandoras box for me @.@

But instead of ranting, i'll just say, It would have been far more entertaining if may was in clear view of the crown and actually watched Ash "sorta drown" (I can't recall if she was actually). It would have been interesting to see her reaction to one of her best friends drown. Although one could argue that she might, instead of doing the heart swap/prayer, she might become overwhelemd with shock (as she is quiet young).

Besides that...it should have been directed by...michael bay.."gets shot"

Ahh, im so sorry. i knew someone took it but i didn't mean to... i mean. sorry. i didn't mean to take the topic off you.

Okay, its time for more fanfics to take the stage. yayy.

TargetsIn the harsh world of the Apocalypse Archipelago, Ash Ketchum and his friends meet the enigmatic Jene family. Are they the trustworthy enemies of evil they claim to be? Or the emmisaries of destruction their enemies say they are?

This story needs more love. it is written very well. although you have to read each chapter slowly and carefully as the POV changes very often. its a good read and its different from the classic lovey dovey save the girl advanceshipping fics. a good read.

Reaching for the StarsAfter figuring out Dawn's secret May agrees to help her get together with Ash. But will she be able to overcome past feelings that she once thought were put to rest?

A great oneshot by my oldest FF.net friend, LuciferIX. its really cute and well written. a quick read but a good one.

The Ties of FriendshipMay is in the final battle of the Johto Grand Festival and isn't doing too well. Will the memories of a certain someone bring her back on her feet enough to win the battle?

A short ten chapter story and once again written by LuciferIX. each chapter just keeps getting better. another good read.

My Lone HeroAfter being saved from being haressed, May starts to see the loner of the class,Ash in a different way

It starts off as that classic high school fanfic. although the few chapters aren't as detail this writter has been improving heaps by each chapter. by chapter eight there is a huge change to polt which i think makes it more interesting to read.

The Kids Are AlrightThe Sinnoh Conference Has Begun And While Everything Starts out Normally, The memories soon start Pouring in and new thoughts begin forming.

I like this story alot even though each chapter is very very long. o.o its hard to read it in one sitting which makes me come back for more. i love the whole plot and how everything is written. a good read, as long you don't get blind by the detail and how long each chapter is.

Contest and pokemon. thats all i can really think about atm. writers block. "yay"

(had to uplode this myself. bublagarden was begin fussy to me again. thanks DarkDreams for the scrrenshot)

brock.jpg

Yay, May and Misty. im so glad they didn't forget the AG season and the Kanto-Johto arc as well. im happy now. =)

Is t bad that I've read all of those fanfics already....long ago ._.?

Besides that...it should have been directed by...michael bay.."gets shot"

If it were directed by Michael Bay, then halfway through the film the American Army would come roaring down over the ocean with enough stealth bombers in the sky to blot out the sun, and they would bomb Phantom's submarine to a million pieces. Then, the rest of the movie we would be watching the American flag, flapping in the wind, with the American national anthem playing in the back ground.

Back
Top Bottom