• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Animals, Plants and other Things not already used for Pokémon

Re: Animals, not already used for Pokémon

A tardigrade (water bear) sounds awesome and strangely adorable. "Aww, who's a little indestructable battle machine? You are, yes you are!"

Last edited:

Erm ...

What about Porcupine , Hedgehog , Turtle , Lion , Armadillo and maybe instead of shiny Pokemon they should make albino ones :D

Dude, how far are you with pokemon? :/

We have allot of Turtles dude. Quit acting dumb, if your a fan of pokemon you should know we had turtles since the very beginning.
sugimori007.png
sugimori008.png
sugimori009.png
sugimori324.png
20090601031122!387Turtwig.png
20100326161139!388Grotle.png
20090820002526!389Torterra.png
20101120054901!564Purotoga.png
20101218020328!565Abagoura.png
Lion:
20091223224408!403Shinx.png
404Luxio.png
405Luxray.png

Hedgehog:
20090815060920!492Shaymin-Land.png
]

Sandshrew and Sandslash are like armadillo and porcupine (or possibly hedgehog), respectively.
Sandshrew and Sandslash are actually based on Pangolins due that they resemble scaly anteaters

Last edited:

Sandshrew and Sandslash are actually based on Pangolins due that they resemble scaly anteaters

Ah, that makes sense too. >_> Still, I always got an armadillo vibe from sandshrew.

What we need is a Water/Ground Star-nosed Mole

I mean, sure we have Diglett and Drilbur for the moles, but we need like a special type of mole pokemon that can both swim and dig. And the Star-nosed mole matches that idea. Plus it wouldn't have to handle that 2x weakness to Water and it will be the very first Water/Ground pokemon thats based on a mammal 8]

Last edited:

Why have Lesser [or Red] Pandas recieved no Pokelove? They'd probably be fire types.

What we need is a Water/Ground Star-nosed Mole

I mean, sure we have Diglett and Drilbur for the moles, but we need like a special type of mole pokemon that can both swim and dig. And the Star-nosed mole matches that idea. Plus it wouldn't have to handle that 2x weakness to Water and it will be the very first Water/Ground pokemon thats based on a mammal 8]

This Animal is awesome!
and how about a giant Sloth, an antelope, An Oryx, a Stegosaurus, a Barracuda, a cormorant, an Elan(a skeleatl one would rock), a mink, and a peacock?

Why have Lesser [or Red] Pandas recieved no Pokelove? They'd probably be fire types.

Spinda-lalalalala!

This Animal is awesome!
and how about a giant Sloth, an antelope, An Oryx, a Stegosaurus, a Barracuda, a cormorant, an Elan(a skeleatl one would rock), a mink, and a peacock?

Sloth - Slakoth line. Duh
Antelope - Idk. Stantler, but maybe not. :p

Spinda-lalalalala!

Sloth - Slakoth line. DuhAntelope - Idk. Stantler, but maybe not. :p

1) sure, but i want one that doesn't turns into a gorilla, and into a GIANT sloth
2) stantler is not an antelope, but i know you posted maybe not.

We don't have a Platypus though

Hi, I'm named after a duck, but I'm in the Ground egg group with most mammals and not in the Bird group.

054Psyduck.png

Another random idea: A bad-ass robotic insect with rockets and machine guns attached.
Fix'd. Oh, wait.

yeah! we need those! and also an ice-type Snow Leopard (that has GOOD STATS!, what is it with Game Freak, that every cat has to have below average stats overall?)

yes, Persian and Delcatty... as much as i like you... i AM TALKING ABOUT YOU GUYS!

/rant

Cats are like rodent in a way you'd think about them as cute, unevolved Pokémon rather than powerful ones. So it's a bit difficult to think on an outstanding cat Pokémon. (Still we have Mew)

On the other hand, if you mean any feline, Luxray has decent stats and in Gen V its potential gone wild (charge).

What about a sponge? (inb4 Spongebob)

Spinda-lalalalala!

Spinda is a Greater Panda; Greater Pandas are bears. Lesser pandas look more like raccoon/cat/fox things. They're two different animals.

Edit: Okay, Spinda's do have a vaguely similar color [sort of reddish/whitish] but they don't really look much like them. Not close enough for me to be convinced, but meh. :/

Cats are like rodent

I'm going to try and restrain myself from saying something nasty in fury.

Although that's true, the majority of cat Pokemon are early and generally weak, they ought to make some more powerful ones (big cats). Luxray and Absol, Mew if you consider it one, are pretty much the only decent ones. They should make it more balanced like the dog Pokemon- Arcanine and Houndoom are pretty damn good.

I like the snow leopard idea.

I'm going to try and restrain myself from saying something nasty in fury.

Although that's true, the majority of cat Pokemon are early and generally weak, they ought to make some more powerful ones (big cats). Luxray and Absol, Mew if you consider it one, are pretty much the only decent ones. They should make it more balanced like the dog Pokemon- Arcanine and Houndoom are pretty damn good.

I like the snow leopard idea.

There's also the Legendary Beasts... But Raikou only count, because of it's sabre-teeth.

yeah sure, we already have a lot of doggy pokemon, but am I the only one who would love to catch a husky based one? it'd be pure ice first, and when it evolves it would be fighting/ice...

AWESOME!:yahoo:

I'd like to see something based on yellow, black and chocolate labs. One Pokemon with three forms, and a different ability with each form, based on its color. Off the top of my head, Lightningrod for the Yellow Forme, Sand Veil for Choco Forme, and Heart of Justice for the Black Forme.

Yes. Yes.

A kiwi Pokemon would be amazing, because those things are adorable.

060217_kiwi.jpg

1. A pure Rock Ibex line. Two Pokemon, the first being a small mountain goat with rocky 'nubs' on its head while the final evolution being a fully grown ibex with magnificent crystal horns.

Picture of an ibex:

nubian-ibex-1.jpg

2. Normal/Ice Pine Marten. Would be cool & adorable. :3

Pine%20marten%20on%20branch%20(side%20view).jpg

'Nuff said.

1. A pure Rock Ibex line. Two Pokemon, the first being a small mountain goat with rocky 'nubs' on its head while the final evolution being a fully grown ibex with magnificent crystal horns.

Picture of an ibex:

nubian-ibex-1.jpg
'Nuff said.
Cobalon looks simlar to the Ibex. Doesn't it? I don't know XD
638Cobalon.png

Cobalon looks simlar to the Ibex. Doesn't it? I don't know XD
638Cobalon.png

In a way, yes. But it's more of a markhor, if you can see what I mean.

Ibices have really, really rounded horns. Markhor tend to have spiraling horns that go straight up.

But I do see other resemblances. I just think a pure rock ibex sounds really appealing.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom