• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Unconfirmed: Black and White not to be followed by a third version: Mana Ibe denies a

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Unconfirmed: Black and White not to be followed by a third version: Mana Ibe denies an eventual ...

In an interview with Spanish site Meristation, game developer Mana Ibe indicated that the fifth generation's story may end with Black and White.

Read more on Bulbanews

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Unconfirmed: Black and White may be the only Generation V titles: Mana Ibe denies

They have already revealed to us in another interview that N's name will be revealed in the third version and how they'll go deeper into his past. We still have to learn more about God Stone which is coded into the games and there are also two Ice type moves which no one can learn. (One that burns and other that paralyzes, my bet is that Kyurem will eventually get those moves)

So yeah, I doubt Black & White will be the only Gen V games. With all the hints left in the first two games, Pokémon Gray/Grey is almost bound to happen.

Re: Unconfirmed: Black and White may be the only Generation V titles: Mana Ibe denies

They have already revealed to us in another interview that N's name will be revealed in the third version and how they'll go deeper into his past. We still have to learn more about God Stone which is coded into the games and two ice type moves are left which no one can learn. (My bet is that will eventually be Kyurem)

So yeah, I doubt Black & White will be the only Gen V games, Pokémon Gray/Grey is almost bound to happen.

what interview was that? (wants to read :drool:)
i was kinda hoping this would be it though as i've never bought the 1st installments of a gen (barring Gold but i didn't buy it myself) cuz i feel like i'm missing out :( and i can't wait 2-3 more years for another game u_u

For goodness sake. This is simple marketing. They were there to advertise BW, they're not going to announce new better games before these are even out.

This is the fandom over-reacting to the usual thing.

Remember when they said there would be no GS Remakes?

what interview was that? (wants to read :drool:)
i was kinda hoping this would be it though as i've never bought the 1st installments of a gen (barring Gold but i didn't buy it myself) cuz i feel like i'm missing out :( and i can't wait 2-3 more years for another game u_u
I don't have the link to the actual interview, though ...

pokejungle said:
As Serebii and I were discussing though, there is the fact that an interview with GameFreak (in Japan) had said that a third game would go deeper into N’s history and reveal his name. Tackman also points out that there are items and attacks that would seem to coordinate with the third legendary, Kyurem, that are not seen in Black or White.

It's a simple logic, there's no reason not to make third version.

For goodness sake. This is simple marketing. They were there to advertise BW, they're not going to announce new better games before these are even out.

This is the fandom over-reacting to the usual thing.

Remember when they said there would be no GS Remakes?

I think I'm going to have to agree with Serebii with this one. Who would say that there will be a third game when BW isn't even out in anywhere not Japan?

Im crossing my fingers for a third version but I have doubts on the Mascot. Am I the only person who thinks that the design of Kyurem doesn't match up to the other Mascots?, maybe he'll have an alternative forme like Giratina in this 'third' version.:thumbup:

Im crossing my fingers for a third version but I have doubts on the Mascot. Am I the only person who thinks that the design of Kyurem doesn't match up to the other Mascots?, maybe he'll have an alternative forme like Giratina in this 'third' version.:thumbup:

I have a feeling that that'll be the case. SInce Kyurem is so incomplete, I expect a third version to materialise.

I completely agree with the above posters. The cash cow can't walk on two feet alone.

What, I can't publish an article that I personally disagree with? :p

I completely agree with the above posters. The cash cow can't walk on two feet alone.

What, I can't publish an article that I personally disagree with? :p
Not when it's causing a mess that I keep having to clean up :/

I think there most certainly will be a third version. Not only is it a tradition, but Legendaries work in trios, so all 3 get to be version mascots.
I agree with Angelus about an alternate forme Kyuurem.

Sorry Janitor Serb. Just reporting what's happening in this ridiculous fandumb of ours.

Well, don't worry too much about it. It's unconfirmed for a reason. A very good reason.

I think there most certainly will be a third version. Not only is it a tradition, but Legendaries work in trios, so all 3 get to be version mascots.
I agree with Angelus about an alternate forme Kyuurem.

Alternate form Kyurem... I think I'm expecting another meltdown when the third version gets announced.

Sorry Janitor Serb. Just reporting what's happening in this ridiculous fandumb of ours.
Yeah, but you could have done what I had done and stated outright that it was during promotion of BW and so it's logical PR bull

Yeah, but you could have done what I had done and stated outright that it was during promotion of BW and so it's logical PR bull

Neutrality is integral to a news site. And Bulbanew is a news site for Pokémon news. So, I don't think that kind of statement should be in the article.

Neutrality is integral to a news site. And Bulbanew is a news site for Pokémon news. So, I don't think that kind of statement should be in the article.
If anything, it definitely should as it shows adding all logical parts. I kept my post completely neutral and just gave facts.

This whole thing has spun out of control by people who don't understand business.

If anything, it definitely should as it shows adding all logical parts. I kept my post completely neutral and just gave facts.

This whole thing has spun out of control by people who don't understand business.

In the end, well, maybe we should put this topic at rest.

I would be really disappointed if the third version doesn't exist.

I was planning to ignore it since it was fairly obvious, I even gave immewnity a heads up. However, it blew out of proportion so I had to comment on it

I call PR marketing as well. They will want to release an installment of the main series for the 3DS and recreating a game from scratch would be plain brainless. The 3DS will need the Pokemon boost and the Pokemon series is the perfect excuse for the StreetPass feature. Call it speculation but we're going to see the third version this September alright, for the 3DS of course.

I call PR marketing as well. They will want to release an installment of the main series for the 3DS and recreating a game from scratch would be plain brainless. The 3DS will need the Pokemon boost and the Pokemon series is the perfect excuse for the StreetPass feature. Call it speculation but we're going to see the third version this September alright, for the 3DS of course.

I'm not sure about the 3DS part, but I'm sure that, as many others have said, there will be a third version. No ifs and buts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom