• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Characters that Can/Should appear in Best Wishes

Other than Cynthia, I'm always hoping for Misty's return.

Misty has nothing to do with the BW games, so I'm sure she'll be treated the way she was in DP. Maybe one brief mention along the way, or something minor.

Barry and Paul would be other great cameos and I'd LOVE a rematch between Ash and Paul(Ash wins!), or Paul to meet Trip but I get the feeling that they may get a long cause they're both quiet and powerful individuals.

What would the point of Ash challenging Paul again be? Likewise Paul's been essentially replaced, and I feel Paul's character would be ruined if you tried to shoe him into Ash's main rival again.

Barry I can't see appearing at all as he's a 4th gen character, and Bel is pretty much him as a girl anyway.

What would the point of Ash challenging Paul again be? Likewise Paul's been essentially replaced, and I feel Paul's character would be ruined if you tried to shoe him into Ash's main rival again.

Well, yeah, I feel that way too. I don't think that they should have a battle in a looong time, perhaps in a similar matter that Gary challenged Ash, an entire region later :p

If RSE remakes are on their way, I can see Dawn come back the way May did...maybe. The only problem would be her motive to come back since there is an apparent lack of contests.

Or Reggie, but his Regises are kinda not with him and he's been recurring quite a bit...

Personally I can't see them using Dawn to advertise R/S remakes. How does using a 4th gen girl to advertise Hoenn make any sense?

...Very discreetly and subconsciously :p

I would think that a name drop would be significant enough, tales of her journey etc. Perhaps a new hoenn pokemon on her team?

I'm definitely not getting my hopes up, but, you know. There's a slim chance.

If RSE remakes are on their way, I can see Dawn come back the way May did...maybe. The only problem would be her motive to come back since there is an apparent lack of contests.

I don't think Dawn would have to go to Isshu to advertise contests for RSE remakes. I think she could very well stay in Hoenn and make appearances in more specials.

May's DP appearance had nothing to do with the eventual remakes; that was Lyra's role. I fail to see why this would be different if there were to be remakes in this generation (which I doubt).

Dawn retaining her Sinnoh team doesn't suggest that she is going to catch Hoenn Pokémon, either. She seems to be receiving exactly the same treatment as May did, which is to say that her going to Hoenn means nothing.

Last edited:
Candidates which have advantage over others of which i want to see in BW:
Let see:
-Misty:its truly a shame how much this great character is being ignored like she never existed definitely deserving some screntime(imo she deserves to return as main but meh i guess this would be good too) getting update of her and potentially receiving more development advancing her story which was left unfinished in many areas.
Scenarios behind her shorter return could be:
-to come help Iris about potential problems of becoming gym leader with Iris learning something from her(similar to how May helped Dawn)with possible connection between them hamging up in the air having some things in common
-coming for some water tournament to advancve her goal and skills as trainer would also make sense
-coming to catch some new water types which arent available in Kanto(due to Unova region being very far from other regions thats entirely possible)also sounds plausible,
-deciding to meet some powerful water trainer who she viewes like her idol wanting to learn someting from it

There are more ideas,but i narrowed choice down to this four for now.

-Dawn:just like any other character before her who got cameo during region its fair that she gets one aswell to inform viewers how is her next journey going and what has been happning with character in meantime.
Possible scnearios behind return:
-to come to try promote idea of pokemon contests in Unova region among people to get them familiarized with different style of battling in case contests dont exist in that region.
-to come for some tag battle tournament which fits her character considering how she already took partake in different kind of events aside from contests in DpP.

-Brock:for same reason as Dawn he should appear to.
Possible scenarios behind return:
-travell to Unova for doctor purposes to examine new pokemon and do some research about them
-to hear about some famous pokemon doctor who lives in Unova deciding to travell over there to meet him and gain some knowleadge about it.

Misty has nothing to do with the BW games, so I'm sure she'll be treated the way she was in DP. Maybe one brief mention along the way, or something minor.

That doesnt matter because many times in past characters appeared or even sticked to main cast despite stopping to exist in games(like Brock) or never being in them in first place.

If she were to return she would probably get some new pokemon from 5th generation games to have promotional value if she comes back.

Last edited:
I would love to see Ritchie again, yes he is an Ash clon but he had even something special. Yes it has the same training methods but he shared the same passion.

Of course I would love to see all male PlCh from the games!

Barry I can't see appearing at all as he's a 4th gen character, and Bel is pretty much him as a girl anyway.

Ok. This is what really annoys me.
Just because Bel looks 'similar' to Barry, does not mean there's no chance of Barry appearing. At the end of the day, the writers can bring in whoever they want and whenever they want no matter what region they come from. Since the thread did say 'characters' and not just '5th gen characters' we are free to say whatever character we wish to appear. C:

Anyway, back on topic.

I think Cynthia should appear, since she's in the BW games and Looker is coming back. I also wouldn't mind seeing past characters such as Gary, Paul, Barry, Misty and Dawn (and only because I like these characters and that I want them to appear, not saying they will)
As for BW characters I would love to see Cheren, N and the Elite Four appear.

I would love to see Ritchie again, yes he is an Ash clon but he had even something special. Yes it has the same training methods but he shared the same passion.

Of course I would love to see all male PlCh from the games!

ZOMG! Just for that comment you are now my new favourite and I shall eternally love you ;)

But anyways, aside from the obvious [Misty], I think the following should also (re)appear:

1.) Corn - He's ace, and I'm a sucker for the water type. Also, I think it would be a stellar oppourtunity for Dent Cilan & Corn to have some nice brother-brother bonding (and maybe more, if you're into Cilan/Cornshipping, w/e that's called).

2.) Bel - for lulz

3.) Paul - for the evulz

4.) The Cerulean Sisters

5.) Aya - I don't know why, I just really liked her character and would like to see her return as a COD.

6.) May - considering she's the only retired main character who hasn't had a special yet, I think she deserves at least another COD episode.

7.) Tracey - Poor, poor tracey. Retired after just 30 something episodes, and he wasn't a bad character IMO either.

8.) Ritchie - Mentioned above, just for shameless fuel for League and/or ILUshipping (finally has a name!). You know you want it too ;p

9.) Ash's dad - please please please resolve this writers! We all know its Giovanni anyways

10.) Todd - For Snapshipping

Characters that can/should appear?

Cynthia/Shirona, definitely.

Volkner/Denzi well, cause of Kamitsure's crush on him. After all, Volkner was the reason she became an Electric type Gym Leader.

Maybe Scott? in order to form a new Battle Frontier in Isshu. That's all I can think of right now, other then Tracey being as a cameo every now and then like Oak.

Hikari,
Shirona,
Haruka,
Kasumi,
Shuu,
Harley,
Shinji,
And ofcourse Musashi, Kojiro and Nyasu...

^^ I'm pretty sure it was a joke...
but i would also like Casey, i liked her, and Drew, Harley and Solidad.

Brendan, May, Wally, Dawn, Brock, Cynthia, Misty, Tracy, Paul, and Gary

Brendan and Wally beacuse they can promote the Gen 3 game remakes

Just because Bel looks 'similar' to Barry, does not mean there's no chance of Barry appearing. At the end of the day, the writers can bring in whoever they want and whenever they want no matter what region they come from. Since the thread did say 'characters' and not just '5th gen characters' we are free to say whatever character we wish to appear. C:

To be honest, they really don't. Barry wasn't a "main" rival either, so if Paul doesn't re-appear, then Barry sure as hell won't. Paul appearing is questionable, so they sure won't choose a secondary rival like Barry over Paul either way.

I can't see Dawn appearing simply because there are no Contests. She has no reason to meet Iris at all.

To be honest, they really don't. Barry wasn't a "main" rival either, so if Paul doesn't re-appear, then Barry sure as hell won't. Paul appearing is questionable, so they sure won't choose a secondary rival like Barry over Paul either way.

I can't see Dawn appearing simply because there are no Contests. She has no reason to meet Iris at all.

Paul/Shinji aint even in the video games.

Cause' you know she wouldnt come just to see her friend would she?

Paul/Shinji aint even in the video games.

That's actually a reason he could appear, he's not specifically tied down to a game. I don't think he will though. He's not traveling in Isshu so I don't see him appearing just for the hell of it. I guess we can hope he gets a special or something.

Cause' you know she wouldnt come just to see her friend would she?

You can say the same for any of Ash's older friends, and we know not all of them (if any) will appear in Isshu.

And?....
So what if Barry wasn't a main rival, he was still ASH's rival, his second rival of DP.
Since Barry appeared late, in my own opinion I think there could be a chance for him to come back, not saying he will come back as if I'm a writer or something, this is just my own opinion so there's no point arguing back. C:

And honestly, I don't see why you're arguing against other people's opinions on who they think which characters SHOULD appear, this is not what this thread is about in case you didn't know. You're now saying Dawn won't appear? *sigh* I give up. I thought this thread was about which characters should appear, not which characters shouldn't appear.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom