• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Generation V Ghost War - Chandelure vs Golurk vs Jellicent vs Cofagrigus

Dr. Buni

Take me away from here...
Reaction score
609.gif
vs
623.gif
vs
593f.gif
vs
563.gif

Who would win in a battle?
Who have the coolest design?
Who is creepier?
Who has the best typing and moves?

And finally, who is your favorite?

Last edited:
Re: Generation V Ghost War - Chandelure vs Gorog vs Jellicent vs Cofagrigus

This is definitely a hard one, since I like all of them. I can list down the reasons for liking all of them, but basically I pick Jellicent for the fact that they have gender differences, which is very funny and likeable.

Thanks for reading.

Ooh, so hard to choose D: But I'ma have to give my vote to Cofagrigus

Chandelure has one of the most ingenious and elegant designs of any Pokemon. It's apparently beastly stat-wise, and I looooooove the typing. Can't wait to use it.

Shandera.

He's very original.

A possesed, old timey chandeliar?

Completely original...

This one is hard, very hard.

Chandelure is creepy, elegant and has a awesome cry.
Cofagrigus is based on a sarcophagus, how can I dislike this?
Gorog is a fucking armor possessed by a ghost... And it can FLY!

I guess that i'll be takin Cofagrigus.

Meh... I don't know... couldn't they just use ghost attacks to knock each other out?

Chandelure and Cofagrigus have extremely original designs for a Poke.

Who is the creepier?
The only one I'd freak out if I see it (considering that Pokes would be around) is Chandelure.

Who has the best typing?
I like Chandelure's... Gorog's... Jellicent's...

So Chandelure it is.

Who would win in a battle? (My favorite part.)

Chandelure's faster than all of the others, and with that insane Sp. Attack, its Shadow Ball won't be taking any prisoners here. Chandelure for sure.

Who has the coolest design?

Again, Chandelure. It's so eerie... and original. Cofagrigus is pretty cool, too, and to an extent, so is Jellicent (Pringles!), but Chandelure wins.

Who is the creepiest?

Cofagrigus puts up a good fight here, with those shadowy hands. But just look at Chandelure. Just one look at that thing, and you know it wants your soul.

I wish I could say Chandelure again, but as cool as the concept is, Ghost/Fire has a lot of weaknesses, and outside of its STABs, it only has Energy Ball, Hidden Power, and (for setup) Calm Mind. This time, Pringles Jellicent wins, with its Water/Ghost typing and its awesome, wall-oriented movepool.

Chandelure, Chandelure, Chandelure, and... Jellicent. Onibi-chandelier for me!

This was a very challenging choice for me.

Chandelure could defeat the others with its powerful Special Attack stat, and Shadow Ball.

I really like Chandelure and Cofagrigrius' designs, but I think Chandelure is slightly better.

Who is the creepier?

Gorog is based on the 'scariest' concept, and is the creepiest for me.

Gorog has the best typing (Ghost/Ground) and has a great movepool.

Chandelure pulls ahead, and is my favorite.

Im going with Gorog on this one just because he can learn fly....oh and its a ghost ground pokemon.

Not sure, they could kill each other, and I haven't used them yet.
I'd have to say Chandelure. I've loved the design since I first saw it.
Who is the creepier?
Honestly, I get scared easily, but Cofagrigus would honestly scare me the most.
Honestly, Gorog has a great movepool and interesting typing.
Chandelure. Again, I've loved the concept of a possessed Chandeleir from the start.

One thing I don't get in this thread is why Golurk's name is still in his Japanese name. The two names that are slashed are actually different versions of the same romanisation. Also, I am guessing that Jellicent is often depicted as male? I like to see Jellicent as a female.

Thanks for reading.

The answer about Golurk's name is that I thought that Gorog was its English name. About Jellicent, I think that the male one is cooler than the female one, but this is just my opnion.

And wow, I didn't know that Chandelure was so popular.
I though that Cofagrigus would stay in the first place.

Chandelure is over-rated. But I'm not going to let that get in the way. It's just wicked cool. Besides, I love it's shiny sprite. :]

This was a tough one, I must say.

Chandelure has a very high Special Attack stat, so I'm gonna say it would win.

Chandelure, with Desukaan coming in close second.

Who is the creepier?
I find Desukaan the creepiest.

Jellicent for best typing, Chandelure for moves.

Chandelure, by a mile. It's very interesting and I've liked it ever since I saw it for the first time.

I love both Chandelure and Jellicent...but I'll go with the awesome chandelier, because it's probably more powerful and spooky.

First of all, Burungel has one of the silliest design in pokemon. Just my opinion.

This is hard. I think it's between Shandera and Cofagrigus. They have above average stats. Cofagrigus has insane def and spdef. But Shandera has insane offense too. With descent move set.

No doubt, Shandera has the coolest design in the ghost type.

Who is the creepier?
For some reason, I get creep out by Burungel (Jellicent). Seriously look at it. It looks like it's about to tentacle rape you.

Shandera!!

SHANDERA

No doubt Chandelure, with high Special Attack and STAB Shadow Ball.

Who has the Coolest Design?

Personally, I think Chandelure. It's an eerie possessed Chandelier.

Who is Creepier?

I think Cofagrigus. Such an eerie face...

From what I see, Golurk has pretty good moves and a great typing. Ground/Ghost, very original.

Who is your favorite?

This is tough, but for me, from favorite to least favorite, it would go Chandelure, Golurk, Cofagrigus, Jellicent.

Chandelure and Golurk have stood out at me from the start by design for their own reasons. Both have unique type combinations, and both seem like they'll make excellent fighters.

I'll form a fuller opinion after actually using them in-game, but right now I'm giving it to Chandelure by virtue of the fact that he seems eerier, like a ghost-type should be.

Shanderaa (I'm still hangin' on to the old names). Golurk looks too western (although it is pretty cool), Jellicent looks stupid, and Cofagrigus has too offensive a name :p. Plus, Shanderaa is pretty damn cool on its own.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom