• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Most underrated Pokemon?

Absol has some fans, at least it had in the past years.
Nway, Jumpluff and its family are underrated also.

Houndoom. It's never gotten the recognition it deserves. High sp.atk. And although it does have a relatively high number of weaknesses, it also possesses (in my experience) excellent evasiveness. Houndoom is a team staple for me in XD, Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky, HeartGold, Crystal, Sapphire, and Emerald.

Really? I haven't seen too much to be honest.

Absol is one of the most popular Pokemon there is, barring the Eeveelutions and Lucario.
It's pretty useful in lower tiers and if you look it up on places like fanfic or DeviantArt you will see all the (sometimes atrocious) fans it has.

Gengar and Arcanine. Gengar can learn practically any attack. Arcanine has lots of speed and power. They also make a good pair in battle. Gengar can learn Thunderbolt and the like to get rid of water Pokemon, and Arcanine can learn attacks like Bite and Crunch to get rid of those nasty Psychic types.

Gengar underrated? Arcanine?
You gotta be kidding, right?

Gengar and Arcanine. Gengar can learn practically any attack. Arcanine has lots of speed and power. They also make a good pair in battle. Gengar can learn Thunderbolt and the like to get rid of water Pokemon, and Arcanine can learn attacks like Bite and Crunch to get rid of those nasty Psychic types.

Arcanine, maybe, but Gengar? No way. Everyone likes Gengar. If it isn't accurately rated, then it would have to be overrated (which I don't think it is, but that's neither here nor there).

OMGSH!

Sunflora is underrated. For real. I even created a Vs. thread under the "Contest Hall" section of this forum. Sunflora has no fans. It may not be powerful, but at least it is decent. :[

OMGSH!

Sunflora is underrated. For real. I even created a Vs. thread under the "Contest Hall" section of this forum. Sunflora has no fans. It may not be powerful, but at least it is decent. :[

Sunflora may be one of the best designed pokemon ever. I don't know why others do not appreciate it, maybe because they feel "uncool" battling with a flower.

I can battle with Vileplume and it is an flower.
But Sunflora doesn't fit me.

Snorlax isn't underrated also.

I am such an incredibly huge fan of Relicanth, and I've always really really wished that it saw more merch and everything. Or more of an interesting story associated with it. The story of the discovery of the first coelacanth is so interesting to me, that I wish they could have done something similar with Relicanth SOMEWHERE in the franchise.

I am such an incredibly huge fan of Relicanth, and I've always really really wished that it saw more merch and everything. Or more of an interesting story associated with it. The story of the discovery of the first coelacanth is so interesting to me, that I wish they could have done something similar with Relicanth SOMEWHERE in the franchise.

That would be VERY cool. And I agree, Relicanth is very underrated. Hey, pretty muh all fish Pokemon are underrated, except for ones like Gyarados. I mean, look at Qwilfish for example! He has so much potential, but people never use him.

That would be VERY cool. And I agree, Relicanth is very underrated. Hey, pretty muh all fish Pokemon are underrated, except for ones like Gyarados. I mean, look at Qwilfish for example! He has so much potential, but people never use him.
Yeah! I think Qwilfish might be the most underrated pokemon on the planet. Theres a REALLY small number of fanart this fish gets, I barely see any comments about him in any of the pokemon disscusions or threads, and no one even uses him in games or walkthoughs. This guy is HIGHLY underated :boom:
20100417202243!211Qwilfish.png

Ninetales. They're not that good for battle, but they're beautiful and a wonderful pet for the rich.

Sableye. One of my characters likes creepy things, so this is what I gave him. And they look like imps, yeah, but they grow on you after a while.

Ninetales is overrated by fire-type fans.
And there's so many fans of this type, so...

I agree with who mentioned Qwilfish.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom