• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Skin Questions Thread

Can we post a thread for each new skin that we plan on making? (With the IDEA prefix, of course.)

*edit* Oops, just read the other thread. Never mind about that, then.

Can users provide a screenshot of what they expect the details to look like?

Can we create our own template skin (on another forum like MyBB) as a preview to what the skin would look like?

• Staff
If you'd like, you can. But again, you don't need to put in a ton of work; remember that we're going to be whittling down the suggestions we get into just the most well-liked ideas. So it'd be a shame for people to put together full mockups. Linking a few colors, though, couldn't hurt.

We need at least one skin with a motif similar to the 503 April Fool's skin, a personal favorite of mine.

And also, to help people who will be making preview images, does vB4's layout look compared to the layout now?

And also, to help people who will be making preview images, does vB4's layout look compared to the layout now?

As far as my experiences with it are, it's completely different.

The front page is no longer the tabular layout that we're all used to, with threads/posts/views getting their own columns. Also, the text is so narrow >_<

As far as my experiences with it are, it's completely different.

The front page is no longer the tabular layout that we're all used to, with threads/posts/views getting their own columns. Also, the text is so narrow >_<

I suspect this is the layout, correct?

vb4sample.png

If I make a skin, do I just make a huge background image?

You guys don't actually have to make a skin. Just mention a skin idea like "Pikachu's Paradise: a yellow-themed skin with lots of Pikachu" or "Geodude's Garden: heavy on the browns and greys. An industrial look." Or something of that sort.

Okay.
So basically just brainstorm and come up with a legitimately good idea.
But where do we put the idea?

Real quick question here: I'm using the World Beyond skin and for some reason, when a blog author comments on his blog, the background of his post is a ridiculous light blue, making the post hard to read with the white text. I was kind of wondering why this hadn't been, well, fixed.

Real quick question here: I'm using the World Beyond skin and for some reason, when a blog author comments on his blog, the background of his post is a ridiculous light blue, making the post hard to read with the white text. I was kind of wondering why this hadn't been, well, fixed.

As far as I know, this is a problem with blog text color not being customizable in vB3 (and thus it inherits the text color from another place). vB4 handles blog and profile customization differently so we'll see and try to prevent this as well as possible. It probably hasn't been fixed in vB3 since, well, it'd have required modifying the blog modules.

Just a question, how do we put pictures of what we want buttons or the like to look like? Or should we just upload them?

You don't have to do either. A description is good though. An image is even better but don't work too hard to find one.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom