• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Messing with Names

I have a filthy mind; I named my character "I'm gay" and my rival "my cock" in Emerald.

Mom: Oh! I'M GAY! I'M GAY! Come quick!

Hello, I'm gay, are you looking for my cock?

This has been done before, I know, but when we did it we thought it was funny.

I called Silver "baldy monk" on SoulSilver just for kicks as a reference to another redhead character (that kicks his ass down the sidewalk and up the ceiling, by the way), and tend to always name fodder Pokemon obscenely, but I never got too clever with them.

Examples are "Gay" for my Gold red Gyarados, "Guhgay2" for the one I caught on SoulSilver, and "Gyarafaggy" on HeartGold. Others include "dicksucker" and "titsucker," "STDs," and some others you probably wouldn't want me to mention.

Name a pokemon penis

go to the day care

You want your penis back?

Your penis has grown __ levels

It will cost ___ poke to have your penis back.

Well nothing as big as you guys but I sometimes called my guy Master and the rival Loser or Slave. It is funny when the rival tells me my Pokemon are weak yet says his name is Loser XD

I have had messed around calling Pokemon or trainers with stupid or silly names, but made sure only I would ever see those ones lol

Though I don't do names like what other people have said, I keyboard mash a lot.

For instance, naming my shiny rayquaza, mash the stylus on the keyboard.. voila, he was named 'kfr von'.

I also have 'mof wm' and 'kco neg'.

I think I once named my own character "me". It fit some conversations pretty well (aside from the NPCs mostly talking to themselves, lol).

Oh, and when my best friend traded me some of her best Pokémon because she was gonna restart her game, she had me catch some Bidoofs and Starlys and give them random nicknames. Here's some of them:
ImmaFartin'
InMahLazor
P00000000T!!
Oops
I Farted
Again
It Stinks!!!

Get the sequence?

I don't mess with gross names, but I do like the idea of using Unown to spell things and put them nicknames to enforce another message, like in that one Lost Silver creepypasta. :D

In pearl, nick naming barry with "slut" and name my piplup "penis"

So.. When battle....

"You are challenged by slut!"

"Go penis!"

In Emerald I nicknamed my Ralts "Bitch" because I was mad about how long it took me to catch it, so when I put it in the daycare the lady was like "Your Bitch has grown _ levels." and "Do you want your Bitch back?"
That got a laugh from me xP
Same with "Go! Bitch!"

Yeah, it's a pity that you don't get to name your rival in RSE. But just for kicks (and because I actually feel that way :p), I renamed my Grovyle "Ashisgay" on Emerald as to spit on all those shippers' faces. (And because the character sucks ass.)

Nicknamed my Spinarak Spine in HG; uncreative, I know but I got a laugh while taking it out of the daycare:

"I'll give you your Spine back for 100 poké."

LOLWUT?

Yeah, it's a pity that you don't get to name your rival in RSE. But just for kicks (and because I actually feel that way :p), I renamed my Grovyle "Ashisgay" on Emerald as to spit on all those shippers' faces. (And because the character sucks ass.)

What searing wit you have. And a good percentage of people do support Ash in yaoi ships.
I have no way of checking this, but I think I may have nicknamed the Raticate I had in my original Playthrough of Yellow "Squirtle", partly because I taught it Water Gun and Bubblebeam. My six-year-old mind must have thought this extremely funny, and I can sorta see why.

What searing wit you have. And a good percentage of people do support Ash in yaoi ships.

I didn't mean for it to be a really deprecating or clever insult; I was just finding a stupid outlet for the disdain for the character in question. Besides, nobody here's supposed to take those names seriously, and you know that as well as I do.

I also think I might've named my Lairon "Getharder" or something in one of my Ruby playthroughs, so when it comes out, it's "Go! Getharder!" File's long been overwritten, so can't check to be sure.

I didn't mean for it to be a really deprecating or clever insult; I was just finding a stupid outlet for the disdain for the character in question. Besides, nobody here's supposed to take those names seriously, and you know that as well as I do.

Fair enough. I'd go on about how tasteless it is, but given some of the jokes my friends and I have made over the years, I'm not really in a position to comment.
Now that I think about it, actually, I've given a few of my Pokémon blank names. As in "Go! !"
EDIT: Upon testing this out, I discovered this is actually impossible. :/ But it is possible to name your Pokémon "!", so the Rater says "Done! This Pokémon shall now be known as !!"

Last edited:
Oh yes, and my friend's sister named her Cascoon "JELLISTICK", so during a battle it would say like "JELLISTICK used Harden!", which is somewhat like what happens to preserves if you don't eat them for a few months or something like that.

but I do like the idea of using Unown to spell things and put them nicknames to enforce another message, like in that one Lost Silver creepypasta. :D

Yay for Creepypasta refrences!!! :D

I don't usually screw with names but on one play through of pearl I named Barry that spaz.

In the mystery dungeon games, I would name the unowns after a letter, so I would get things like " 'I' was sent back", " 'U' picked up the oran berry" etc.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom