• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rocketshipping General Discussion

I have a topic!
What is your favorite "dub only" hint?

One of my favorites, as I mentioned sometime earlier in this thread was when James called Jessie "Sweetheart" in one of the episodes. At the time I thought it was so cute, but was sad to discover it was a dub only hint.

I also liked it when James said I love you (to both Jessie and Meowth) in "Hocus Pokemon."

"Looks like we got some action to this bedroom too!"
"We are the best couple" (Holy Matrimony scene <3)

I'll go with Finnish dub "hints" because I can. :p Jessie and James are so cute in my old dub~

Has your opinion of Rocketshipping changed since the start of Best Wishes?

I actually like it more now than I used to. Well, no, that's not exactly true. I used to really love it, but around AG and DP my interest kinda died even though I always considered it a favorite. But with BW I love it just as much as I used to. The cuteness factor has gone down quite a bit with Jessie and James's more mature selves, but the hotness factor has gone WAY up. :p

The ones from the Finnish dub sound absolutely amazing and I am beyond jealous that the English dub has never had anything like that. XD Other than that, I'm not sure. I can't remember any hints that I really loved that weren't also present in the original.

I have a topic!

One of my favorites, as I mentioned sometime earlier in this thread was when James called Jessie "Sweetheart" in one of the episodes. At the time I thought it was so cute, but was sad to discover it was a dub only hint.

I also liked it when James said I love you (to both Jessie and Meowth) in "Hocus Pokemon."

I love the one from Hocus Pokemon, too! My favorite is from "Vanity Affair", during the Advanced saga. James suggests to Jessie that they "cash in their chips" (quit) and go settle down together on a private island somewhere.

Last I checked people don't fantasize about settling down on a private island with just ANYBODY. ^_~

Last edited:
I was re-watching the episode where Musashi won her first ribbon today, and I noticed something kinda interesting. Unfortunately I don't have much of a clue what Kojiro and Nyasu were saying, so I'll just have to go off of pictures unless Jeska someone knows what they said.

065.jpg

Here we have the first Rocket scene. Musashi is all excited about the Contest and as usual, Kojiro and Nyasu don't seem to give a crap, then get this "oh shit!" look on their faces when they realize they haven't rigged the Contest. Same old early DP bullshit.

348.jpg

Fastforward a little later and we see Kojiro happily throwing the same confetti from earlier after Musashi is revealed to have passed the appeal round.

Now here's my question. Was this intentional? Showing how Kojiro goes from not really caring because Musashi is just being full of herself again, to wanting to throw it on his own because she did a good job? Hinting at some character development that Kojiro (and Nyasu) will be much more supportive and caring once Musashi starts calming down and figuring things out on her own?

Has your opinion of Rocketshipping changed since the start of Best Wishes?

I think my feelings from the end of DP just carried over to BW, but now they have this sense of trust in each other that wasn't there before. In late DP, they were doing stuff together, but it wasn't dangerous. But I really like what RG said about them growing up and acting more mature. I love that they're acting this way consistently, I don't think I would have been able to appreciate it as much if it had happened in an earlier series. I'm really looking forward to the conclusion of the meteorite plot ;___; <3

I have a topic!

For the life of me, I can't remember what episode it was from, but the TRio fell out of the bushes and said something about "oh, we were up so late and we partied all night!" Even as a kid I was like, "Whoa, what now? O__o" It was a Kanto episode, for sure. I had a dirty mind as a kid :x

Now here's my question. Was this intentional? Showing how Kojiro goes from not really caring because Musashi is just being full of herself again, to wanting to throw it on his own because she did a good job? Hinting at some character development that Kojiro (and Nyasu) will be much more supportive and caring once Musashi starts calming down and figuring things out on her own?

It being the exact same confetti, I'd say yes, even if it is generic looking. I love that you noticed this :D

For anyone who thought it wasn't worth it to watch the Hikari/Takeshi special, here's what you missed...

RocketPreview_10.jpg

RocketPreview_1.jpg

RocketPreview_2.jpg

RocketPreview_3.jpg

RocketPreview_4.jpg

RocketPreview_5.jpg

RocketPreview_6.jpg

RocketPreview_7.jpg

RocketPreview_8.jpg

RocketPreview_9.jpg

1296730505898.jpg

1296730512034.jpg

Yup! We got a preview of the epic Rocket episodes, and holy shit will it be epic! This was a freaking long preview. There's tons more stuff but I wanted to just focus on the TRio since a video will be up soon enough. This is like a freaking movie! :crush:

On the shipping side of things... what jumped out to me is that they're at some party in the 6th cap that Plasma interrupts. Obviously they don't get to dance like all the nameless people there, but maybe there will be some downtime so they can talk? It's great how the three of them seem to be doing stuff on their own. We must get something here, right? Someone gets hurt or something cute when they're fighting together?

At the very least, they'll be extra smoking hot. :smokin:

I'm so excited as well. I can only wonder about how this affects the Rockets' future in the series. Seriously, can't wait.

Carly, I think that scene was in an Orange Islands episode where they stole some statue from a museum. XD

No time for catching up with the thread...

Instead of replying the topics, I will just say... this is what I've veen waiting for since the day I first saw Rockets. This and Rocketshipping becoming canon, of course :D I love how Pokemon makes my dreams come true :> I'm fangasming for hours now, this is so gonna be the most epic stuff we've had in Pokemon yet. And I thought Galactic Gang's finale was epic... And this is barely the beginning! :D

On the shipping side of things... what jumped out to me is that they're at some party in the 6th cap that Plasma interrupts. Obviously they don't get to dance like all the nameless people there, but maybe there will be some downtime so they can talk? It's great how the three of them seem to be doing stuff on their own. We must get something here, right? Someone gets hurt or something cute when they're fighting together?
Well, in the preview it didn't look like they would have time for that. It was just so packed with action that it's really hard to say. I'd like to see some more nice cooperation between Musashi and Kojiro (I'm sure we're going to get it) and acting protective for each other :3 I'm glad they're going to get action on their own, so that other people won't be a bother in this case.

At the very least, they'll be extra smoking hot. :smokin:
Hot and epic :smokin:

Rockets really changed, especially Kojiro. He looks so freaking hot when blowing the shit up with a smile on his face >3 It makes him look like a cold-hearted bastard who doesn't care about anyone... anyone but Musashi his team. He used to be a whiny crybaby and now, just look at him. I can't help but think, that he changed for Musashi and for their shared dreams. DP117 must have been a milestone here. Musashi was ready to sacrifice her life, because of his fault and wasn't even mad with him. Who knows, maybe deep in heart, he made kind of promise to himself, that he would get manlier, stronger and more competent so that a situation like this would never happen again and he could protect her instead of her protecting him.

this is what I've veen waiting for since the day I first saw Rockets.
This. So many times I watched my favorite characters fail in embarrassing ways, and look at them now... They're on the top of the world. Maybe I can reach my dreams too, someday...
Rockets really changed, especially Kojiro. He looks so freaking hot when blowing the shit up with a smile on his face >3 It makes him look like a cold-hearted bastard who doesn't care about anyone... anyone but Musashi his team. He used to be a whiny crybaby and now, just look at him. I can't help but think, that he changed for Musashi and for their shared dreams. DP117 must have been a milestone here. Musashi was ready to sacrifice her life, because of his fault and wasn't even mad with him. Who knows, maybe deep in heart, he made kind of promise to himself, that he would get manlier, stronger and more competent so that a situation like this would never happen again and he could protect her instead of her protecting him.
QFFT. BW Rockets are a true blessing. I'm so happy I won't have to see whiny Kojiro anymore! :-D I do find him really hot in that scene as well. <3

I don't think Musashi needs protecting in this case... But maybe at some point of the series it could happen. She's admirably strong now, just like she was in the Love&Youth episode... I always thought she was at her best in that story. <3 (Musashi had her weaknesses then, but that was because she had nobody to trust. I do wonder if we are going to see her weakness in BW again, especially if she comes close to losing her only friends.)

Can it be March yet?

This preview totally made my week! It is so amazing, I couldn't stop watching it!

On the shipping side of things... what jumped out to me is that they're at some party in the 6th cap that Plasma interrupts. Obviously they don't get to dance like all the nameless people there, but maybe there will be some downtime so they can talk? It's great how the three of them seem to be doing stuff on their own.

It's funny, there was so much action in this preview I barely noticed they were at some kind of party! I would like them to get some downtime to themselves, even just for 30 seconds so they can talk to each other. It would be really nice :)

this is what I've veen waiting for since the day I first saw Rockets.

QFT. Before BW, I honestly never though I would see them do anything like this. BW rockets have changed things, and I am very happy about it. Things can only get better from here!

The preview is AMAZING! I can't wait!

I just watched the first two dubbed episodes of Black & White and I'm impressed. Jessie, James & Meowth were portrayed quite well. Their motto sounded a bit awkward in English though, since the writers LITERALLY translated it to English, but its still cool! :yahoo:

Another lurker has decided to register. :p

I'll give you a quick introduction.
I'm from Finland (I speak Swedish, though), and English is my third language, so my grammar may not be perfect.
As a kid, I was quite fond of Pokémon, but the first series I watched was the infamous AG, so that was not how I got into Rocketshipping.
Last year, I decided to watch every episode of Pokémon, starting with the very first one (I'm currently at the end of Orange Islands). Before I started, I watched random Pokémon videos on Youtube, came across a Rocketshipping AMV and had an "OMG!-This-is-the-best-pairing-ever-and-it-will-be-my-OTP-forever-and-ever!"-moment. Then I read the Rocketshipping article on Bulbapedia, found this thread and have been lurking since page 40, but I read through every single page, because I have way too much free time to get a hold of the Japanese names.

I love the new BW Rockets, they're so hot! <3 And yet it's only been 18 episodes. Now that the Rockets are serious, I'm hoping for Rocketshipping becoming canon some serious hints, just like about everyone else here. :-D

Hey Spacegirl, welcome to our thread!! It's nice to have more of us Finns here (you're the third one ;D). Too bad I'm not good in Swedish, haha!

Your story of watching the series is very similar to mine. I'm happy you like BW Rockets too. <3 Can't wait for next month's episodes to come~ Luckily, February is very short.

Rocketshipping Anthology is ready and available for download ^^ I hope you will enjoy it ;)
[link removed]

And hi Spacegirl! Welcome to the thread :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the thread, SpaceGirl!

jessierocketka, I would like to download the anthology onto my Kindle. Would that be possible? And do those who've contributed to it have to pay for it as well?

jessierocketka, I would like to download the anthology onto my Kindle. Would that be possible? And do those who've contributed to it have to pay for it as well?
You don't have to worry about paying for it, as it's completely free for everyone. :)

You don't have to worry about paying for it, as it's completely free for everyone. :)

According to the site, it says the free version will contain "maximum advertising". I'm leery of anything that would put adware on my computer.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom